• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Of course that nude leak thread gets closed while I'm typing up an long, honest response to it.

Don't even know where to put this piece now. Might just sit on it until the topic swings back around.

Of course that nude leak thread gets closed while I'm typing up an long, honest response to it.

Don't even know where to put this piece now. Might just sit on it until the topic swings back around.

there were a few threads based on the fappening. hell you can post it here.
we can still discuss it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
yes, YYH is dope.
we can still discuss it.

ain't much to discuss lol

i don't know why people are looking to put out a thesis over it. you looked at the pics - no need to question the ethics of your curiosity and boner.

we can still discuss it.

Provided it's from Japan
iMsBU7T3qpO1u.png

Trey

yes, YYH is dope.

ain't much to discuss lol

i don't know why people are looking to put out a thesis over it. you looked at the pics - no need to question the ethics of your curiosity and boner.

It was more of a meta commentary of the thread up to that point and dipping toes into the extent of consent and harm done and blah blah blah.

It's an interesting cultural topic for sure.

DY_nasty

It was more of a meta commentary of the thread up to that point and dipping toes into the extent of consent and harm done and blah blah blah.

It's an interesting cultural topic for sure.

no it isn't. (my opinion)

harSon

Banned
no it isn't. (my opinion)

Eh, it's pretty interesting IMO. We've basically seen the confirmation of the eradication of privacy over the last year; between the Snowden leaks, Donald Sterling fuckery and now this. I mean its been a reality for a while now, but it's pretty damned apparent at this point.

DY_nasty

Eh, it's pretty interesting IMO. We've basically seen the confirmation of the eradication of privacy over the last year; between the Snowden leaks, Donald Sterling fuckery and now this. I mean its been a reality for a while now, but it's pretty damned apparent at this point.

privacy was never there to begin with. the times just mean that its that much easier to air people out - and the nature of information today means that there is a good deal more as well

ReiGun

I didn't even bother to look up whatever nudes leaked on account of celeb nudes pretty much always being disappointing.

If it ain't a sex tape, I'm not wasting the google search.

Static Shock actually holds up during its entire run and definitely gets better when it gets integrated with the DCU and gets that Animation Bump

SUPER HERO STATIC SHOCK WHOOP WHOOP lol.

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Where you're from- London, UK
Where you live- London, UK
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Caribbean/English (Not a 50/50 split)
Do you know your roots- Kinda
Your Age- 28
Favorite musical genre- Don't really have one
Your profession/major/career interest- Receptionist (Apathy + English Literature degree will only get you so far)
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Fencing, gaming, huge comic fan

I've had a vague memory of that Roxy Rocket episode in my head for years. I think it hit me pretty hard as a kid, can't remember the plotline too well but looked it up. When Batman arrests her, it was feelings city.

Kreed

Not really seeing the connection with Snowden and Donald Sterling.

1) Snowden: Proves the US government has been spying on us.

2) Donald Sterling: Girlfriend gives recordings Donald Sterling had her make of himself to court, recordings leak.

3) Celebrity "Leak": Hacker steals personal images from Apple iCloud accounts, releases them on the internet.

Snowden and Donald Sterling most definitely have to do with privacy. These celebrity leaks are theft from Apple. It's not like Apple released all the photos or we found out that Apple was secretly saving these photos.

SmokyDave

You cats always talking about comics and none of you ever give props to the original one true black Spider-Man: Bari Musawwir.

I'm going to run a 'Monster Jam Awareness Course' that you'll all need to attend.

I see Dy on taht Rogue Legacy. It is the first indie platformer that has something to say.
I'm playing RL at the moment and I fucking love it. It's a shame I'm shit at it.

Slayven

The way the traits can allow for disabled heroes? That's one cool thing about it.
Such a novel concept. Wonder why it hasn't been done before?

You cats always talking about comics and none of you ever give props to the original one true black Spider-Man: Bari Musawwir.

I'm going to run a 'Monster Jam Awareness Course' that you'll all need to attend.

I'm playing RL at the moment and I fucking love it. It's a shame I'm shit at it.

Thats half the fun, learning timing and movements. Shit is like crack.

That's the good thing about RL, it's alright to be shit at first, you'll get better at it, more powerful then you get your ass handed to you, rinse repeat. I cracked out on it.

KumaJG

Hi Guys,

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Caribbean/English (Not a 50/50 split)
Your Age- 28
Your profession/major/career interest- Receptionist (Apathy + English

You like Little Sims?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about the yuyu dub is the catchy ass dubbed opening and ending themes.

Better than the JP versions

Such a novel concept. Wonder why it hasn't been done before?
tumblr_m2qmr8tWnC1r8vswvo2_500.jpg

That's the good thing about RL, it's alright to be shit at first, you'll get better at it, more powerful then you get your ass handed to you, rinse repeat. I cracked out on it.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the sole terrible person in the world there for a bit. It's really, really difficult and unforgiving. Especially the gold economy. :(

Also, RL is bloody great, I should really get it for my Vita though.

Crossbuy/crosssave on PS4/Vita has been great. Easily worth it.

Hi Guys,

Your Age- 28
Your profession/major/career interest- Receptionist (Apathy + English Literature degree will only get you so far)

I respect you immediately. Welcome!

Slayven

Hi Guys,

Your Age- 28

Welcome, what are your thoughts on Aquaman?

Not a fan of Aquaman, liked him in the Justice League cartoon but never thought he was anything special in the comics. Tbh, since the new 52 I've dropped most DC comics (though I still keep abreast of the general state of the universe).

@Vermillion good man/woman! I take it you're into fencing as well?

SmokyDave

I'm definitely sticking with it, and I'm having a good time. I just found myself in a bit of a rut early on where two out of every three runs I'd get so little gold that I couldn't upgrade anything. Getting better now though, I'm branching outside of the castle and chasing down that gold.

"I wouldn't know about racism because I live in the UK"

https://storify.com/gabundy/met-police-being-met-police
Don't confuse 'racism ain't like that in the UK' with 'there is no racism in the UK'. I know plenty of people sadly believe the latter though.

YOOOOORAMESHY

lmao. YYH dub has a few inconsistencies but I guess you can say that about 99.9% of dubs. It's still a real great dub with excellent VAs. The GOAT dub is and always will be Cowboy Bebop, though. Then again, Bebop is a GOAT in general... :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom