• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always loved how Diggle was suppose to have like all kinds of military combat training but can't even beat Ollie who had what? A couple years of island training...the fuck.

he's supposed to have learnt from slade wilson who is >>>> any military trained ppl.

plus there's a few more years of flashbacks to show who else he learnt his skills from.

he's supposed to have learnt from slade wilson who is >>>> any military trained ppl.

plus there's a few more years of flashbacks to show who else he learnt his skills from.

He didn't even learn that much from Slade. Dude basically stayed a bitch his entire time on the island. Shit even when he got off the island and was on China he couldn't fight for shit, got his ass handed to him by his handler.

He didn't even learn that much from Slade. Dude basically stayed a bitch his entire time on the island. Shit even when he got off the island and was on China he couldn't fight for shit, got his ass handed to him by his handler.

this is true, he learned how to use a bow though.

i'm guessing he'll learn the martial arts shit in this season and later on.

Slayven

I always loved how Diggle was suppose to have like all kinds of military combat training but can't even beat Ollie who had what? A couple years of island training...the fuck.

I just can't see Slade as a competent trainer. His kids sucked ass in comics 2 Ravagers and Jericho?

Trey

I understand what my stats professor says about half the time.

I've had a physics teacher from Turkey and another from China. It's not so bad once you get used to their accents.

But then again in mathematics or science classes, I usually don't get much from the lecture. I go to contemporaries for study groups, and put my nose to the grindstone in order to understand the material. Most of my interaction with the professor is during office hours.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Watching Beaglerush play X-Com Enemy Within - Long War mod, while I work. This shit is what nightmares are actually made of. Heavy Floaters, looks like 2-3 muton Elites, and 2 fucking Ethereals on a terror mission, right off the bat. Mechanized sectopods circling in the back.

"if I die, bury me in clean drawers"

I might double dip this winter.

Better than my Prin. of Macro Econ prof. I had about a 15% success rate with ol Mr. Choi

and somehow his handwriting was even worse

(its impossible to complete that class with less than a B everybody told me and they were right, only reason I didn't drop out immediately)

Furyous

Is it me or is dude on the Flash the best black dad on network TV? Don't ask me how many black dads are on network TV cause I'm gonna tank that shit and I'll be damned if one of y'all sends that to some certain hot fiya
starter
dudes with a podcast. He's a cop that took care of his daughter and adopted the son of a thug hooligan criminal felon. How does this son repay him? By fighting crime because he has super speed!

---

I vascilate between iPhone 6 and Moto X, OPO, or Nexus 5. Technically, the i5 still working, processors processing, and all that but I want some smartphone hotness. It's something special about peeling off that plastic and opening a new smartphone. Case smell all new and full of life.
---

This crew BETA is great. It's not nearly as impressive as Driveclub but whatever it works but waiting for parts to install is some PS3 2007 shit.

J10

Banned
Better than my Prin. of Macro Econ prof. I had about a 15% success rate with ol Mr. Choi

(its impossible to complete that class with less than a B everybody told me and they were right, only reason I didn't drop out immediately)

My economics professor pronounces "Wi-fi" as "wifey." And the word "failure" - I can't even explain the sound that comes out his mouth when he says that one.

Between the tedium of the subject, his accent, that the class is three hours long, that it starts at 9am on Friday - let's just say it's a challenge.

I've had a physics teacher from Turkey and another from China. It's not so bad once you get used to their accents.

But then again in mathematics or science classes, I usually don't get much from the lecture. I go to contemporaries for study groups, and put my nose to the grindstone in order to understand the material. Most of my interaction with the professor is during office hours.

this is week 11 dawg, all these word problems have me lost.

She'll be like so what's the probability? and I'm like...of what? It sounded like she's rattling off nouns and numbers with no relation to anything like Destiny's narrative.

Only saving grace is she's dropping our lowest test and might allow a cheat sheet next test.

stats Bros is it 'q hat' 'q high' or something else? Sounds like she's saying 'q huh'.

Sounds like she's rhyming like Juvenile up there and I'm trying not to laugh when she says 'you got Q huh. Find P huh.'

Trey

this is week 11 dawg, all these word problems have me lost.

She'll be like so what's the probability? and I'm like...of what? It sounded like she's rattling off nouns and numbers with no relation to anything like Destiny's narrative

You talking to anyone in the class? That's your best bet: to corral what y'all know and build a consensus.

You talking to anyone in the class? That's your best bet: to corral what y'all know and build a consensus.

The first day of that Macro econ class was some shit. Nothing but
lV2kE.png
silently being exchanged with each other. "Yeah...aint nobody understand a word this mothafucka just said what chapter do we read again"

Malyse

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: ‘I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action’; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a ‘more convenient season.’ Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

Selma looks pretty dope, yo.
Also, Big Hero 6 is legit. Be sure to sit through the credits; it's one of Marvel's better ones.

Trey

God speed, moris.

The first day of that Macro econ class was some shit. Nothing but
lV2kE.png
silently being exchanged with each other. "Yeah...aint nobody understand a word this mothafucka just said what chapter do we read again"

I'm glad I never had to deal with that. Only thing that's annoying to me are lab partners that don't want to get on the same page.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
JC that was me the last few weeks in my Computer Architecture class. I had to spend a couple hours on youtube before I finally understood Karnaugh Maps and Binary gates. Our professor is just longwinded as fuck and doesn't know how to get to the point so it's easy to get lost.
stats Bros is it 'q hat' 'q high' or something else? Sounds like she's saying 'q huh'.

Sounds like she's rhyming like Juvenile up there and I'm trying not to laugh when she says 'you got Q huh. Find P huh.'
lmao

Mortemis

Banned
My chem instructor has a pretty strong accent, and I damn would prefer that to be the problem. She's one of those that spends the class time talking about god knows what, and expects us to read through the textbooks to understand the fuck we're doing for the tests. Like the fuck am I coming to class for?

Lmao @ Hiashi. I wasn't even thinking about this, but why the fuck is Naruto typing on a laptop and where did those skyscrapers pop up from. Who even lives there, where did enough people to populate that area come from in such a short time? wtf

harSon

Banned

In my first go around with programming years back, I went to a community college that had a large Vietnamese demographic - particularly the engineering and nursing departments. Anyways, my Java class was 90% Vietnamese - including the professor. He literally did part of the lecture and answered most student questions in Vietnamese.

Selma looks pretty dope, yo.

I'm glad Lee Daniels dropped out. Hopefully he didn't have too big of a footprint, because he's way too literal and hamfisted with the social commentary.

Having said that, I'm kind of over the British invasion of Hollywood. I can hear the hell out of every accent in that trailer. Carmen Ejogo is gorgeous though.

You can't understand what she be sayin huh
She be playing huh
That's that's bullshit huh
You finna quit huh

strobogo

Banned
Jason Takes Manhattan is so terrible. I don't remember anything about this movie and it is so weird and stupid. Random music video on a ship. Jason killing someone on a dance floor with a disco ball. Multiple people apparently hallucinating both young and current Jason. The movie being called Jason Takes Manhattan yet 95% of the movie taking place on a boat. Jason coming back to life apparently from lightning under water or something? It's the shittiest one in the whole series. A series built on pretty cheap and shitty movies. 3 or 6 are the best. I'm leaning towards 6 as it had the best production values, some of the best kills, and was super, almost overly self aware. 3 also had dope kills and the DOPEST title music. Shit was the best horror disco/new wave/funk this side of Thriller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqQD6C4lfg

The only good thing about JTM is the Johnny Cage uppercut.

uppercut.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Jason Takes Manhattan is so terrible. I don't remember anything about this movie and it is so weird and stupid. Random music video on a ship. Jason killing someone on a dance floor with a disco ball. Multiple people apparently hallucinating both young and current Jason. The movie being called Jason Takes Manhattan yet 95% of the movie taking place on a boat. Jason coming back to life apparently from lightning under water or something? It's the shittiest one in the whole series. A series built on pretty cheap and shitty movies. 3 or 6 are the best. I'm leaning towards 6 as it had the best production values, some of the best kills, and was super, almost overly self aware. 3 also had dope kills and the DOPEST title music. Shit was the best horror disco/new wave/funk this side of Thriller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlqQD6C4lfg

The only good thing about JTM is the Johnny Cage uppercut.

TRa9Oxa.gif

oM1yGfH.gif

This stupid ass movie.

That Julius Kill is top ten horror death material though. lmao. Breh tried to hit Jason with that Fight Night music and got his head knocked clean off.

He might be one of the top 5 dumbest brothers in a horror film.

G-Fex

I liked the opening of Jason goes to hell cause it's like stupidly great how a bunch of action call of duty FBI team shooting and destroying Jason.

KumaJG

It's q hat. I passed my Math with A's going to no more than 25 lectures(took 4 classes). Literally showed up for tests, got my A and bounce.

J10

Banned
I liked the opening of Jason goes to hell cause it's like stupidly great how a bunch of action call of duty FBI team shooting and destroying Jason.

And then his heart somehow hypnotizes someone into eating it so Jason's spirit can possess him. What?

strobogo

Banned
I didn't even mention the fact that the whole movie is based on the premise of "Crystal Lake" seniors (because it is a city now I guess) taking a trip on a boat FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO NEW YORK CITY. This random camp that has a lake that apparently leads to the Atlantic ocean and directly into the harbor of NYC. The movie has Manhattan in the title. Maybe 20 minutes at the max actually takes place in New York at all. Most of it seems to be in the same alley. Multiple people on the boat seem to hallucinate Jason. The "main" character (if you can call her that at all, because it really doesn't seem like there is a main character at all) hallucinates both young and old Jason frequently. Then at the end, real Jason turns back into young Jason and weird lighting hits Lady Liberty because...idk. The whole movie is dumb as fuck, even by F13 standards. It's terrible.

One of the most uncomfortable weather conditions: cold rain.

It's worse than snow! :(

This is accurate. Today (in Central Indiana) was in the low 40s, really windy, and rainy all day. It felt more bitterly cold than legit winter days. Rain right above the freezing mark is worse than snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom