• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Just finished up Season 2 of The Walking Dead. Definitely in the running for my favorite game of 2014. Then again I haven't really played much in '14 other than Danganronpa, Super Time Force. Hopefully Destiny and Sunset Overdrive deliver (which I know they will).

It's nice having my 360 back, too. There's a lot of shit I want to finish up, like Diablo III. It's a shame that Diablo III is so slow compared to Torchlight II. Is the Ultimate Evil thing worth checking out?

After TWD I played some H3 with the kids. Getting my Lockout/Blackout feet wet before Master Chief Collection comes on by.
The ultimate evil edition is so much better. Much better loots.

andthebeatgoeson

fuck babies

annoying as shit
I would change a babies diaper at your table just to fuck with you.

I've been browsing the inter webs less. Missouri showed me how deep the rabbit hole goes with this country's racism. Got to keep my sanity. It's been all sports, all the time. I even deleted some bookmarks ; I know the websites but it helps me to not even look at CNN. And even if CNN is a shit show, Huffington Post does nothing for my bitterness. Does that make me a wimp because I don't want to confront it or just tired?

I hesitate to even come in this thread. Just tired of the links, the defense of pure shit, etc. And I went from checking face book 6 times a day to twice in 2 weeks.

It doesn't help the actual situation to ignore it. I kind of wish I could be like Morgan Freeman and 'just stop talking about it'. I guess you can get so high up that racism doesn't effect you. Must be nice. But I'm 36 with two black boys and a girl. Don't really feel like we made it. I'll be giving them the talk. Hopefully they won't have to give their kids the talk.

Crocodile

Man, as an OG 3DS owner Nintendo can go straight to hell with their new 3DS shit. So now on top of getting the shaft less than a year into the systems life, Nintendo's throwing another fuck you by limiting xenoblade to the new 3ds only. And who knows if that will be the only game to do it

Ive learned my lesson on buying consoles and especially handhelds on launch day. Never again

Well buying anything on launch is usually a losing proposition but did you feel similarly slighted by the DSi or Game Boy Color? They also aren't holding Xenoblade hostage, the game just couldn't run on the OG 3DS. What did you want them to do? I guess there's also the fact that you got to enjoy your 3DS for like 3 years before this new version. I assume you got at least a couple hundred hours of good gaming done over those years no?

Bleach is the biggest culprit of the manga that I read. Tousen was a beast until the author turned him into a giant mosquito.Then you had the bouncing pumpkin black dude. His design didn't make no sense. Now you have Barry White Bleach. So much fukkery.

I guess I haven't been following the manga/series as closely as you but I felt Bleach was way better than most manga with regards to representation of "non-white" or "non-we say this person is Japanese but from a Western perspective they look Caucasian" people. Yourichi already is +10000 respect points. I mean sure Tousen ended up being kind of lame but that was a function of Kubo's shit writing, not a strike against the Black race. His design was pretty awesome up until that last bit (but then again most of the Arrancar designs in the end were kind of shit). Don Kanoji is a doofus but I never felt that character was a product of racism unless I missed something? I dunno, pretty all my problems with Bleach, and there are a ton of them, stem from shit writing - I don't really recall anytime where racial representation really bothered me.

Slayven

Yeah, putting human life on the same level as an animal's doesn't sit well with me, and I doubt it ever will.

NXLb1gI.gif

KumaJG

Football this week is excited!!!!!!! The League is coming this back this week! And I about shit on my friends in this fantasy football league. Bout to take their lunch money like a boss.

I guess I haven't been following the manga/series as closely as you but I felt Bleach was way better than most manga with regards to representation of "non-white" or "non-we say this person is Japanese but from a Western perspective they look Caucasian" people. Yourichi already is +10000 respect points. I mean sure Tousen ended up being kind of lame but that was a function of Kubo's shit writing, not a strike against the Black race. His design was pretty awesome up until that last bit (but then again most of the Arrancar designs in the end were kind of shit). Don Kanoji is a doofus but I never felt that character was a product of racism unless I missed something? I dunno, pretty all my problems with Bleach, and there are a ton of them, stem from shit writing - I don't really recall anytime where racial representation really bothered me.

Not necessarily racism but something is there. All the black characters in Bleach are either poorly or get depicted in a way it just make no sense. The author, Kubo Tite, do black characters dirty. It is what it is.

Big lips and big nose? Really?
IT3M4oa.jpg

There are a lot good black characters design in anime/manga. Kirikou Rung from Soul Eater for example.

Kilik_Spartoi.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
yoruichi is aite

i guess

women typically get done better than the men, which is kinda weird considering the way things are here

So we wearing Morpheous shades now? Thats what hot in these streets?

Speaking of trends on the streets, If i see another damn bucket hat >_>. How did that recent trend start?

Regarding black or darker skinned anime characters, pretty much most if not all from michiko to hatchin.
Have we collectively as a people claimed Uub from dbz as black(even tho hes more brown)? Kinda like knuckles from sonic? kinda joking but at the same time.. lol

BHZ Mayor

Speaking of trends on the streets, If i see another damn bucket hat >_>. How did that recent trend start?

Regarding black or darker skinned anime characters, pretty much most if not all from michiko to hatchin.
Have we collectively as a people claimed Uub from dbz as black(even tho hes more brown)? Kinda like knuckles from sonic? kinda joking but at the same time.. lol

JayaWYj.jpg

And we claim Piccolo.

Silky

Banned
Bleach is pretty impressive in regards to being inclusive. Hell it even has disabled/handicapped people kicking ass. (Kuukaku.)

And furries!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Football this week is excited!!!!!!! The League is coming this back this week! And I about shit on my friends in this fantasy football league. Bout to take their lunch money like a boss.

Not necessarily racism but something is there. All the black characters in Bleach are either poorly or get depicted in a way it just make no sense. The author, Kubo Tite, do black characters dirty. It is what it is.

Big lips and big nose? Really?
IT3M4oa.jpg

There are a lot good black characters design in anime/manga. Kirikou Rung from Soul Eater for example.

Kilik_Spartoi.png

Some good Black characters in Naruto

Nakazato

Just got home from Aunts Wake she was loved house full of people sometime you don't know how much your loved till its to late.

Tell someone on in your FAM you love them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom