• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to. That's how games like Binary Domain and Anarchy Reigns got made. (Enjoyed both but Goddamn did their expectations for those titles make no sense)

It could be said that the current Sega cares about money too much, which is why they've almost completely pulled out of video game development

they realeased all those tittles when all a nigga really wanted was a successor to this on ps3

Shinobi_(PS2)_Coverart.png

BHZ Mayor

I must not have the super taste buds that the internet seems to have when it comes to pizza, because I like Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Domino's. Not equally, but I wouldn't turn any of them down. However, I was recently put on to this really dope dine-in local pizza spot called Pyro's where you select the sauce and toppings you want like a Subway line. Really good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sega is a great company. Man, I love their blue skies. Afterburner, Outrun...that's the good stuff.

I must not have the super taste buds that the internet seems to have when it comes to pizza, because I like Pizza Hut, Papa John's, and Domino's. Not equally, but I wouldn't turn any of them down. However, I was recently put on to this really dope dine-in local pizza spot called Pyro's where you select the sauce and toppings you want like a Subway line. Really good.

I am not a pizza conoisseur really, I had never not enjoyed a pizza until Papa John's and haven't not enjoyed one since. I even tried different locations to be sure it wasn't that one place. So strange.

RP912

Banned
The only pizza I wouldn't touch even if I was paid for life to eat it is Little Caesars. Holy shit that struggle pizza is horrid.

I might as well eat ellios..

tumblr_l3io67wlLo1qakev8o1_500.jpg

they realeased all those tittles when all a nigga really wanted was a successor to this on ps3

Shinobi_(PS2)_Coverart.png

Wow, this is the truest post I've seen in a while. I never owned this game but my friend lent me it for a year and fuck, for some odd reason I can never find it in stores or garage sales.

As far as pizza goes, I go to a Mom and Pop store in Queens called Gaby's Pizza. Pretty popular in the area, I think it was rated best Pizza shop in the region a few times too. I rarely go to pizza chains unless GAF helps me out with free ones... Dominos is the one I would say I go to the most... Haven't had Pizza Hut for a while... like almost a decade ago lol.

akira28

Think I'll wait till tonight's JaRule Report before I weigh in on this one.

There's this girl that comes around to the community center that I hang around at. She is, quite honestly, the most amazing woman I've ever met, yo. We went to a candlelight vigil for Michael Brown earlier, and we just got through making origami together. I ain't shit, so I don't think I'll have much of a shot, but she's smart, just graduated with a BA and she's working for a local non-profit.

nothing like a woman that makes you want to be a better man. Doesn't hurt to try, either. Don't put it too far out of reach to think you could have a shot.

only edible round baked dough thing i turn down is Li'l Cz.

Pssst lol. Last time i heard his name was in 2006 or so when there was rumors he took out his eye. probably on that same shit that made him do it

lmao that was a rapper named Houston, from that one hit song "I Like That" feat. Chingy. I still remember the pictures of that shit...scust. Negro had some problems, man

KumaJG

Gratz Naka

Edit: Star Ocean: Last Hope becoming unbearable bruh. Once you get the 5 planet shit goes downhill so fast it is ridiculous. I am surprise there not an RPG Community thread on gaf.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Slayven this right up your ally, why do people always suggest Elba for black superheros?
It's really just the only name they know. They would say Wayne Brady if that guy wasn't dying on the game show circuit.

RedSwirl

Aight.

A little while ago I read a newspaper article talking about how the part of the country in which I currently live has a high life expectancy (or something average for the US) or something like that, and then drew a comparison to another area 100 miles down the road in West Virginia that had the same average life expectancy as Iraq. I haven't looked up the place where my extended family lives, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't much higher there. I got people in my family dying in their 50's from, frankly, preventable shit. Usually massive strokes. At some points in my childhood I probably considered it inevitable that people got strokes when they got old.

I may have talked about this in a previous OT, but what are you guys' old people like? When I went to my nephew's last birthday party I ended up having a conversation with my sister in-law's grandmother who was like 84, and honestly I was just flabbergasted to be having a conversation with an 84-year-old person -- who could actually move around under their own power. I think basically everyone I know above 70 is knee deep in some form of dementia or Alzheimer's. Pretty much every time my parents have a conversation with their siblings it starts to center on taking care of their parents or other siblings and complaining about the treatment they're getting in the home.

I think stuff like this is why my uncle ended up becoming a doctor. There's a whole PDF article I read on people like him trying to improve the problem in the south. Of course that leads into a whole other host of problems for my uncle who I think is basically the only black doctor where he lives.

Aight.

A little while ago I read a newspaper article talking about how the part of the country in which I currently live has a high life expectancy (or something average for the US) or something like that, and then drew a comparison to another area 100 miles down the road in West Virginia that had the same average life expectancy as Iraq. I haven't looked up the place where my extended family lives, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't much higher there. I got people in my family dying in their 50's from, frankly, preventable shit. Usually massive strokes. At some points in my childhood I probably considered it inevitable that people got strokes when they got old.

I may have talked about this in a previous OT, but what are you guys' old people like? When I went to my nephew's last birthday party I ended up having a conversation with my sister in-law's grandmother who was like 84, and honestly I was just flabbergasted to be having a conversation with an 84-year-old person -- who could actually move around under their own power. I think basically everyone I know above 70 is knee deep in some form of dementia or Alzheimer's. Pretty much every time my parents have a conversation with their siblings it starts to center on taking care of their parents or other siblings and complaining about the treatment they're getting in the home.

I think stuff like this is why my uncle ended up becoming a doctor. There's a whole PDF article I read on people like him trying to improve the problem in the south. Of course that leads into a whole other host of problems for my uncle who I think is basically the only black doctor where he lives.

Well, i'm in my mid 40's and my grandmother is 84 and she is clear as a bell and in fairly good health. Doesn't get around as well as she used to and some heart issues but otherwise fine. Both of my Grandfathers have passed but my maternal grandfather died from Lung Cancer in his 60's but a lifetime of eating fatback and smoking filter less Chesterfields (no shit) will do that. My paternal grandfather died from prostate cancer and complications from stroke in his early 70's so for my family its been us men that have had the worst medical troubles.

Guess the Zoe Quinn/TYFC situation has added a brand new chapter: Allegra Ringo and Vice. People are saying the article she wrote was bad journalism cause it was biased. And the fact that she didn't get statements from TFYC to have a more balanced article. Also it seems the comment section was disabled, but of course the internet screenshot it and could be easily found on Twitter, Reddit, and where ever.

This train doesn't stop folks. It keeps going and going. I expect big things come the labor day weekend.

GoldenBuddha

Neo Member
I have to ask you guys: how are you dealing with the ignorance and hate some people throw around in the wake of this summer's murders by police, etc? I work for a small company that services a huge corporation and I am surrounded by middle-aged to older, well-to-do white men that see no problem with what has happened. That's fine if that's their opinion (not really), but when outwardly hostile things are said condemning Mike Brown and Eric Garner etc, and at the same time showing support for the pigs that killed them, I have a hard time keeping my cool.

Do Better

I have to ask you guys: how are you dealing with the ignorance and hate some people throw around in the wake of this summer's murders by police, etc? I work for a small company that services a huge corporation and I am surrounded by middle-aged to older, well-to-do white men that see no problem with what has happened. That's fine if that's their opinion (not really), but when outwardly hostile things are said condemning Mike Brown and Eric Garner etc, and at the same time showing support for the pigs that killed them, I have a hard time keeping my cool.

I avoid those conversations. I'm lucky that no one I work with comes to me with that type of stuff.

Slayven

I been reading comics for a long time, and I have read shit that would turn you white. But damn if I know how Naruto just ended.

akira28

I avoid those conversations. I'm lucky that no one I work with comes to me with that type of stuff.

They used to prohibit that stuff at our job. No politics or religion, just the mission, and sports/video games talk.

those people who have to come in to work wearing that birdshit on their sleeves must not have any non facebook friends to discuss that stuff with, so they have to "express their outrage" everywhere else they have human contact.

I been reading comics for a long time, and I have read shit that would turn you white. But damn if I know how Naruto just ended.

How did it end? Some fukkery? I barely understand the stuff ya'll mention in here, and wikis barely help.

Slayven

They used to prohibit that stuff at our job. No politics or religion, just the mission, and sports/video games talk.

those people who have to come in to work wearing that birdshit on their sleeves must not have any non facebook friends to discuss that stuff with, so they have to "express their outrage" everywhere else they have human contact.

How did it end? Some fukkery? I barely understand the stuff ya'll mention in here, and wikis barely help.

Sasuke and Naruto highfived and created a moon.

kyored

GoldenBuddha

Neo Member
I have always made it a point to not discuss religion and politics in the workplace-- too volatile. But, that does not stop the e-mails, the questions and the off-hand comments made in the breakroom, conference room, etc. For example, literally 3 minutes after Obama was inaugurated, our (white) COO remarked "well that was nice. maybe now all the minorities will get off welfare and work hard for something, eh?" without a hint of humor or irony.

This is the same guy who upon learning i was also Puerto Rican, asked me "so, you're not a communist, are you? Like how do you feel about Castro?" Trouble is, the offices are FULL of people like this. Normally I'll politely check them or ignore it, but I dunno, lately with the violence and severity of what's going on right now, it's harder to swallow seeing as how I'm one of the people constantly bothered by cops and threatened.

akira28

rigid resistance to change and new perspectives and thoughts instead of wondering about the status quo and their place in it. These dudes assuming everyone is agreeing with them instead of quietly giving them the side-eye.

Slayven

rigid resistance to change and new perspectives and thoughts instead of wondering about the status quo and their place in it. These dudes assuming everyone is agreeing with them instead of quietly giving them the side-eye.

Imagine if they had to go outside and actually protest, instead of being dirty behind a keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom