• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac-lac
FUCK YO WHIP NIGGA!

Cadillac-lac-lac-lac
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac
Cadillac-lac-lac-lac-lac
I TOOK YO BITCH NIGGA!

i9ZOUDjv6NuM3.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
strobogo, what other movies do you have planned bruh? You're going through the struggle with those horrible Friday 13th joints. lol

Nuke is awesome btw.

Part of me wishes that I kept up with nuke. I've been living that adobe life, but dabbling with Resolve has me wishing that after effects had a node based mode or something.

So much in modern films aren't practically shot or were added in post that I always laugh when people complain about "the obvious fake CGI" not realizing so much of the scenes they think are real are also enhanced/modified/completely-digital.

Nuke is awesome btw.

It's not just that. He showed us how eyes are brightened or made darker. Waistlines are made slimmer. Faces are smoothed out. It's hilarious nothing is real.

Nuke's pretty great. This is just an elective but I'm going to keep up with the program. It kicks the shit out of after effects. Honestly I don't like Adobe software.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's not just that. He showed us how eyes are brightened or made darker. Waistlines are made slimmer. Faces are smoothed out. It's hilarious nothing is real.

That's what I meant by the enhanced/modified part of my post. There was a bunch of funny requests JJ made for ST Into Darkness about fixing a bunch of super minor stuff during shot reviews, i.e. that small crease in Kirk's uniform needs to be smoothed out. Knowing that we were perfectly capable of doing it, but he was just messing around for a lot of those.

Nuke's pretty great. This is just an elective but I'm going to keep up with the program. It kicks the shit out of after effects. Honestly I don't like Adobe software.

Nuke is the standard comp tool for a lot of high end studios. Adobe has its place in the overall pipeline, but there's a lot of software out there that's specific to workflow needs that, if you can afford the licenses, are a better choice. But sometimes you still need to break out Photoshop for something.

I'm actually applying for a position with the company behind Nuke, hope to hear something back soon.

strobogo

Banned
What do you do when you desperately want Mexican food (mother fucking chili renellos in my veins right now) but are hung over enough to not want to get up and leave?

Brilliant game. Really nothing else to say on the matter.

I'd have liked for Kuvira to be a little less evil but I thought it was a great episode.
I really like that Korra didn't immediately go back to wrecking face.

me neither just getting some metal out of your system shouldn't fix your psychological issues

Slayven

Sometimes the worse thing you can do is talk to folks that enjoy the same things you do. I didn't post in Comic Gaf RIP.

ReiGun

I'm usually with Korra-Gaf (Book 2 was trash, you guys), but I thought the episode was fine.

I do think they've fumbled Kuvira's character though. They had a chance to do a really nuanced villain and then said "Lol she should build a nuke and put people in camps." Zahir remains the best villain.

Turns out the new black works just like the old black.

I'm usually with Korra-Gaf (Book 2 was trash, you guys), but I thought the episode was fine.

I do think they've fumbled Kuvira's character though. They had a chance to do a really nuanced villain and then said "Lol she should build a nuke and put people in camps." Zahir remains the best villain.

Turns out the new black works just like the old black.

yeah they fumbled with kuvira for sure. despite all these korra villain late-season swerves though they are far better characters than zuko/firelord ozai

they aimed higher with the motivations with these bad guys which makes the flaws more apparent but at least they're something. zuko was just after the avatar because his dad didn't love him lol

kuvira's a boss. "I stepped up" is the GOAT counter to "step down"

edit: oh snap i gotta listen to that harry fraud jessie ware remix right now

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes the worse thing you can do is talk to folks that enjoy the same things you do. I didn't post in Comic Gaf RIP.

I hate posting in Platinum threads and fighting game announcement threads

I like talking about things I like with likeminded people. When you got people that don't care about the things that you do and vice versa it's annoying

Village

Peeps still going nuts over that harry potter ass naruto ending around the net stil, sheesh. I guess when you dedicate over a decade of your life to a ship, thats what happens.

Little nugget of truth from the Noodle thread though

And yeah, Naruto characters don't hold super serious grudges because they're ninjas, they know that it comes with the territory. It's business and all that to fight where necessary. I mentioned it in the other thread but Sasuke probably didn't want to fight either of them initially because I recall him saying that they shouldn't follow him. But as soon as they started interfering with what he was doing, he had to deal with them otherwise he couldn't achieve what he wanted. It's why I said the relationship makes sense if you think about it being all about business.

Kids, don't dedicate your life to what you feel to be a set outcome of fictional work. Criticism is fine, and criticism en mass can work out mass effect endings, H.E.A.T, the weird sega sonic identity crisis thing that's going on, but ya know... don't hurt yourself.

cdyhybrid

First post in the SC2 expansion thread is begging for a console release. Might as well ask Blizzard to let you play on an abacus.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That's not a nugget of truth. It just points out how shitty the writing was and how dumb it handled anything resembling actual character development, between the main three. It's not even consistent within it's own story, considering certain characters did in fact hold grudges, regardless if it was business or personal...

That's what I meant by the enhanced/modified part of my post. There was a bunch of funny requests JJ made for ST Into Darkness about fixing a bunch of super minor stuff during shot reviews, i.e. that small crease in Kirk's uniform needs to be smoothed out. Knowing that we were perfectly capable of doing it, but he was just messing around for a lot of those.

Nuke is the standard comp tool for a lot of high end studios. Adobe has its place in the overall pipeline, but there's a lot of software out there that's specific to workflow needs that, if you can afford the licenses, are a better choice. But sometimes you still need to break out Photoshop for something.

I'm actually applying for a position with the company behind Nuke, hope to hear something back soon.

Yeah once I started working with AVID I started ditching adobe but I always find myself working with photoshop.

If you get the position will you end up working in LA, Bay, or with the UK? They're a good company. They gave my college a ridiculous discount. It's even cheaper than the traditional student license. I recently found out a lot of our art students get work quick because of our Nuke class and 3D class. Not sure which program they use for the latter class though.

Village

That's not a nugget of truth. It just points out how shitty the writing was and how dumb it handled anything resembling actual character development, between the main three. It's not even consistent within it's own story, considering certain characters did in fact hold grudges, regardless if it was business or personal...

J
ust to add a bit more if you need, if Sasuke was such an awful person, he would have never kept questioning Naruto and Sakura about why they kept going after him. There are numerous times he asks this, as I recall and he was actually shocked at the Summit when Naruto confronted him and said what he did. He also interacted with them before engaging them fairly often, Hell, I think in the arc just after the Time Skip, Sasuke actually forced Kurama back into Naruto after it looked like it was going to go berserk.

There are a lot of instances like this. It's why the last few chapters, especially 698, were really important to the series. It describes how Sasuke felt and what he saw as a member of Team 7. Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, they reminded him of his family and he hated remembering all of the pain that came from that incident but he genuinely cared for them. He felt connected to them, specifically Naruto but I'm sure he felt the same about Kakashi and Sakura. The only way that you can reconcile this and his actions throughout the series is that it simply is business for him as he tried to achieve his goals, it meant he had to do something he didn't want to do. And that makes sense, he's a ninja. They have to do what's necessary

What you are saying isnt false, nor is the nugget. What matters is your investment, you require more narrative attention than the dude saying "fuck yeah dbz ninjas", that said.
Im done arguing, im in the business of observing.

See this the first ending I have exsperienced with people. Game endings are different, people get games at different times and different progressions. Movies are more singular things, but I guess ill get that experience with Thor:Ragnarok. And despite reading more comics than ever before I just hang out in comic threads much. And a lot of things... I was either too young to know of the forums or didnt care enough. this is one of the first endings I have experienced en masse around the same time period.

Its...eye opening to say the least

Malyse

Horny is a fucking weird word. Like, wtf do horns have to do with sexual prowess?

Reminder to sit through the creds of Big Hero 6. It's totes worth it.

It's Friday this time right?

Malyse

Two things

1. Where da black people at

2. holy hell @ dat ass on Widowmaker
What's the point of making a FPS character sexy? I mean, I can't see her and I'm deffo not altruistic enough to do this to benifit others for no reason. Or is there a third person mode?

Ps. Dream dropped a fifth of vodka. 80 proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom