• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

When they take the moon, we're taking over Mars and coming back in Gundams to reclaim Earth. I'm coming back with glow in the dark eyes on some Setsuna shit. I dematerialize through your shitty bullets earthling. Have you seen Aldnoah Zero? I'm talking about that level of fakery. Whole armies shitting they draws live on air.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
master-roshi-is-a-moon-buster-o.gif

This is the exact way Fox new would report the nuking of the moon.

I was always an Armageddon over Deep Impact kid. I don't advocate the interstellar killing of brothers, though.

Also, unrelated - I had to drive through a pretty bad neighborhood to get to Chili's to eat with a couple friends, and the thing that blows my mind the most are the struggle smartphone dealers. It's really mindblowing to me that smartphones are just as "necessary" a modern commodity as, say, TV or a car even in low-income areas.

I was always an Armageddon over Deep Impact kid. I don't advocate the interstellar killing of brothers, though.

Also, unrelated - I had to drive through a pretty bad neighborhood to get to Chili's to eat with a couple friends, and the thing that blows my mind the most are the struggle smartphone dealers. It's really mindblowing to me that smartphones are just as "necessary" a modern commodity as, say, TV or a car even in low-income areas.

Cell phone is easily more valuable or necessary than a TV and in some areas, arguably a car as well.

There are almost no payphones anymore, a homephone is generally a monthly fee, something you can avoid on the lower-end of cell phones.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just had KFC for the first time in over 10 years. It's OK.

It ain't no church's tho

Get to a clean bathroom NOW!

It's the same reason smart phones are popular in third world Countries. They are basically a cheap small computer that also makes phone calls.

KumaJG

Gawd I hate when restaurant charge $20+ dollars for minimum delivery on top of a delivery fee. Then they expect you tip as well.

Imagine being back in the game after taking a nine year break. You decide to put your cane on the mantle and say fuck it settle down for the long haul with a woman that you thought was gonna be worth a damn. Then you wake up early one morning after a night of going to sleep angry, argue over the phone while you working, sick as a canine and still trying to salvage what little you can of nine years. Then you have the epiphany, "Walk". 3 bedroom house on a couple acres. "Walk" Gated community living on a lake. "Walk" Animals and memories and almost a decade of ups and downs. "Walk"

I finally listened to my head. My heart had been saying it for a while."Walk" With 82 dollars and just my clothes, a job, and my car. I did just that. "Walk" I can admit to one thing that I still love she who will not be named, but I dont like her at all. So family read that previous sentence twice and understand what I am spittin. I have made enough mistakes in my life and I know damn well that if I had stayed it would have been worse. I was homeless now. That first night was one of the hardest days in recent memory. Not because I didnt have a spot to call my own, its because I realized I had gone soft. So what does a motherfucker do when he knows he is gone soft? Throw yourself into a situation and see if you still can get out with nothing lost.

The third night after my liberation, I decided to test myself. I had to know. I remember it like it was clear as day. I had no cell phone and no cash. My wits and my whip. I rolled up at a local spot and saw these 2 females sitting outside. I had to know. I went for the approach. After 20 minutes I had the number. After another 15 I was in a vacant area around the corner getting that bomb ass dome from the blond and playing with the brunettes breasts. Another 20 Im busting in the brunettes mouth with the blonde cleaning me off. I must be getting rusty because that was 20 minutes too long. Self esteem was slowly growing back. I still had my game and my gift of speech. I had to know.

Days turned into weeks. Word about my liberation started making the rounds amongst my circle. Some congratulating me, others distancing themselves. Its all understood. Everyone has to make their play. I even went so far as to reach out to social media. A gift and a curse. I reached out to former flames and older friends. This was the beginning of my reemergence back into the world. Little did they know that the Boss was back. And I had 9 years to make up for. Little did I know, that it wasnt the end of my association with she who will not be named. She had villainous ideas and a plan that would catch me off guard. My life will soon be forever changed. What would you do if you knew that in a couple weeks you would be facing living behind bars. Now Ill tell you what a Boss would do.

To be continued.

Trey

Every time my nigga starts off his verse with "imagine..." I just see him sliding out in a suit looking like a Delfonic.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Way too much real life

So sad really. Maybe i should move to Japan. No white trigger happy cops there and insane crazy racist white people, well not a majority of them.

on a side note, anyone watching or watch nymphomaniac on netflix?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
to the person who recommended me log horizon - thanks. that show was simply 'gud'. all around quality show. looking forward to season 2 of play god online

to the person who recommended appleseed alpha to me via pms

you know who you are

i hope dreams calls your girl on sundays while you're at church.

Slayven

to the person who recommended me log horizon - thanks. that show was simply 'gud'. all around quality show. looking forward to season 2 of play god online

you know who you are

i hope dreams calls your girl on sundays while you're at church.

Appleseed was just ok as 2d animation. I can't imagine how it is in the uncanny valley cgi Japan loves.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

you know who you are

i hope dreams calls your girl on sundays while you're at church

damn thats extreme

RedSwirl

None of y'all has fucked around with Technical Writing jobs have they?

Asking because that seems to be the most available job around here for someone with my skill set.

So sad really. Maybe i should move to Japan. No white trigger happy cops there and insane crazy racist white people, well not a majority of them.

i honestly wonder how progressive japan is on things like this tbh. no matter where you go there is this sense of disconnect and worry of being an outsider, or in reach of either harm or hate. Where else would we go in this world, idk. We have to keep faceing these issues head on. We should be able to live where we want to live without all of this racism and hate and fear for our lives

Kreed

i honestly wonder how progressive japan is on things like this tbh. no matter where you go there is this sense of disconnect and worry of being an outsider, or in reach of either harm or hate. Where else would we go in this world, idk. We have to keep faceing these issues head on. We should be able to live where we want to live without all of this racism and hate and fear for our lives

I see you guys have missed out on FreeMufasa's stories:

I AM FUCKING VEX...

I was on the train to a gym in Tokyo like usual, sitting close to the door. I look up at 3 Americans get on with a youngish Japanese woman. The three guys look about 40-50 6ft2 and look like hells angels members. I have my headphones in but turn off the music to overhear them while I text. They seem lost. This is what they say.

"Hmmmm, what should we do?"
"Ask the black guy"
"No"
"Why are black niggers even here?"

Soon as I heard it I thought no way. Must have misheard heard em.

"Fucking nigger, what's he doing on his phone?"
"Looks like he's messaging"
"When we get off the train, one of us should punch him"

Japanese girl "please no trouble, he looks strong"

One of the guys "don't worry,he's short. I'll hit the black nigger. Besides he can't hear us" (I'm 181cm). These are real quotes, not exaggerated

At this point I take my headphones out and stand up. Not gonna these racist fucks sneak me. After that point they don't say a single thing about me and just talk among themselves. We all get ready to get off at the same stop so I move behind them in case they try some shit. Got off and it was done.

In the gym changing room now and I'm just sitting here vex. The last time something lol this happened to me was 2011 in London but I got back at them. Just tryna calm down now....

RedSwirl

Sort of. That's kinda vague though.

The positions I'm looking at pretty much seem to amount to "writing manuals." They typically say you just need to be good with MS Office and have some kind of writing education. But then comes the vague "3-5 years of technical writing experience" requirement.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Appleseed was just ok as 2d animation. I can't imagine how it is in the uncanny valley cgi Japan loves.

They shit on my homegirl's character hard in this movie. That's what pissed me off more than anything.

They literally give her a "I don't know if I can deal with all of this death ;_;" scene. Deunan. Of all fucking people. I wish I had a hard copy of this so I could throw it out a window.

neojubei

I see you guys have missed out on FreeMufasa's stories:

There you go 3 Americans. When I lived in Japan I primarily spent time with Japanese and Korean guys from my dorm. I almost had a confrontation with a german guy at the dorm and 2 french guys once. Seems some white people just cannot keep their racism in check even in another country.

Japan has a weird undercurrent of xenophobia, but on the bright side, they'll smile in your face.

Generally good people though.

neojubei

Don't forget the golden niggas:

ok thats insane, least they are not shooting and killing us in the street, i guess.

Well I did remember once I went on a date with a Japanese who said he loved how black my skin was. Freaked me out when he said it was safe to come to his house. I took that as, he wants to cook me and eat me so i never saw him again.

KumaJG

Japan needs to update their database on black culture. I am getting a little annoyed at how black characters are being portrayed/drawn mangas. Majority are good that I seen. The ones that are bad is ridiculous. Do it right or don't it at all Japan.

Onemic

Man, as an OG 3DS owner Nintendo can go straight to hell with their new 3DS shit. So now on top of getting the shaft less than a year into the systems life, Nintendo's throwing another fuck you by limiting xenoblade to the new 3ds only. And who knows if that will be the only game to do it

Ive learned my lesson on buying consoles and especially handhelds on launch day. Never again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom