• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class started this week...I think its an unwritten rule that all the black people immediately go to the back or the room when they walk in a new class

Class started this week...I think its an unwritten rule that all the black people immediately go to the back or the room when they walk in a new class

Gotta be closest to the doors when college professors bust out the "I only see the human race" line

Back at my community college, all of the professors didn't believe in global warming for whatever reason. Like, closest thing to it was an Astronomy professor going "I believe in global climate change, but not global warming." Probably all members of far right-funded think tanks.

I had one black professor call that out on the class once lol, she knew she was intentionally poking the fun out of people especially since she had some of them before who already sat in the back lol. But hey sometimes the back seats are easiest way to jet out of the class room when done
Gotta be closest to the doors when college professors bust out the "I only see the human race" line

It seems like every sociology class or pretty much any social sciences class i've taken always has that one person that says this or something along the lines of. "I dont see anyone as different you're stripped polka dot" and other non human skin colors, among other ridiculous stuff.

Reasonable Doubt, Ridin Dirty & ATLiens dropped June, July & Aug 20 years ago. In the same stretch this year we've had 4 Gucci mane albums

96 was 18 years ago. Reasonable Doubt's probably not even a top 10 rap album in 94...honestly its barely top 10 in 96

Entroducing...
ATLiens
Ridin' Dirty
Ironman
Muddy Waters
Stakes Is High
The Don Killuminati
All Eyez on Me
It Was Written
Beats, Rhymes and Life
Bow Down
Illadelph Halflife

Do Better

I remember I had to get my dad to buy ATLiens for me. The music store wouldn't let minors purchase explicit albums. As we were leaving I popped it open in the car to put into the radio and after seeing the picture on the cd, I had to play it off like "naw nevermind, I don't want to listen to it right now".

KumaJG

+_2cd768b44efb56849e0884466f17ae60.png

Cat

This was very good, especially this part imo:

Fox News: This mantra of the unarmed black teenager shot by a white cop. You know that description in and of itself actually colors the way in which we look at this story.
Stewart: Yes...describing the actual facts of the case really does color the way we look at it. "White cop shoots unarmed teen" does sound terrible...

RedSwirl

Man, shit's gotten real today on twitter. People on my feed discussing the "kill em' with kindness" approach and other people talking about anger against oppressors.

Anyway, I'm posting this chart on BCT (it's gaming-related) because I know damn sure there's some kind of 1950's segregation blacklist equivalent to it. We just need to find it.

Here's the chart: http://t.co/GwlAXZq6IF

Jado

Banned
Man, shit's gotten real today on twitter. People on my feed discussing the "kill em' with kindness" approach and other people talking about anger against oppressors.

Anyway, I'm posting this chart on BCT (it's gaming-related) because I know damn sure there's some kind of 1950's segregation blacklist equivalent to it. We just need to find it.

Gotta be honest. I don't give a fuck if Zoe did do whatever the rabid horde claims she did for personal gain/favors (even though she didn't). I've never seen children so up in arms about nothing. Who fucking cares? Practically all the big game companies do shit for favorable coverage from the big publications, and yet these morons are throwing an unending fit about false allegations in which a barely-known indie dev got name dropped by an equally unknown gaming blogger. This is so benign and inoffensive.

Life in a bubble must be good. They're gonna be fucking shocked when they finally step into adulthood and see their peers blow right past them in their career fields due to nepotism, general favoritism and overall elbow-rubbing at lunches they're not invited to -- while they cry about being overlooked and unrewarded for their overstated merits.

Cat

Very cute.

Whoever made this chart...were they serious? This isn't satire?

Slayven

damn sad

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just keep in mind that its not a magic solution, naka

surgery is the easy part. rehab is the asskick

BHZ Mayor

I've been wondering lately if these types of people still see themselves as good people. Like, how do you actively spread hate against women and think you're the good guys in this?

Is there a larger version? I cant read any of that on my monitor.

Order

This is embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom