• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Mel B was always best Spice tho!

kQMJkS2.jpg

One can never be hurt enough.

She look like that Glee chick.

BHZ Mayor

Anecdotal, but I've noticed online that several non-human green characters are loosely considered to be black. Off the top of my head, I've seen mentions of Piccolo, Ninja Turtles and the Koopalings.

Wendy is that one loud ratchet chick that always think somebody wanna fight her.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Anecdotal, but I've noticed online that several non-human green characters are loosely considered to be black. Off the top of my head, I've seen mentions of Piccolo, Ninja Turtles and the Koopalings.

The turtles and koopalings? Thats new to me.

Kreed

yoruichi is aite

i guess

women typically get done better than the men, which is kinda weird considering the way things are here

It makes sense when you think about it. Most male manga authors are getting most of their stereotypical knowledge of black people from media like hip hop videos. But I would assume most of this media is from/about black males. So there isn't much media about black women to influence their perception of them, negatively or positively. Or I could be wrong and Madea movies are smash hits over there.

I'm "Rev'd" right now. It's where you get right to the verge of being pissy drunk but still got your faculties. I think BCT had another word for when you looking into that void.....

The name escapes me right now......

*sniff*

Does anyone have a similar article/list about impotent/asexual blacks and other minorities in movies where the white lead is the only one getting plenty of action? Or if he's the co-lead with a white woman, never once do they so much as imply any romance or sexual tension with her (as is extremely common with white man + woman of any background).

In the past, I've raised the point above that there's an overwhelming number of white/white couples in movies and TV, and so-called diversity only extends to white man/woman of color... and GAF threw a fucking fit. I see it all the time, but I have nothing compiled at the moment to show.

wasn't Original Cynthia not getting anything in Dark Angel not getting any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom