• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
Abigail Spencer literally gave zero fucks with these videos...

EDIT: I meant the fact that it was so raunchy, not that she was hacked...

Malyse

Podcasts 5 days a week. Everybody should be listening to it.
I would, but...
NsFqkh8.jpg

lOnZmrY.jpg

veWH7ax.jpg

I'm already a bit behind on podcasts.

i was on the phone with an AT&T rep inquiring about the delay in my service appointment and while discussing the details surrounding the delay, he said "i see you placed the order about a week ago" in a regular voice and i quickly quipped back "a week ago" in tune and he was like "aw man, now that song's gonna be in my head all day" and i did everything i could to stop myself from liberating a loud outburst of laughter from my lungs.

Furyous

What if there isn't someone out there for everyone? What if there's many someones for some and there's no one for others and when we find a match or what looks to be a match we have to hold on to it and never let go cause that's all we'll ever get?

No, offense but fuck that shit you talking about.

*uses Eddie House logic*

Some young lass or possibly her Cougar mom is going to get all of my greatness. She gon love it and cherish it like it's 1,000 bitcoins that popped into her wallet 24 hours before they hit $900 a coin.

Dream out here overthinking things. If all else fails fall on grenade a few times. The pheromones will attract better prospective partners. The whole time hit the gym, study some tape, recover the lost recipes, and work on conversing. Get on that Peyton Manning shit after he had surgery. He put in work to be great gotdammit. Follow that Kobe work ethic. Everybody at the club you shooting in the gym. They stumbling into practice hungover while you're there early practicing fadeaways.

^^ Knowledge darts of the day folk.

I'd love to join a podcast but I'm scared my prospective HR manager is somewhere listening thinking he ain't shit fuck his cover letter. Fuck around and regale the world with tales of alleged finger banging of some enterprising lass in a gentleman's establishment in a certain part of Ohio only to get that denied response two days later.

jWILL253

Banned
I ain't never letting my future kids have access to anything with a camera until they receive a college degree in the Streisand Effect field.

royalan

It's funny how podcasts are having a renaissance.

I didn't see it for podcasts when they first popped up. Then there seemed to be a period around '06 or so where they seemed to be dying out.

But now pretty much everyone I know listens to podcasts. My PARENTS listen to podcasts, and I have about 4 or 5 that must-listen as soon as a new episode is released. I couldn't imagine my commute without them.

DominoKid

He got laid off a while back and that when they decided to monetize it and make it his full time job.

ah shit that's a come up then

Who in the fuck has time to listen to podcast?

i wonder this when i see folks that listen to those 3 hour podcasts. I can barely listen to The Evening Jones and that Grantland wrestling podcast every week and they're barely 50 mins long.

Abigail Spencer literally gave zero fucks with these videos...

EDIT: I meant the fact that it was so raunchy, not that she was hacked...

she was the real MVP.

G-Fex

I don't think I can listen to podcasts.

My friend tries to put on a podcast on twitch but..ugh. I don't give a crap about the current game industry which he is discussing.

Malyse

I'd love to join a podcast but I'm scared my prospective HR manager is somewhere listening thinking he ain't shit fuck his cover letter. Fuck around and regale the world with tales of alleged finger banging of some enterprising lass in a gentleman's establishment in a certain part of Ohio only to get that denied response two days later.

That's why you use an alias. Almost all of my conduct online is done under an alias. Has been for about 14 years.

ever since that unfortunate stalking harassment issue.

So Well Spoken on blast

damn Moris don't do it mayne

LOL

people who exercise?

people who commute?

It's just noise if you're actually focused on something like exercise. Why listen to a podcast if you're not going to retain anything you've heard?

Still watching Psycho pass, huh?

Not right now. On the phone with the baby mama. She's telling me she's getting married to her Hobbit.

No for real image if a Mexican had the body of a Hobbit.

Malyse

My friend tries to put on a podcast on twitch but..ugh. I don't give a crap about the current game industry which he is discussing.
There's more than games in the world, you know. What do you like?

Slayven

It's funny how podcasts are having a renaissance.

I didn't see it for podcasts when they first popped up. Then there seemed to be a period around '06 or so where they seemed to be dying out.

But now pretty much everyone I know listens to podcasts. My PARENTS listen to podcasts, and I have about 4 or 5 that must-listen as soon as a new episode is released. I couldn't imagine my commute without them.
Listening to the radio makes me want to run the car off the road.

Gaming podcast are almost universally terrible.

royalan

Gaming podcast are almost universally terrible.

The Giantbomb podcast is literally the worst thing I have ever listened to.

Never before have I heard a group of guys try so hard to sound enthused by the subject of their podcast and fail so hard each and every time.

Malyse

No, fuck it. I don't care what you like.
Flex, listen to Serial. Its the number one podcast in the country for a damn good reason.

Comedy podcasts are great

Nobody wants to listen to shitty gaming podcasts. Who's got time to listen to a half hour debate on 900p resolution lmao

Slayven

Never before have I heard a group of guys try so hard to sound enthused by the subject of their podcast and fail so hard each and every time.

The head dude always has that tone in his voice that says "really guys this is what we are doing? Really?"

RP912

Banned
I used to be a podcast junkie...mainly gaming. I stopped cold turkey when I realize it's 90 percent bitching 10 percent condescending.

Malyse

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/creativity-without-borders/201405/the-myth-multitasking

Because I knew you said some dumb shit. You're not listening to the podcast like you think you are. If fact what you're doing is listening to it when you're not lifting. You're missing half the story.

I guess the fact that not every task requires 100% of your attention escapes you. Thus walking (a rote, automatic activity) and chewing gum (a rote, automatic activity). You do multiple things at once and only be ~actively~ engaged in one of them. Pretty fukken wild, huh? 😏

That's what makes it funny.

RP912

Banned

Honestly, ever since Ryan Davis passed away...giantbomb haven't been the same. He was like the filter to avoid feeling miserable after hearing 3 hours of complaining and snark gestures.

Bottom line if Vinnie isn't in the show...avoid listening like the plague.

Furyous

Garnett on Games is cool to listen to. GB is the OG gaming podcast that works. RIP Ryan Davis.

Why in the shit does Lebatard allow Jason Whitlock on air? I can't stand that Fox News sympathizing
, Don-Lemon-dress-the-right-way-pull-your-pants-up-I'm-not-scary-like-them-ass-nigga
. Killer Mike is right about dude. He spoiled Bomani's time on air with that fuck shit he talking.

Malyse

Honestly, ever since Ryan Davis passed away...giantbomb haven't been the same. He was like the filter to avoid feeling miserable after hearing 3 hours of complaining and snark gestures.

Bottom line if Vinnie isn't in the show...avoid listening like the plague.
Yeah. Its on my list, but honestly, most times I skip it. In fact, now that I think about it, the only gaming podcasts that I for real listen to is the Daily Fix which is straight news, Escapist Video Games, Game Design Dojo for obvs reasons, The Game Informer Show, and GameTrailers Video Reviews. The rest are there in case I catch up and have nothing to listen to, cause fuck the radio.

----

I see why they let Smash preload. Holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom