• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

The term is hebephile.
Evanna Lynch is 23. The term is legal.
So with all of the sonic boom fuckery that's been going on I decided to play some Sonic All Star's Racing Transformed. I usually play music in the background when I'm playing racing games so I decided to bump the new K.R.I.T album. Now I'm not much of a krit fan but fuck it I'm bored so I'll give it a spin. Dude......as I started the game I saw sonic in a 60 something Lincoln Continental with the suicide doors. He had on red gators and gold gloves with a black n mild in his mouth. He came through the screen and said straight up "Cruise on these suckas" and press my start button on my xbox 360 controller. Next thing I know I'm seeing into the future as tails was flying through laps without me pressing a single button. I manage to snag 100 stars in my world tour.

Bottom line I'm a believer in K.R.I.T.

But you're only half enjoying the album and half playing the game.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Alright what the hell is SP//DR?

I'll admit right now the first thing that draws me towards comics is the art, and I thought the cover to one of the issues looked nice. Looking it up how though, they seem to be laying on the anime references pretty damn thick.

pretty much. its a japanese styled spider series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
man....

i'm trying to give tales of hearts love but its just not clicking like i thought it would. it does have some pretty decent laughs though.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
fuck it

lets just talk about comics that only 5 people read again

geez

DY is bored and trying to start stuff again. Don't feed him brehs. XD
Although this time I think I see why he trying to sway the thread.

Onemic

nigga got my boy $hawty killed in the line of duty. The true GOAT BCT poster. The ether still affects GJB to this day, dude just wasnt the same

Malyse

Not technically. I was basically listening to the music and trying to get stars. Turns out the album was better than expected.

Can't do two things at once, dontcha know.

man....

i'm trying to give tales of hearts love but its just not clicking like i thought it would. it does have some pretty decent laughs though.
Eh?! Hearts is my fave Tales game too
the DS one is..

I've bought most of the Tales games, but the only ones I've actually beaten are Eternia and Legendia. The other ones, I get to a point where all the side stuff opens up, get sidetracked, and end up selling them back

Onemic

I only ever got that one tales game for psp....Don't even remember the name. I got like 75% of the way through the story and then I sold my psp.

And that spelt the end of my Tales days

DY_nasty

I guess I'm just expecting more from the combat at this point. Been a bit spoiled by Graces F. Not really a fan of the leveling system.
nigga got my boy $hawty killed in the line of duty. The true GOAT BCT poster. The ether still affects GJB to this day, dude just wasnt the same
GJB died some RE4 deaths in here lmao

I remember dude was really trying to push the whole "i'm so misunderstood man... being mixed... not being accepted by either group. its hard yo :(" then people found out he was like 16 and everyone hit him with the THIS NIGGA from then on lol

i'm really not

just like... i get to be a bum for the next couple of months. internet is actually somewhat decent here. getting my shit installed next week too so like... yeah

Young Magus

man....

Damn, I was thinking bout giving it a chance too.

I've bought most of the Tales games, but the only ones I've actually beaten are Eternia and Legendia. The other ones, I get to a point where all the side stuff opens up, get sidetracked, and end up selling them back

Legendia has a great battle theme, gameplay looks meh tho.

Still need to get back to playing Rebirth, from what I experience dat battle system is soooo good.

DY_nasty

Damn, I was thinking bout giving it a chance too.

Legendia has a great battle theme, gameplay looks meh tho.

Still need to get back to playing Rebirth, from what I experience dat battle system is soooo good.

Its not bad at all. I think its just a thing on my account. I'm coming off of long runs in Freedom Wars and God Eater so I'm probably just now falling into it with the right mindset like I need to be. Production values are great, combat AI is EASILY better than Xillia's, pacing seems to be okay so far. I don't want to be the reason doesn't give this game a shot. Just having a hard time getting in the rhythm (because I'm abnormally hyped for Dragon Age).

Onemic

Its not bad at all. I think its just a thing on my account. I'm coming off of long runs in Freedom Wars and God Eater so I'm probably just now falling into it with the right mindset like I need to be. Production values are great, combat AI is EASILY better than Xillia's, pacing seems to be okay so far. I don't want to be the reason doesn't give this game a shot. Just having a hard time getting in the rhythm (because I'm abnormally hyped for Dragon Age).

I aint bein fooled by Bioware twice. Pretty much like 99% of game releases now I've gone full out blackout mode on any media/impressions. I shall await you being the guinea pig so I know if its safe to buy.

DY_nasty

I aint bein fooled by Bioware twice. Pretty much like 99% of game releases now I've gone full out blackout mode on any media/impressions. I shall await you being the guinea pig so I know if its safe to buy.

Bioware gets dibs on my money. I didn't bite on DA2 at release because it was pretty obvious exactly what that was but they haven't truly let me down since KOTOR2 (DA2 for cheap way after the fact was actually pretty decent... just glad I didn't ride the hype train for that one though). ME3 may have been... underwhelming... but the MP more than made up for it. Only games I've put more hours into were Halo 2 and MW2.

Trey

Bioware didn't make KotOR ii, and it was a great game besides.

Also ffxii was cool. I need to beat it one day, but I enjoyed the combat system. I liked gambits.

Onemic

What is BCT's general consensus on FFXII?

Great game.

If I beat it(I will one day) I'd probably like it more than X. The world is definitely more varied than X and it seems to have better side quests with the hunting stuff. I also like the combat more. Story is most definitely weaker tho.

Onemic

This week is my hell week. I'm at my university doing an all nighter for a mid term at 11:30am, got a major assignment due at 11:59pm today, got another major assignment due on Saturday, Another midterm Monday, and another major assignment due next Wednesday.

And I'm here talkin bout FFXII.

Trey

I respect and enjoy FFxii because it gives you the most freedom to compose your party how you want, as well as giving you the option to cut away the tedium as much as you like.

That much control over the game and combat system is unparalleled in every RPG I've played since.

Solid game. Not my favorite cast of characters (Love me some Fran though) but good nonetheless. That gambit system like any of the later FFs can be manipulated into some truly crazy shit. And yes because of my gambit I beat that goddamn dragon. Left the game on and let them do their thing. Minus jank it's a solid game.

Game really needs a Vita port. Playing it while tied to my TV just reminds me there are other things I could be doing.

Alright what the hell is SP//DR?

I'll admit right now the first thing that draws me towards comics is the art, and I thought the cover to one of the issues looked nice. Looking it up how though, they seem to be laying on the anime references pretty damn thick.

It's pretty much Gerard Way doing his take on anime/manga Spider-Man/Girl. It looks like an interesting take though, I'd be happy to read more if they choose to continue with it after Spider-Verse. That and Spider-Gwen were the best issues of the prelude.

andthebeatgoeson

Well, if it's not the name, then what is it?

...OH

ibtBRcIkzfIzdu.gif
They got video of your job site now?

strobogo

Banned
Evanna Lynch is 23. The term is legal.

But you're only half enjoying the album and half playing the game.

The term is used on GAF EVERY SINGLE TIME a thread comes up about an adult banging a teenager, because those people get really offended that they'd dare be lumped in with pedophiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom