• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

K. Let me know if you need help with anything.

I think everyone wants to go with Trey's OT idea?

I wouldn't use it as a thread title. The joke would wear out its welcome long before the thread ran its course. Also, it would be slightly confusing for some people looking for the new thread.

Just my opinion, though.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I wouldn't use it as a thread title. The joke would wear out its welcome long before the thread ran its course. Also, it would be slightly confusing for some people looking for the new thread.

Just my opinion, though.

I understand.

So Viktor's one about 36 Storm Chambers?

This av has a different effect on different people. I'm definitely hungry.

Yes..hungry..

Clarence+Thomas.jpg

J10

Banned
We're legitimately considering putting the nigga who said white people ain't shit's name in the motherfucking BCT thread title?

Fuck it, let's go out with a bang.

Trey

BCT |OT9| File all your race bait complaints here

BCT |OT9| The alternative comic book and manga Thread

BCT |OT9| Central Command for operation celiphate

BCT |OT9| Please don't NBAgaf us

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
hope we move into the next ot on a more positive note than the last few pages.

BCT |OT9|

Trey

I've noticed an uptick in video game slander from movie reviews. Or perhaps I'm just woke.

Never noticed before now how videogames have become an easy punchline for reviewers to use in describing poorly conceived or superficial plots.

Malyse

I've noticed an uptick in video game slander from movie reviews. Or perhaps I'm just woke, now.

Never noticed before now how videogames have become an easy punchline for reviewers to use in describing poorly conceived or superficial plots.

Gamergate made gaming more of a joke than its been in years.

J10

Banned
I've noticed an uptick in video game slander from movie reviews. Or perhaps I'm just woke, now.

I remember when I went to see The Matrix Reloaded and Neo's quest felt very video game-like, but I assumed that was intentional given the nature of the movie. Visit the Oracle, who tells him to find the Keymaker to get access to The Source, but first he'll have to defeat the Merovingian. I thought I was watching somebody play Final Fantasy.

It was dope.

How about when people click on BCT, it automatically turns into a new black, green, and red theme with X Clan playing in the background.

That'll guarantee OT10 for sure!!

Kreed

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| If Only They Would Pull Their Pants Up
The Black Culture Thread |OT9| You Don't Sound Black
The Black Culture Thread |OT9| One Of The Good Ones
The Black Culture Thread |OT9| Destiny, Anime, and Comics Discussion

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Black Culture Thread |OT9| Whites Aren't Only Welcomed...They're Allowed

that's all I got for a WWE joke

Silky

Banned
I decided to go to class and I realize my second class was canceled because the elevator in the building caught on fire.

Good day.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've noticed an uptick in video game slander from movie reviews. Or perhaps I'm just woke.

it's always been like that

which is why I've never liked when people describe a game as "cinematic"

a movie reviewer says a film is "like a video game" as an insult. a game reviewer says a game is "like a movie" as a compliment

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Seriously guys, I hate the current state of offtopic. Discussions are aggressive and vicious. It's more like a death match. If you don't agree with someone you get immediately talked down, belittled or called names.
What I say now may awfully sound like "I have black friends" but hear me out for a second please, it's kinda important to understand my whole point.

I'm 37 years old, I'm living for almost my whole life as a foreigner in Germany. All my friends are foreigners. Arabs mainly but also Russians, Italians ans Turks. We got discriminated because we didn't look the part all the time. Police checked constantly our IDs, we got in fights with Skin Heads all the time in the 90s. In that time we had asylum seekers dying as Nazis burned the shitty hostels where they lived. I was in jail for some time because of fight I was involved in against a group of Skin Heads. Everyone of my friends, including me, are listening to Hip-Hop. Not because we try to be "gangsta" but because we can relate to.

Here comes Zwarte Piet. Last year I made some pretty stupid comments about it because I didn't know better. I already apologized because I understood I was wrong. I still feel bad about it. Now I stand by what I said in regards of Germanys lack of context when it comes to blackface but what I said clearly offended people with context right here. That wasn't my brightest moment.

So yeah, I'm white but I know quite a bit about how shitty living as a minority can be. Even worse, as a Italian I'm "on of the good foreigners". Obviously still a foreigner but not as horrible as a Arab. Great. In that blackface thread someone flat out told me that there is little to no racism against whites.
Yeah, in the US! But what about all of Europe where everyone hates everyone. What about the Jews not that long ago? Palestinians now?

What happens right now isn't the way to fight racism or anything really. You can't just accuse everyone to be a racist, misogynist or whatever. Some people on this thread have me on their "he belongs to RacistGAF" group and it sickens me.

I know that I don't really have to care. I'm still battling with the cancer I had four years ago and I have 11 month old son. I have my mind full already.
But I do care, because I hate how you guys are treated. So, if you see me in future threads and I might not align with you 100% please don't just lump me in the worst group there is.

Please don't ignore this because of my lack in eloquence. English is my third language and this is a pretty difficult discussion to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom