• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a cross colors and 90s New Jack Swing type of night. Except I don't have to clothes or gumby fade required. Thank goodness for Spotify.

Jason Takes Manhattan is so terrible. I don't remember anything about this movie and it is so weird and stupid. Random music video on a ship. Jason killing someone on a dance floor with a disco ball. Multiple people apparently hallucinating both young and current Jason. The movie being called Jason Takes Manhattan yet 95% of the movie taking place on a boat. Jason coming back to life apparently from lightning under water or something? It's the shittiest one in the whole series. A series built on pretty cheap and shitty movies. 3 or 6 are the best. I'm leaning towards 6 as it had the best production values, some of the best kills, and was super, almost overly self aware. 3 also had dope kills and the DOPEST title music. Shit was the best horror disco/new wave/funk this side of Thriller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqQD6C4lfg

The only good thing about JTM is the Johnny Cage uppercut.

uppercut.gif

Budget cuts. Original script had most of the film in Manhattan.

The uppercut into the trash was basically how felt about the movie.

Watching Beaglerush play X-Com Enemy Within - Long War mod, while I work. This shit is what nightmares are actually made of. Heavy Floaters, looks like 2-3 muton Elites, and 2 fucking Ethereals on a terror mission, right off the bat. Mechanized sectopods circling in the back.

"if I die, bury me in clean drawers"

I might double dip this winter.

Bruh I've bought the game 3 times.

Happy everytime. Now if only long war was on consoles.

I refuse due to scarring from X-Com. As great as I know the new one to be, the moment I finished the first mission, uninstalled.

I'll watch from afar as other people feel my pain.

X-Com was my GOTY. That was the first game I replaces after the emancipation. That and marvel. Enemy Within is just downright fun.

So got a fucked up story I'm gonna write for you cats tomorrow when I get further details. Let's just say it involves a white kid spitting on a black kid. And the aftermath of them trying to sweep it under the rug.

Stay motherfuckin tuned.

strobogo

Banned
I miss aresenio :(

Arsenio JUST had a revival of his show. I admit I didn't watch a single episode. But I haven't watched any late night TV show sine the writers strike a few years ago. Shit I don't even watch TV at all any more. Always loved Conan and haven't watched even one ep since he's been on TBS.

RP912

Banned
Arsenio JUST had a revival of his show. I admit I didn't watch a single episode. But I haven't watched any late night TV show sine the writers strike a few years ago. Shit I don't even watch TV at all any more. Always loved Conan and haven't watched even one ep since he's been on TBS.

shit I feel bad not even checking out a single episode of that reboot :(.

It's a shame because he was always different from the typical talk show host. He had wrestlers, rappers, and even fucking monsters on his show.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Booted up Binding of Isaac: Rebirth at 10:30, turn around and look at the clock and it's 1:11AM WTF

strobogo

Banned
Shit I'm really drunk and trying to watch Jason Goes to Hell. I have NO IDEA wtf is going on. It took me almost an hour to realize the coroner who randomly eats Jason's heart isn't Creighton Duke. Cism. I'm calling cism on myself. There is a dude who is like 35 who is wearing a letterman's jacket who got some woman pregnant or something. A Hard Copy reporter type is now infested with Jason, who transfers from body to body via weird alien/snake thing out of his mouth. I legit have no idea what is going on and I've seen this movie probably 10 times. All I know for sure is that Jason got BODIED by the FBI at the start of the movie and then the black corner decided he wanted to eat Jason's heart. And the white corner didn't notice the blood all over the black coroner's face. Now the Hard Copy Jason got shot in the head but he isn't dead. WHAT A SWERVE. OMG Creighton Duke is free! Why does this diner broad have a gun? And her apparent boyfriend is like 100 pounds lighter and 5 inches shorter than her.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!! I'm having a really hard time following this. Super short dude saying holy shit in slow motion. Then he gets his head put in a deep frier and the woman legit gets her mouth elbowed inside of her face. Some waitresses' brain got squeezed out of her head. Also FUCK people who do those drunk posts with tons of misspellings. Motherfuckers. Spell check is built in to pretty much every browser for like a decade. Duke now has the white baby in the Voorhees house. I'm so lost. Duke's teeth are so white. This post took me 40 minutes. I was thinking the other day that The Rock probably has the best smelling breath Dude's teeth are SO white. Duke's super white teeth reminded me of that.. But that isn't really related to this move. WTF now this blade has a random fire ball attached to it.

Wait. This thing can be transferred to a Voorhees woman or something. Suddenly Jason comes back as his waterlogged self. SON OF A BITCH YOU REMEMBER ME? The Necronomicon! This honky is still wearing his letterman's jacket. Jason just no sold getting kicked in the balls. There is a pretty dope jungle gym right outside of the Voorhees house. And Jason knocked it over. Fucking prick. CHOKESLAM! OH SHIT! IT'S FREDDY KRUEGER! OMG! Biggest SWERVE of all time! I remember being SO hyped at the ending to this. I was always a Freddy fan first and foremost. I think that ending is why I always thought JGTH was dope. Maybe it would be more dope if I was in a state where I didn't have to type with one eye closed and closely look at the red squiggly lines in this post. I liked Freddy vs Jason when it came out. I saw it opening week. I remember the goose bumps from the red New Line logo with Nightmare music and Jason sound effects. Mother fucking devil Freddy at the end was dope as shit. The main girl was super hot and now she's completely fucked up her face with plastic surgery. Depressing as shit.

The New Line logo is probably my favorite studio logo. ANOES series. House Party series. Suburban Commando. TMNT series. The Mask. Friday. Mortal Kombat. Seven. Austin Powers series. Boogie Nights. Wag The Dog. A ton of other shit. NLC and Dimension were my favorites as a kid. Always knew I was going to get something cool when those logos popped up. Or something hilariously terrible in the case of Dimension.

The Nightmare remake was balls. The F13 remake was pretty good by the standards of a F13 movie though.

Hard Copy was the shit back in the day. I remember staying up late on Sunday nights to watch it as a kid for some reason. 11:30, after the news. Why the fuck I gave a shit about Hard Copy as a 6-10 year old is beyond me.

I'm suddenly reminded of Attic Expeditions with Seth Green and the brother of the main character from ANOES 4. I don't think it was Dimension or New Line but for some reason that movie has stuck with me as one of those random horror movie rentals you get and then have zero clue what in the flying fuck you just watched.

Tonight I got to watch black dudes from LA make fun of black dudes from the south for not knowing how to salsa. It was amazing. They were legit pissed off because the Latina chicks were making of them too.

black buy writes about his his trip to ghana, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ernes...-af_b_6065146.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000047

scust at the comments :(

I think it's crazy how shortsighted some people are when they say slavery ended so long ago. 150 years is a minute amount of time in the history of the world but Black people should feel no effects from a system that broke up families, destroyed wealth and societies, and dehumanized a whole race of people.

stats Bros is it 'q hat' 'q high' or something else? Sounds like she's saying 'q huh'.

Sounds like she's rhyming like Juvenile up there and I'm trying not to laugh when she says 'you got Q huh. Find P huh.'

Taking stats as well. I made a comment back as a freshman in college that all TAs needs to have good english speaking skills because it's to understand sometimes. I got shat on for saying it, but I know secretly people agreed with me. My first run-in with political correctness.

Also my stats course isn't as bad as I thought it would be

On another note

Big K.R.I.T. - "Cadillactica" (Official Music Video)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Taking stats as well. I made a comment back as a freshman in college that all TAs needs to have good english speaking skills because it's to understand sometimes. I got shat on for saying it, but I know secretly people agreed with me. My first run-in with political correctness.

That's a dangerous way to be thinking bruh

I think it's crazy how shortsighted some people are when they say slavery ended so long ago. 150 years is a minute amount of time in the history of the world but Black people should feel no effects from a system that broke up families, destroyed wealth and societies, and dehumanized a whole race of people.

I've always hated that whole "slavery ended 150 years ago, get over it" bullshit. People like to pretend that once slavery was over all of a sudden blacks were equal. If that were the case we would of not had the civil rights movement. In all honesty we weren't treated like actual people until the 1970's. So its only been about 40 something years where we were on an "equal" playing field.

jmood88

People post that shit

under their real names

Maybe anonymity isn't really the problem after all

Anonymity has never been the problem, it's distance. They know that they'll never see any of the people they talk shit to in real life so they're fine with saying whatever the fuck they feel like.

Rewatching that final fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin am I the only one who thinks it was pretty fucked up for Obi-Wan to watch Anakin die a slow death when he could have just put him out of his misery?

Rewatching that final fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin am I the only one who thinks it was pretty fucked up for Obi-Wan to watch Anakin die a slow death when he could have just put him out of his misery?

Well that would have made sense, but because the prequels were so beholden to the original trilogy, he had to defeat him(in a HILARIOUS way), then have him burned up a bit, and THEN just leave and assume he died so he become Darth Vader.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Xia my nuke professor is making realize how everything in movies is fake.

So much in modern films aren't practically shot or were added in post that I always laugh when people complain about "the obvious fake CGI" not realizing so much of the scenes they think are real are also enhanced/modified/completely-digital.

Nuke is awesome btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom