• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

cyborg blows.

no though. And Not the TT version like all of em.

However I do have an issue with his design.

How cyborg in a world where technology has advanced you can have automatons with human skin and shit and my man is still 7/5's of an escalade. Like the only part of him that needs to transform really is his arm, so... he look could like a person. I guess the cops don't fuck with robotic dehumanizing stares.

People saying this gives off The Dark Knight vibes. I get no such vibes from that trailer.

No, it just look great and dark.

Spader as Ultron is a great choice, and that Iron Man vs Hulk fight looks boss.

...and hopefully they don't launch Mr. Banner into space.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Looks like Cyborg might become the 1st black superhero represented in the new age of comic book movies. I find it kind of lame of how they seem to be going New 52 with their lineups. I particularly don't care for Cyborg that much. He seems kind of cheesy. Out of DCs black superheroes that I know of I like John Stewart, Static, and Vixen better than him. Does he even have his own comic series now?

I require pics.

on the dc side you mean?

Village

They should push static and every other green lantern that is hal more.

And every other line out of their mouths should be shitting on hal and black lightning

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Give him a call and go for coffee and scones.

well i texted him and we talked on imessage and he wants to get to know me. wow.

Ask him if he's trying to get the pipe

dont know what that mean

Saying you don't know what to do means you're not against it right? If there isn't anything holding you back, why not try it out? Go for it.

Slay pls. smh

yeah im going to go for it i think. i sent him a selfie of myself and he is still interested. wow.

Is he cute?

Are you attracted to him?

yeah he is. and younger than me

Get the drawers, fam.

well not in a rush for that

Brb.

Checking Jodeci box set for answers.

ok

Give it a shot unless:

A) you don't like him
B) you're pursuing someone else

yeah i will give it a shot. im just beside myself didnt think anyone would want a guy like me.

ReiGun

I feel like Cyborg became a way worse character in the court of public opinion the moment he got a movie announced. Before he was just kind of eh. Now people are coming out of the woodwork saying that out and out hate him.

Dude wasn't my first pick to get a movie or a JLA spot, but now that it's happening, I'd rather wait and see what they plan to do with him. Comic fans more than anyone should know any character can be interesting in the right hands and with the right story.

Slayven

I feel like Cyborg became a way worse character in the court of public opinion the moment he got a movie announced. Before he was just kind of eh. Now people are coming out of the woodwork saying that out and out hate him.

Dude wasn't my first pick to get a movie or a JLA spot, but now that it's happening, I'd rather wait and see what they plan to do with him. Comic fans more than anyone should know any character can be interesting in the right hands and with the right story.

Cyborg is a definition of an ensemble character, nothign wrong with that. As black Titans go, Joto was 100022 times mroe interesting.

Crocodile

I still have every intention of seeing Avengers 2 in theaters but the trailer didn't do anything for me.

Where the thread title at?

Cyborg is getting his own movie? Wut?

Yo this gamersgate s$%^ has me convinced there are legitimate psychos outthere.

I mean more than usual.

Felicia Day posted a blog about the issue. http://thisfeliciaday.tumblr.com/post/100700417809/the-only-thing-i-have-to-say-about-gamer-gate

She dropped some truth. jackasses in the comments post her house address.

I am. Like. What. the. Hell.

:(

It takes a special kind of cognitive dissonance to so consistently prove Ms. Day and everyone who has been saying the same things as her so right so consistently. Like a straight up inhuman way of thinking :/

Village

*Looks at my Avatar*

I mean....I can agree..I just don't think Cyborg is good beyond titans.

I gotta dissagree. I think a lot of the titans worked, even donna troy who doesn't exist anymore really.

Beast Boy and Starfire are the ones who fall on the just aren't that interesting category. The latter getting worse with the new 52, I think thats still happening, I haven't kept up with red hood and the outlaws in a bit but is that still a thing?

Crocodile

I think Ima start a fight in OT.

I know you mean well dude but maybe you need to take a break from GAF for a few days and dive into something you love? I saw some of your art in the last thread and it looked pretty good to me. Maybe draw to soothe your nerves?

Malyse

You know that's not a good idea, c'mon now.

I'm gonna kindly ask you to chill.

I know you mean well dude but maybe you need to take a break from GAF for a few days and dive into something you love? I saw some of your art in the last thread and it looked pretty good to me. Maybe draw to soothe your nerves?

You need to step back.

Don't do it to yaself, plz. You about to get this thread nuked from orbit.

...over what

this is getting old
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=917395
Too late.

That was a joke, people.

I gotta dissagree. I think a lot of the titans worked, even donna troy who doesn't exist anymore really.

Beast Boy and Starfire are the ones who fall on the just aren't that interesting category. The latter getting worse with the new 52, I think thats still happening, I haven't kept up with red hood and the outlaws in a bit but is that still a thing?

I'm actually in the camp that Red Hood and the Outlaws is pretty good....just the drops in quality are hard.

But honestly Arsenal and Jason make that book. Star gets more focus than Arsenal but she's just a bland ass character.

B0lLNZnIUAEoyVz.jpg

Is that one of those house arrest monitors on her ankle? Well, at least cartoons are a fitting medium for Medea. Also, what is up with the lil bruh in the high tech wheelchair, did he get that from Wheelz of the Burger King Kids Club?

And I'm sorry J10, I thought your avatar was a jack o'lantern cut out.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Is that one of those house arrest monitors on her ankle? Well, at least cartoons are a fitting medium for Medea. Also, what is up with the lil bruh in the high tech wheelchair, did he get that from Wheelz of the Burger King Kids Club?

And I'm sorry J10, I thought your avatar was a jack o'lantern cut out.
They totally ripped off BK kids club.

yeah i will give it a shot. im just beside myself didnt think anyone would want a guy like me.

That's adorable.

Don't sell yourself short, broski! People do all sorts of shit to make themselves appealing to other people, but the corollary of "no one deserves sex/to be in a relationship" is that anyone can receive those things, regardless of who they are and what they have and haven't done. I hope all goes well for you!

Malyse

That's adorable.

Don't sell yourself short, broski! People do all sorts of shit to make themselves appealing to other people, but the corollary of "no one deserves sex/to be in a relationship" is that anyone can receive those things, regardless of who they are and what they have and haven't done. I hope all goes well for you!

In spite of my last post, ha ha.

My father once told me I don't deserve to be happy. Straight cried myself to sleep for days after that.

Occasionally suspect he was right.

In spite of my last post, ha ha.

My father once told me I don't deserve to be happy. Straight cried myself to sleep for days after that.

Occasionally suspect he was right.

Well that's a shitty thing to say... I think you deserve to be happy.

Stranger approval +1

Even still. :)

akira28

BK totally fucked they pricing with the 1.49 10 piece. A ten piece meal cost more than a separate ten piece plus fries plus drink, and two ten pieces cost less than a twenty piece.

They're trying to bring back the chicken tenders crowd by making the nuggets like the tenders. Limited time deal just to get people to buy them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom