• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
image.php

J10

Banned
People saying this gives off The Dark Knight vibes. I get no such vibes from that trailer.

Every superhero trailer with ominous music gives them Dark Knight vibes. That's because nerds don't know very many ways to describe things. Meanwhile every single Marvel movie has trailers that do the exact same thing, scary music and high stakes, and they're almost all actually comedies with under developed villains. LOL

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man...The Wachowskis and Snyder are the only ones that get super speed to look dope on screen. If you haven't watched an anime in your life, stop trying to do that shit.

Gorillaz

Every superhero trailer with ominous music gives them Dark Knight vibes. That's because nerds don't know very many ways to describe things. Meanwhile every single Marvel movie has trailers that do the exact same thing, scary music and high stakes, and they're almost all actually comedies with under developed villains. LOL

it honestly bugs me how any, semi serious trailer=dark knight rises, to alot of people

Village

Is the associations with DNR an compliment or an insult. If its an compliment, it should be an insult. If its an insult why everyone gotta assume a simi serious super hero movie gonna be bad all the time.

J10

Banned
I mean, any group period has weird elements, no matter what you choose. Not even just fandoms, but entire job fields and economic brackets. But the smaller a group is is the more intensely the more extreme elements appear.

BCT weird's me out. Who knew niggas loved anime this much?

J10

Banned
for nothing?

Well yeah, he left the movie. Ant-Man would have been a Phase 1 movie if Marvel hadn't patiently waited on him to get his ducks in a row. Now, not only is it not about the right version of Ant-Man, nor is it even analogous to the comic counterpart in relation to Ultron, it's not even being directed by the guy people were excited about directing it.

Infinite

Well yeah, he left the movie. Ant-Man would have been a Phase 1 movie if Marvel hadn't patiently waited on him to get his ducks in a row. Now, not only is it not about the right version of Ant-Man, nor is it even analogous to the comic counterpart in relation to Ultron, it's not even being directed by the guy people were excited about directing it.

Yeah I just assumed he left because of creative differences with the studio which happens all the time.

ReiGun

As long as we're calling out words and phrases we don't like, I wish we could expel the words "gritty" and "grimdark" from all conversation.

Yo this gamersgate s$%^ has me convinced there are legitimate psychos outthere.

I mean more than usual.

Felicia Day posted a blog about the issue. http://thisfeliciaday.tumblr.com/post/100700417809/the-only-thing-i-have-to-say-about-gamer-gate

She dropped some truth. jackasses in the comments post her house address.

I am. Like. What. the. Hell.
Some people have totally lost touch with reality.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Man...The Wachowskis and Snyder are the only ones that get super speed to look dope on screen. If you haven't watched an anime in your life, stop trying to do that shit.

one of my issues. if you have a multi million dollar project, but only aesthetically look better than a japanese kids series with what im sure is a fraction of the budget, then damn.

that quicksilver scene was a letdown for that very reason.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yo this gamersgate s$%^ has me convinced there are legitimate psychos outthere.

I mean more than usual.

Felicia Day posted a blog about the issue. http://thisfeliciaday.tumblr.com/post/100700417809/the-only-thing-i-have-to-say-about-gamer-gate

She dropped some truth. jackasses in the comments post her house address.

I am. Like. What. the. Hell.

i dont care for day, but the way i deal with her is just ignoring her. going full fucking stalker psycho on her? what does that prove except to show people youre scum?

As long as we're calling out words and phrases we don't like, I wish we could expel the words "gritty" and "grimdark" from all conversation.

ill use edgy and tryhard instead. that should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom