• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Ultimate Jessica Drew but her being Black Widow? Makes no sense.
I was hoping she was going to be the new Spider-Man after Ultimate Pete died.

First pic was e3 footage vs a LAST GEN asset. Like how is that even a comparison?

As for the second image, dunno why a modded image is being used for comparison. Wack things up to Ultra on a PC that can run it and tell me Watch_Dogs looks crap.

Anyway, specifically to your point, realities of game development. You can choose to believe what you want, but from where i stand, most in this industry don't deliberately set out to deceive you for your money anymore than cigarette companies try to convince you that smoking is a cool thing to do.

There is no conspiracy

breh. breh. you need to read up on cigarette companies. that comparison is not a good look.

harSon

Banned
Yup just changed majors not too long ago. Comp. Sci was too much.

Film Studies or Production? My major was split between both. I'm not sure I'd recommend just Film Studies. It'll provide you with universal skills, but there's not exactly a career path directly relating to it. I've managed to do pretty well, and my current career is somewhat connected to my major in a roundabout way, but a lot of the people I know who shared my major are struggling pretty heavy.

Also, If you like discussing films on these forums now, it's going to be the last thing you want to do once you get enough classes under your belt. I used to be super active in Film-GAF, but after lectures, readings, essays, discussions, etc - it dwindled off REAL quick. Also, prepare for some of the most amazing ham fisted analysis of films known to man. Some of the shit people dropped in class was... I can't even put it into words.

Film Studies or Production?

Production. I mainly want to screen write and produce but I wanna learn everything I can do I can be versatile if wanted to step beyond.

Oh yeah I've ready experienced the ham fisted theories lol. I think I can separate casual and real film discussion pretty well though

Feature gets put in game in time for E3.

Later it turns out the feature doesn't test well, either for gameplay object visibility, or wastes perf, and instead of game design being beholden to it, you cut it instead.

Nobody walks into E3 intentionally trying to make games that only have features for E3, it's just the reality of shit.

you may cut it for consoles but you have no right cutting it for PC. each platform has clout in the scale of things.

Thinking about all the people who are going to read the new one over the 80's in preparation for the movie makes me so sad.

same dudes who read Bendis/Hitch Age of Ultron after that movie and come away thinking, "fuck comics are just shit nigga I'm out"

and you're like "nah man you want Rage of Ultron, Remender/Opena/White, its gonna be tight I'm tellin ya"

Avengers-Rage-of-Ultron-OGN-Preview-4-24899.jpg

and they're like "Rage of Ultron, Age of Ultron, too confusing I'm out you nerd"

and then sadface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom