• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohn

Our police won't fuck with Pakistani muslims, but black people are afforded no such concession. Same ol' stop-and-search disparities, same ol' disproportionate conviction rates.
What the hell are you talking about? They fuck with Muslims even harder than black people. You really think the british police are somehow intimated by a bunch of Pakistani Muslims? The whole Rotherham case was about the police not giving a fuck about those girls who come from the underclass than them being scared of Muslims.

SmokyDave

What the hell are you talking about? They fuck with Muslims even harder than black people. You really think the british police are somehow intimated by a bunch of Pakistani Muslims? The whole Rotherham case was about the police not giving a fuck about those girls who come from the underclass than them being scared of Muslims.
No, it clearly wasn't, and as much has been openly stated in the reports on the case.

You're right that the victims were treated like shit because of their class, but you're flat out wrong if you think that's all there was to it. I can't really understand why we're having this conversation when I know that you know what was happening because you've been following the news.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hey, perhaps take it down a notch? Personal anecdotes are always going to be subject to bias. Before and especially after 9/11 a lot of Muslims living in the US were treated like shit, but even so I wouldn't want to play the "who had it worse" game. From what I understand in the UK, there is reluctance in least in politics if not also law enforcement, to interfere with things like Sharia law. My point is there are multiple levels to this, at least from my limited perspective.

SmokyDave

Hey, perhaps take it down a notch? Personal anecdotes are always going to be subject to bias. Before and especially after 9/11 a lot of Muslims living in the US were treated like shit, but even so I wouldn't want to play the "who had it worse" game. From what I understand in the UK, there is reluctance in least in politics if not also law enforcement, to interfere with things like Sharia law. My point is there are multiple levels to this, at least from my limited perspective.
For further context, this thread is the case we've been talking about.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Awesome recommendation list by the way. Went through all these (knew kozilek and perturbator already) and still found a lot of gems. Thanks for posting it.

NBA thread is a sad sight.

merchant.png

2 weeks to finish a page, no posts at all for 8/29 or 8/30, 18 posts in September, no posts for today.

patrice.png

To be fair NBA is in the offseason

In the 7 years I've posted here, it was never close to this dead. It'd still be about a page a day about Offseason moves and players acting a fool. Fiba is also happening right now.

People been saying he looked like Black Adam for years

Morris still lookin after the remains of NBA GAF, leg it go breh

Spent years talking shit there, memories bruh. It's like cruising past your old school on a weekend and all the hallways and corridors are dead.

So fam, they got me on night shift for the today and tomorrow. Normally I would be cranking out some shit but i actually need something to listen to. We did this a while back and a couple OT's ago but its a new OT and a lotsa new members of the family. So heres my question:

I need shit to listen to. Links if you can. Mello, electronic, dub I dont give a damn just post some music.

Zero Cult - Dreams in Stereo
The Aggrovators - Dub Is Shining
Kahn - Like We Used To
Nicky Thomas - Is it because I'm black
oOoOO - Mouchette
Beacon - "Drive"
Dub Trees - Magnetica
Josh Wink - Dolphin Smack (Martin Buttrich Remix part 6)
ELODIE RAMA - Négresse Blanche (Arthur H cover)
The Gaslamp Killer - Impulse
Mount Kimbie - So Many Times, So Many Ways
Sepalcure - The One

I'm still not 100% sure what the benefits of having those figures are, they say you get in-game bonuses?

The thing that made me laugh was, "it tracks your stats and saves your gameplay data"....you mean like a save file? why bring a shitty little figure into this? If I was in grade school I could see this that as being cool, trading and whatnot, but why are so many adults(?) on this forum flipping their shit over them?

Slayven

I'm still not 100% sure what the benefits of having those figures are, they say you get in-game bonuses?

The thing that made me laugh was, "it tracks your stats and saves your gameplay data"....you mean like a save file? why bring a shitty little figure into this? If I was in grade school I could see this that as being cool, trading and whatnot, but why are so many adults(?) on this forum flipping their shit over them?

Cause it is nintendo. Nobody complained about those new MK tracks being cut content

Cause it is nintendo. Nobody complained about those new MK tracks being cut content

Something tells me it has something to do with the fact that those with autism/aspergers can obsess on hobbies and generally love collecting things for the sake of collecting

4M5SUNZ.png

...but I'll let this go now.

Gorillaz

He was in the move for the last 2 mins. Nothing really big but it was weird as hell

Only reason I know it was because I had to watch all the madeas last holiday with family. Do you know what type of damage that can do to the mind?

He was in the move for the last 2 mins. Nothing really big but it was weird as hell

Only reason I know it was because I had to watch all the madeas last holiday with family. Do you know what type of damage that can do to the mind?

A lesser man would have went mad, Gorillaz welcome to the Green Lantern Corp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom