• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I would sell Reigun's soul for it. Can you imagine all the "I am not racist, but here is why Master Chief shouldn't be black" posts

"I...I'm just saying guys it doesn't fit the narrative that Halo has been telling since the first game! Besides the VA isn't black!"

I can see it all too well. D:

Reminder, "What does god need with a starship?"

Slayven

I can not for the life of me remember the Trek movie numbers. Another great thing about the books when Voyager got back they were like "Where are Welcome Back party?""

Star Fleet:"Nigga what? We just fought a war, do these uniforms look like they made for fighting in? Shit went down, talking about a party. Be glad we are not arresting you for all kind of violations."

"I...I'm just saying guys it doesn't fit the narrative that Halo has been telling since the first game! Besides the VA isn't black!"

For all its faults, that line made this one of my favourite Trek films.

Slayven

Well in the books, he ran up on the Q, they beheaded him(metaphysically) and stuck him in that prison.

G-Fex

I can not for the life of me remember the Trek movie numbers. Another great thing about the books when Voyager got back they were like "Where are Welcome Back party?""

Star Fleet:"Nigga what? We just fought a war, do these uniforms look like they made for fighting in? Shit went down, talking about a party. Be glad we are not arresting you for all kind of violations."

LOL.

They couldn't have been that pissed, they promoted janeway to admrial.

Well in the books, he ran up on the Q, they beheaded him(metaphysically) and stuck him in that prison.

I like that, it works.

Silky

Banned
S2 is absolute garbage.

Watch S1 and move on.

S2, while a drop in animation quality, is pretty okay so far. Can't call it garbage when I'm still getting the world development that I expect from the series. Especially with this recent episode.

Gorillaz

S2 is absolute garbage.

Watch S1 and move on.

S2, while a drop in animation quality, is pretty okay so far. Can't call it garbage when I'm still getting the world development that I expect from the series. Especially with this recent episode.

are we talking about PP season 2 or PP 2? the branding confuses me

The new episodes or PP 2 is actually interesting tho.
Akane is on some #IamthatNigga status at this point

Slayven

Oh and one more than, Picard kicked the Borg's ass one good time and they said fuck it and sent the Federation one last message

"We are the Borg. You will be annihilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness have become irrelevant. Resistance is futile... but welcome."

Before they were stopped the Borg wiped of 40% of all life in Federation space.

What? No.

NO D:

Yep, in Kirk's return to the Federation. He out fought Worf, hacked Data, out technobabbled Geordi, and Out tacticed Picard. Than fucked Janeway.

G-Fex

Oh and one more than, Picard kicked the Borg's ass one good time and they said fuck it and sent the Federation one last message

"We are the Borg. You will be annihilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness have become irrelevant. Resistance is futile... but welcome."

Before they were stopped the Borg wiped of 40% of all life in Federation space.

Yep, in Kirk's return to the Federation. He out fought Worf, hacked Data, out technobabbled Geordi, and Out tacticed Picard. Than fucked Janeway.

Did Shatner write those books? Holy shit I NEED to read them.

That sounds so freaking amazing.

I always felt Kara no Kyoukai and Melty Blood/Tsukihime were better than Fate/Stay. Hell I'm shocked Mahou Tsukai no Yoru never got the animu treatment.

Fate/Zero >>> Fate/Stay
It's so refreshing having a show where everyone is at least fairly competent. None of Shiro's stupid "I'm going to go protect my super powerful servant even though she's WAY stronger than me in every way possible because I'm A HERO" shit

Malyse

Fate/Zero >>> Fate/Stay
It's so refreshing having a show where everyone is at least fairly competent. None of Shiro's stupid "I'm going to go protect my super powerful servant even though she's WAY stronger than me in every way possible because I'm A HERO" shit

And we swing back around to Urobuchi Gen. But the best screenwriter in the business is Okada Mari.

zero_suit

Fate/Zero >>> Fate/Stay

I enjoyed Fate/Zero. How much of a downgrade is Fate/Stay?

Silky

Banned
If your football team is performing poorly, just remember:

The Bears are losing to the Packers 41-0. It's Halftime.

Silky

Banned
B2C6tvJCEAEbjyY.jpg

Mortemis

Banned

Log Horizon is good, why would you say otherwise?!?

Haven't watched the latest episode, but whenever I see akatsuki's derpy ass face I wanna fall asleep. Shit is boring, the only interesting thing is the raid but that gets over focused by all the boring as hell characters in akiba.

I'll never understand why people like Fate/Stay so damn much.

For the new one, fights look good. For the old series? Idk, it's as much of a mystery to me as you.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I've been watching Hellsing Ultimate on Saturdays

Alucard is broken as fuck

Also, the wild shit they come up with in that show...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Hellsing makes no sense

Some of the violence in it is just....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom