• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Japan needs to update their database on black culture. I am getting a little annoyed at how black characters are being portrayed/drawn mangas. Majority are good that I seen. The ones that are bad is ridiculous. Do it right or don't it at all Japan.

I don't know man. I kinda love their 1950's esque sobaditsgood racism.

I mean really - giant alien cockroaches on mars that maul your waifus? "They look nothing like black people!" *have edge-ups* *hold guns sideways* *blackleticsim* "Why must it be about race?"

I'm going to watch every episode and spend 10 minutes of every podcast that I'm in speaking about the fukkery.

I mean really - giant alien cockroaches on mars that maul your waifus? "They look nothing like black people!" *have edge-ups* *hold guns sideways* *blackleticsim* "Why must it be about race?"

I'm going to watch every episode and spend 10 minutes of every podcast that I'm in speaking about the fukkery.

You quote the wrong dude?

Japan needs to update their database on black culture. I am getting a little annoyed at how black characters are being portrayed/drawn mangas. Majority are good that I seen. The ones that are bad is ridiculous. Do it right or don't it at all Japan.

I actually had a Japanese guest outright ask me if I had a "Big Cannon" in my pants. I quote Big Cannon because that's the part he said in English.

God damn.

Log horizon is some good shit, we should be getting a new season in about a month too iirc.

Log Horizon is my jam. Much better than Sword Art Online.

Kreed

nigga i've never made a mistake in my life fuck outta here

V4sK1Pc.jpg

New 3DS is supposedly faster for internet browsing and the eShop

I'ma feel some type of way if Dual Destinies still has slowdown during the panning courtroom view

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Jfc Netflix doesn't have Invader Zim! Omfg, screw it, guess I'm going back to YouTube. Here I was all excited to finally put this crap to use, but I can't find Zim, Hey Arnold, or even some movies I want to see...

Seriously what's the point of Netflix if you can't watch most of the shit you want? Ugh.

I'm gonna pass out if Moesha or Sister, Sister isn't on here.

Mortemis

Banned
Breh, I miss when Netflix had Avatar and Hey Arnold. They need to come back someday.

I don't like when things get taken off, but what pisses me off the most is when you have a show you want to watch on netflix and that you'll watch later on, but when it gets to later on that shit is gone.

fuuuuck that.

I mean looking at just the MMO parts from the first Arc... SAO does a great job at highlighting MMO games from the perspective of a Solo player while Log Horizon does an excellent job at highlighting the minutiae of teamwork.

I still remember The Sole Black Guy from Casshern Sins who's only purpose was showing up to fuck ol' girl before he was killed(?)

that was something else

jbluQS25snNvkz.PNG

Nakazato

Day 2 of recovery..

Took off bandages have 2 pebble size cuts on my knee. Knee is swollen as fuck can barely walk.

Dy how long to I have to go through this :(.

Plus how am I going to lie to the recruiter about this (he is like going to say it didn't happen you fell off your bike and you tell the ppl at meps that)

Slayven

Day 2 of recovery..

Took off bandages have 2 pebble size cuts on my knee. Knee is swollen as fuck can barely walk.

Plus how am I going to lie to the recruiter about this (he is like going to say it didn't happen you fell off your bike and you tell the ppl at meps that)

Dy going to million dollar baby you

DY_nasty

Day 2 of recovery..

bruh

you don't need to lie about the shit now that you actually got surgery on your knee. just go through rehab, rehab, keep the paperwork, and be like "i had knee surgery, but i'm good to go"

cmon man. there's no point in lying about your knee if you already got surgery on the whole thing lol

Slayven

bruh

you don't need to lie about the shit now that you actually got surgery on your knee. just go through rehab, rehab, keep the paperwork, and be like "i had knee surgery, but i'm good to go"

cmon man. there's no point in lying about your knee if you already got surgery on the whole thing lol
Dudes always trying to ice skate uphill.

Those colored face buttons tho.

It's honestly those as much as the nub that's making me consider an N3DS.

Finally watching Cyborg 009 (the 2001-2 series). Nostalgia for the few episodes I saw as a kid but also enjoying it in its own right. I forgot about that weird blackface on 008 though.

KumaJG

Terrarformars about to be your anime of the year

I actually had a Japanese guest outright ask me if I had a "Big Cannon" in my pants. I quote Big Cannon because that's the part he said in English.

That too funny

Jfc Netflix doesn't have Invader Zim! Omfg, screw it, guess I'm going back to YouTube. Here I was all excited to finally put this crap to use, but I can't find Zim, Hey Arnold, or even some movies I want to see.
Seriously what's the point of Netflix if you can't watch most of the shit you want? Ug

I'm gonna pass out if Moesha or Sister, Sister isn't on here.

You should check BojackHorseman

KumaJG

That reminds me, the new mini boss in Bleach is literally an R&B singer that makes folks fall in love with him

575Pepe_profile_alt.png

Bleach is the biggest culprit of the manga that I read. Tousen was a beast until the author turned him into a giant mosquito.Then you had the bouncing pumpkin black dude. His design didn't make no sense. Now you have Barry White Bleach. So much fukkery.

Slayven

Bleach is the biggest culprit of the manga that I read. Tousen was a beast until the author turned him into a giant mosquito.Then you had the bouncing pumpkin black dude. His design didn't make no sense. Now you have Barry White Bleach. So much fukkery.

You notice that when you see a black dude's eyes in Bleach they instantly become a beast.

Slayven

Looks like they're going for some anime aesthetics and not looking back. Knocking dudes down into the floor? Nice.

He had a cameo in the recent Kamen Rider show and his fighting style is mauy thai-ish. Very brutal. I hope they release it in blue ray other here.

Sounds class. Speaking of SEA fighting styles I must get around to watching The Raid 2.

Yes, yes you should. Loved the movie; I still think Raid 1 was slightly better, but Raid 2 is no slouch.

Tangent: The Huntresses (Korean movie) is...further proof that musicians aren't actors/actresses.

KumaJG

You notice that when you see a black dude's eyes in Bleach they instantly become a beast.

Never noticed that. Naruto got some stereotypes. Black village have lightning powers. A rapping black with braids. At the very least the black characters in Naruto are badass.

I actually felt kind of bad looking over some of my black character designs for the game because a good two-thirds of them were in white power suits. I've made some changes to the designs since then.

AfroMW

....What on earth did I miss these past pages?

Order

Forgot what the thread was about but Dy and another poster was debating and the guy said he would let a human die to save his dog.
I remember there being a thread about choosing to save a baby or a dog, and most posters picked the dog. I know pet owners really care for animals but that's disturbing as shit.

DY_nasty

That article though lol

Dude skirted right around the cop being investigated for killing the suspect. I mean, if a bigass dog jumped on me and I had a knife - I'd stab the fucker too. Self-preservation and all. And I'd probably be mad about having a dog told to kill me too.

I guess that'll get you a few shots tho
Forgot what the thread was about but Dy and another poster was debating and the guy said he would let a human die to save his dog.

I remember that. People saying that they'd push another human into the street to save their dogs.

Vague Michael Vick references thrown around too.

Silky

Banned
Alright. Just finished up Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Definitely in the running for my favorite game of 2014. Then again I haven't really played much in '14 other than Danganronpa, Super Time Force. Hopefully Destiny and Sunset Overdrive deliver (which I know they will).

It's nice having my 360 back, too. There's a lot of shit I want to finish up, like Diablo III. It's a shame that Diablo III is so slow compared to Torchlight II. Is the Ultimate Evil thing worth checking out?

After TWD I played some H3 with the kids. Getting my Lockout/Blackout feet wet before Master Chief Collection comes on by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom