• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

How old were most of us when Sonic was "relevant?" 5, 8, 11 years old?

I have 5-10 year old nephews and they love Sonic now as much as we did when we were kids. They're busy having too much fun to care about any of us going on and on about how Sonic 2 is the best and the series supposedly peaked/died/lost relevance/whatever with the Genesis in 1995.

I get it; the weird adult fanbase is disturbing sometimes. But let's get off the high horse just cuz most of us no longer feel catered to. Sonic Racing, Rush, Generations, Colors, Boom, etc. It's still relevant to a sizable young audience.

Fanbases on the internet are inherently weird.

J10

Banned
Sure enough, I walk into class and there's one dude in it sitting in the back row. He's black. I joined him there.

B0a7u7O.jpg

feel free to clean it up with the edges if you are so inclined

XenodudeX

I'm pretty sure that this is just a stop gap until the true successor is released.I still have the OG 3DS,so I'll probably end up upgrading if the price isn't crazy.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda want it.

Never owned any 3ds. And i always wanted to give xenoblade a try but 1. Not paying ridiculous second hand market prices for it and 2. Not sure I could play a super long single player mmo locked in my room at this point in my life.(and 3 fuck the Wii)

This kinda solves both problems. Releases the game and makes it portable, which is the only way I can really digest rpgs nowadays.

On top I of the existing and future 3ds titles im interested in, if the price is right I'm in

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I want to slap the hell out of whoever it is at nintedo that keeps half assing the implementation of a seconded analog stick.

While I think the nub is half assed, I don't understand the complaints about the location. Anyone's who's played Mario Kart knows that upper area is the most comfortable area to reach with your right thumb

SmokyDave

What do bCT think about the new 3ds? I think they should have just went full new system.
I think it's a fucking joke. 2014 and they still can't even come close to the Vita hardware.

Oh well, it'll sell in numbers that the Vita could only dream of so they must be doing it right.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think it's a fucking joke. 2014 and they still can't even come close to the Vita hardware.

Oh well, it'll sell in numbers that the Vita could only dream of so they must be doing it right.

It's not that they can't come close to the Vita hardware. They just don't want to. Or, more accurately, they don't care.

Kreed

It's not that they can't come close to the Vita hardware. They just don't want to. Or, more accurately, they don't care.

Exactly, Sony flopping twice with portable hardware and selling at a loss did nothing to convince them this was the right route to go either.

Eventually phones/Apple are going to force their hand though.

SmokyDave

Aye, and that's the right attitude as the numbers show.

Fucking sucks for me as a tech-focused handheld gamer, but that's what you get when you're part of a tiny niche. I guess I can take solace in the fact that my 'no dedicated handheld game will look better than Killzone Mercs in the next 5 years' prediction is looking safe.

Exactly, Sony flopping twice with portable hardware and selling at a loss did nothing to convince them this was the right route to go either.

Eventually phones/Apple are going to force their hand though.
Nope, they're just going to steamroller over them and leave 'em making £50 electronic toys for kids.

Edit: Also, Sony only flopped once. The PSP was a success.

RedSwirl

How old were most of us when Sonic was "relevant?" 5, 8, 11 years old?

I have 5-10 year old nephews and they love Sonic now as much as we did when we were kids. They're busy having too much fun to care about any of us going on and on about how Sonic 2 is the best and the series supposedly peaked/died/lost relevance/whatever with the Genesis in 1995.

I get it; the weird adult fanbase is disturbing sometimes. But let's get off the high horse just cuz most of us no longer feel catered to. Sonic Racing, Rush, Generations, Colors, Boom, etc. It's still relevant to a sizable young audience.

Yeah I guess.

If I ever encounter those kids though I'm still going to do my best to expose them to Sonic 2, even if it is by bringing them to the game's page on the App Store.

Jado

Banned
Re Classic Sonic: I recently fired up RetroArch so they could play Sonic 3 and Knuckles with emulated scanlines and all. Fun, but more difficult than some of the new games. Games today are definitely easier overall.

What do bCT think about the new 3ds? I think they should have just went full new system.

I think it's worth it for the extra stick and buttons, better processing power, etc. Don't agree with fragmented game library. It's not that hard to do a "normal" version of a game for 3DS that switches to "high" settings when it detects New 3DS. They were doing this back in the N64 days without a problem.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Fishing village might be one of the scariest things I've played last gen. Holy shit. R.I.P. rookie whom I sent to certain death, via mauling.

Next comes the base assault. wow. So many cyberdiscs.

Fuck the squid creatures, by the way.

From the chanting, I thought they were going to start getting lite. I was so wrong. Smh.

Put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much thought and emotion in a gaming thread that involved the events of the past 2 weeks. I had one of those moments where shit was going down hill fast all around and you just want to just say, "Everyone, shut the fuck up". Why today I cared too much? I should have just said fuck it and listen to a podcast. Hope I wasn't too controversial to take a much needed neogaf vacation

I saw your post about Esperanza Spalding in that thread about most-listened to artists. What's your favorite song?

For some reason I love listening to Cinnamon Tree, not even her best song...but I play it every morning and several times throughout a day.

Are you playing Diablo 3 again? 2.1!!!!

Put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much thought and emotion in a gaming thread that involved the events of the past 2 weeks. I had one of those moments where shit was going down hill fast all around and you just want to just say, "Everyone, shut the fuck up". Why today I cared too much? I should have just said fuck it and listen to a podcast. Hope I wasn't too controversial to take a much needed neogaf vacation

Link to your post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom