• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm back from that milk and cigar run.....

You ever woke up to females sending you pictures. Awesome feeling I swear.

And the answer is always Popeyes. Always.

RedSwirl

Why the fuck does all this shit always have to go down while I'm asleep. I wake up, and first thing in the morning I gut four pages of real-ass shit to read on BCT.

Maybe, just, all of us don't have the strength to continue the discussions and arguments we have to put up with in OT (not to mention gaming side). I've some some GOAT posts come out of the fam in OT threads, but y'all still human. I guess it was natural we'd eventually take a minute to reflect and wonder if we're actually accomplishing anything though. I know I probably don't post enough, either because I don't check OT enough or I'm usually slower than the rest of y'all when it comes to responding to people. Personally though I've been trying to make more of an effort to keep relevant discussions in OT threads and say what I mean to say over there. I wonder if any other black forum community has had to deal with this...

Anyway, it's a lot of heavy stuff to take in. We'll figure it out.

pfffttt....

All those who praise Domino's never had a Ledo's pizza

DmNO4pE.jpg

Military people know what the fuck I'm talking about.

For survival or for taste?

Taste, Done right grilled chicken will settle arguments, wars and even make people forget about Popeyes/KFC

Whoever wins you still lose.

So much truth, after living in Queens and Hoboken/Jersey City, only reason I'm touching chain pizza is because its cheap, otherwise the local pizza guys are the best. Biggest tragedy about moving back home, all the pizza places either try to copy Dominos or go full on Italian style pizza. Its getting to the point where I may have to learn to make pizza for myself...

i had to switch to Ember to even sometimes finish wave 15 alone, castana'ing doesn't work as well as it use to when those dam ancients combo plattering aura's

I'm just starting out with Ember now actually. Seems fun, although the change from 600 armour (Valkyr) down to 15 is jarring in a big way.
--
When it comes to women being under scrutiny I always think of that one time a friend told me she would get whispered at for wearing 'nice' clothes because people'd think she was looking for attention, but also whispered at for wearing whatever clothes because then they think she doesn't care/respect others. (This was in college.) That hit me hard. It was so clearly just scratching the surface, too, she rattled it off in a list of problems like it was just another thing, but I could tell it upset her. If it's even half as bad as that for all women, I don't know how they do it. It makes me angry and uncomfortable to this day and I try to call that stuff out when I see it. But it never feels like enough.

College dudes worried that movement to take rape seriously is ruining their sex lives

And here again is the trouble with how we talk about sex, consent and sexual violence in the United States. There are so many ways to flirt and have really enjoyable casual sex without being predatory, but we never talk about them. The importance of listening to the person you’re interested in having sex with and being alert to non-verbal cues certainly isn’t being taught in schools, and this kind of thing generally isn’t modeled in pop culture. So we have a vacuum about relationships and healthy sexuality. And that vacuum gets filled by banana brains like George Will, Caitlin Flanagan and the people on Fox News who can shout the loudest, people who believe that much of what’s called sexual assault is actually just “regretted sex,” a product of the “ambiguities of hookup culture.”

Which is why we now have young men telling Bloomberg News that they basically view their female peers as rape bombs just waiting to explode and ruin their lives. “Some men feel that too much responsibility for preventing sexual assault has been put on their shoulders,” according to one of the men interviewed for the piece.​

Here's the Bloomberg article. Link in the Salon article is broken.

I hear this so often from people I think have a clue and it is horrifying to think. 'Some girls are just crazy and they'll do it man'? Yeah? Well some dudes are just considered perfectly normal and they have multiple rapes under their belt that never got investigated.
Not to mention that the stats are out there for false rape accusations (0.2% I think?) versus rape accusations that don't go to court (too many).

So, uh, the right side of the Popeyes vs KFC debate is KFC, right?

I mean, we don't even have Popeyes here in England, so it's a first round TKO for me.

For you guys, the right answer might be whatever fried chicken chains you have in Ireland that isn't KFC.

winning
dHWf4g1.png

I just wouldn't trust any ole English fried chicken.

Hillbilly's is okay. I know some people hardcore love it here. It's got a much smaller footprint than KFC. The chicken definitely feels less processed but the chips just taste...odd.

Chicken Hut apparently have amazing gravy. And the one in my city used to be a KFC before they lost the franchise. That's all I know about them.

Angelus that post linked earlier was great, saving it for future reference.

Taste, Done right grilled chicken will settle arguments, wars and even make people forget about Popeyes/KFC

So much truth, after living in Queens and Hoboken/Jersey City, only reason I'm touching chain pizza is because its cheap, otherwise the local pizza guys are the best. Biggest tragedy about moving back home, all the pizza places either try to copy Dominos or go full on Italian style pizza. Its getting to the point where I may have to learn to make pizza for myself...

These fools dont know, Dat NYC/Tri State pizza game is Godly!

akira28

I wonder if any other black forum community has had to deal with this...

very few have the particular circumstances of this board. I've looked. You can get fuckery anywhere, but I'm too old for that shit. I can tolerate GAF, and BCT has some genuinely smart as hell people, the kind of people I want to associate with. I don't see that on other boards, mostly sprinklings of intelligence and interest among mostly fuck-shit. I mean it gets silly here sometimes, but I don't even fuck with the rest of the internet like that anymore. I don't know exactly why this thread is different, but it is.
where's here?

In the shadows of Washington, DC. coincidentally next to a Costco, where they go get their pizzas from whenever there's a pizza party.

Hillbilly's is okay. I know some people hardcore love it here. It's got a much smaller footprint than KFC. The chicken definitely feels less processed but the chips just taste...odd.
Chicken looks good. But fucked up potatoes? thats no good.

J10

Banned
honest question, how did you respond? Cuz when I get pics like that, its the good kind, and I wouldn't know what to say to ones lookin
H37xX.png

Ignored it. Pretended I never got it which prompted a resend. Tried to ignore it again. Said I wasn't interested when pressed. Then I got called a faggot.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
random work related questions.

How to do you bring up complaints against your superiors without catching backlash?
Does anyone have a grievance letter template?
Assuming you're in the US and not in a union shop: Unless it's EEOC, sexual harassment, or whistleblowing on someone who is committing a crime, you will have a hard time avoiding backlash. Even then, you can still eventually find yourself on a hit list. Make sure your complaint is airtight and demonstrable. You should still dust off your resume before you hit the big red button.

Military dudes around here swear up and down that Costco has good pizza.
Yeah, if it's free.
For 9.99, it's a good pie. You wanna fight? I'll send you my address and everything.

very few have the particular circumstances of this board. I've looked. You can get fuckery anywhere, but I'm too old for that shit. I can tolerate GAF, and BCT has some genuinely smart as hell people, the kind of people I want to associate with. I don't see that on other boards, mostly sprinklings of intelligence and interest among mostly fuck-shit. I mean it gets silly here sometimes, but I don't even fuck with the rest of the internet like that anymore. I don't know exactly why this thread is different, but it is.
GAF is a members only club, but a broadly established one. Some inbreeding issues do exist, but they're largely manageable. I do think that if BCT were locked further down and turned into a members only club within a members only club that you would have further inbreeding issues and become stagnant.

College dudes worried that movement to take rape seriously is ruining their sex lives

And here again is the trouble with how we talk about sex, consent and sexual violence in the United States. There are so many ways to flirt and have really enjoyable casual sex without being predatory, but we never talk about them. The importance of listening to the person you’re interested in having sex with and being alert to non-verbal cues certainly isn’t being taught in schools, and this kind of thing generally isn’t modeled in pop culture. So we have a vacuum about relationships and healthy sexuality. And that vacuum gets filled by banana brains like George Will, Caitlin Flanagan and the people on Fox News who can shout the loudest, people who believe that much of what’s called sexual assault is actually just “regretted sex,” a product of the “ambiguities of hookup culture.”

Which is why we now have young men telling Bloomberg News that they basically view their female peers as rape bombs just waiting to explode and ruin their lives. “Some men feel that too much responsibility for preventing sexual assault has been put on their shoulders,” according to one of the men interviewed for the piece.​

Here's the Bloomberg article. Link in the Salon article is broken.

Oh, shit. They have to think about other people and how the situation looks from the outside!

Whatever.

*searches Jennifer Love Hewitt on Twitter*

The inner Slay comes out.

I never knew she had all of that working for her. If there was ever any more reason to watch Criminal Minds.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yo it must be like a law of the universe

That every single conversation about pizza chains eventually ends up with someone saying that they are all shit and that their local ma n pa joint is dabes"

Like no one says that about chicken joints or fast food places. But every single conversation about pizza without fail will end with dudes talking about local joints nobody's ever heard of and how they shit on the big chains

I'd like to claim this as Retro_'s law if it's still up for grabs

akira28

Yo it must be like a law of the universe

That every single conversation about pizza chains eventually ends up with someone saying that they are all shit and that their local ma n pa joint is dabes"

Like no one says that about chicken joints or fast food places. But every single conversation about pizza without fail will end with dudes talking about local joints nobody's ever heard of

My local mom and pop fried chicken joint is shit. I went there 2 times and never again. I feel bad because I like supporting local business but I don't know how they even stay in business.

Now the italian and greek places around here who make their own pizza in brick ovens, they're just plain better than chain pizza. No contest. Just not as convenient.

I never knew she had all of that working for her. If there was ever any more reason to watch Criminal Minds.
I was gonna ask why you randomly were searching for her but god DAMN

At work thirstier than a whale in a desert

I was gonna ask why you randomly were searching for her but god DAMN

At work thirstier than a whale in a desert

Slayvenous thoughts
But seriously, how did you guys not know about 90s JLH till now?!

AfroMW

I eat it about once a week. Spicy chicken strips and rice is my vice. Cool thing about it is that it's not an unhealthy thing to eat.

The closest location from where I am is the next city over so anytime I visit friends I make sure to make a stop there each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom