• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Why is it even a "thing"? Bayonetta isn't the first character on one of those pillows, and def isn't the first one to be presented out of character on one.

The "issue" is photos of Kamiya and other staff members posing with the pillow on the official Platinum Games twitter. The pillow by itself isn't a "thing", it's Bayonetta's creators cosigning it.

Just got a Wii U.

Went to shoppers drug mart
Canadian version of Walgreens I think
and used $85 of optimum points towards the console and got $70 in credit back.

Probably won't end up opening that shit until Smash day

Malyse

Just got a Wii U.

Went to shoppers drug mart
Canadian version of Walgreens I think
and used $85 of optimum points towards the console and got $70 in credit back.

Probably won't end up opening that shit until Smash day

Or, open it now, buy smash now, preload the game, get some money back through the NDDP and be ready to go at midnight. Then buy Bayo 2 and have enough to get bayo 1 for free.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
This has not been a good week for me. Coming off as aggressive to people when I'm not like that at all. I need a drink, recommendations?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The "issue" is photos of Kamiya and other staff members posing with the pillow on the official Platinum Games twitter. The pillow by itself isn't a "thing", it's Bayonetta's creators cosigning it.

Are people surprised when it comes to Kamiya? lol His whole everything outside of game design, is silly as hell when it comes to dealing with the public.

At most, it's unfortunate (as hell), especially considering that he even stated she was out of character in it. I guess money talks though (if that's even the reason)?

I just find it weird that you've got some calling it a joke, and others trying to go the other extreme on some, "I was always right" type shit...when it's not canon.

People are surprised Kamiya is a perv?

I love Bayonetta, but it's not like those butt shots were ever a coincidence.

Still better than people debating the skeeviness in Kill la Kill, I guess.

Need that baseball bat to get them KOs nigga?

Items?
kttcolicomeon

Not an issue in Japan. Stop pasting American Cultural issues into the rest of the world.

MP sure. but CE has a better SP disregarding he Library. They really nailed the whole 30 seconds of fun combat loop.

Moments like this don't happen much in many other games
http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...am13&vid=b32e31c6-49a2-43db-b246-3045e2df8e7f

I really started loving the Library once I saw the speedruns for it. If there was ever a level that encouraged you to run and gun and make use of map awareness on top of the sandbox, the Library was it. It was oddly prophetic regarding horde / firefight-style modes in that it had a lot of "hold this position while I unlock the door" sections, but those can actually be skipped. Fun fact: you can actually cheese two of the floors (2nd and 4th) by going into the main "inner rim" area facing the Index instead of entering the combat halls immediately after each elevator and crouch-jump over some struts straight to the next elevators. You can also bypass 99% of the door-unlock firefights by grenade-jumping onto the lower accent of each door, allowing you to squeeze through the remaining opening rather than having to wait for the whole thing to open. The only one you can't avoid is the final one, which you can still cheat by hiding off in a corner and shotgunning the two or three infection forms that might spot you.

Plus, on a more sandbox level, the Library is essentially a Doom chapter on steroids. It's an acquired taste, for sure, but it's awesome seeing it sped through.

G-Fex

I really started loving the Library once I saw the speedruns for it. If there was ever a level that encouraged you to run and gun and make use of map awareness on top of the sandbox, the Library was it. It was oddly prophetic regarding horde / firefight-style modes in that it had a lot of "hold this position while I unlock the door" sections, but those can actually be skipped. Fun fact: you can actually cheese two of the floors (2nd and 4th) by going into the main "inner rim" area facing the Index instead of entering the combat halls immediately after each elevator and crouch-jump over some struts straight to the next elevators. You can also bypass 99% of the door-unlock firefights by grenade-jumping onto the lower accent of each door, allowing you to squeeze through the remaining opening rather than having to wait for the whole thing to open. The only one you can't avoid is the final one, which you can still cheat by hiding off in a corner and shotgunning the two or three infection forms that might spot you.

Plus, on a more sandbox level, the Library is essentially a Doom chapter on steroids. It's an acquired taste, for sure, but it's awesome seeing it sped through.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh I guess.

I'd say that level is like a slaughter map-lite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom