• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

But y'all watched it tho

Nothing wrong with watching a good train wreck every once and a while.

9NcaXIR.jpg

ReiGun

naw rei. the only thing i can really fault 3rd gen for is the lack of a day cycle( and not being able to use my broken GS dudes).

For me it was that, hating the overworld and characters, and the fact that gen 3 had the weakest lineup of new pokes.

RedSwirl

Starfox was on the downswing for a minute. All Adventures did was speed up the process.

Adventures was the Star Fox game that came immediately after 64, and it was made by Rare, and it was a decent Zelda clone, it just wasn't a Star Fox game. Assault was kinda okay and was as good as 64 in its best moments, just no better. Really, Star Fox just stagnated after 64, then went on the downswing,

And Gen 3 was indeed the worst Pokemon.

ReiGun

Star Fox's popularity perplexes me. We're talking about a series that has like 4 games in it, only one being worth a damn, and people are clamoring for it.

Star Fox's popularity perplexes me. We're talking about a series that has like 4 games in it, only one being worth a damn, and people are clamoring for it.

Nostalgia and the weirdness of the setting.

If they did a new game with both good gameplay and a story that utilized the story and background it would at least be well received if not do well

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
For me it was that, hating the overworld and characters, and the fact that gen 3 had the weakest lineup of new pokes.

strongest starters of any of the series, first time the games had actual differences in the story, and quite a bit of variances between the different cities. music was on point too. gen 4 had a ton of evo forms of previous pokemon, and was slow.

And Gen 3 was indeed the worst Pokemon.

nope. the one following was

2 games. 64 and the original

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Star Fox 64 is one of the greatest games ever made to me

but they can't make another one like that.

I remember when the Giant Bomb guys were talking about the 3DS remake and one of them said something along the lines of "it has about an hour of content"

A game like starfox just don't make sense with today's ideas of content of value in games

Malyse

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=139036666

Gaming side is scary.

----

I don't think I have it in me to beat classic, all star, and smash run 50 times a piece.
Star Fox 64 is one of the greatest games ever made to me

but they can't make another one like that.

I remember when the Giant Bomb guys were talking about the 3DS remake and one of them said something along the lines of "it has about an hour of content"

A game like starfox just don't make sense with today's ideas of content of value in games

Naw, all they have to do is throw in a Mission Mode a la Hyrule Warriors.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Naw, all they have to do is throw in a Mission Mode a la Hyrule Warriors.

What's mission mode in a scrolling shooter though?

It's not just a map and enemy waves like a Musou game. The enemy patterns and the hazards on the level are the entire game.

Not really something you can remix. You just have to produce SOOOO much content

FyreWulff

Also from what I remember, Starfox has a streak of being developed by a different developer for each game

It's really a score attack game with a story sort of forced into it. It needs a level editor of some sort and/or RNG score attack levels with leaderboards.

Stop trying to make multiplayer happen in Starfox though, it's just.. no. Has always sucked.

G-Fex

Nostalgia for homophobia and racism is fucked doe.

Going through that thread (I regret doing it) That entire fucking thread is stupid.

There's always going to be that poster who says something as fucked as that.

Reminds me why I'm glad I don't go into gaming side (Ok I'm exaggerating but gaming side and OT do make some stupid threads)

Trey

So according to the few image macros I've seen on the subject, the Aaliyah movie is bad chiefly because the casting is horrible?

Kreed

So according to the few image macros I've seen on the subject, the Aaliyah movie is bad chiefly because the casting is horrible?

The bad casting was the most laughable. The acting was bad, they couldn't play any of Aaliyah's hit songs, they skimmed over/barely covered a lot of obvious things you would think they would cover and the things they did cover were done poorly (R.Kelly and Aaliyah, Aaliyah's passing being a quick paragraph at the end with no reactions).

strobogo

Banned
A little late, but fuck WW2. It's always talked about like this noble war with the most clear cut good vs evil shit, but it was more like Really fucking terrible guys vs Not as terrible, but still pretty shitty guys. Both sides were shady as fuck, just like every war. Wars are never done for completely altruistic reasons. There is never 100% good vs 100% evil. I think the reason the media loves it so much is because A. Nazis were such heels and sharp dressers, and B. It was the last "popular" war in the US.

strobogo

Banned
Based stro wrestling analogies

I'm reminded of the Foreign Fanatics vs The All Americans, the legendary match up from Survivor Series 1993. The Foreign Fanatics were fanatical about their evil ways and hating America, but the All Americans were a juiced up freak who used a steel plate in his arm to cheat, an undead corpse who used to kill people for fun, and two collegiate wrestlers, one with the mental abilities of a dog, and the other who was excellent at math and being a big bad booty daddy.

Shades of gray, friends.

royalan

The bad casting was the most laughable. The acting was bad, they couldn't play any of Aaliyah's hit songs, they skimmed over/barely covered a lot of obvious things you would think they would cover and the things they did cover were done poorly (R.Kelly and Aaliyah, Aaliyah's passing being a quick paragraph at the end with no reactions).

The worst thing about this movie to me is that Wendy Williams is an executive producer. Wendy - who was a prominent radio personality when Aaliyah was alive and doing it big. The inaccuracies are almost insulting when you think about that. Wendy, gurl, you were there.

Young Magus

Don't tell me that dude is suppose to be R.Kelly

I'm reminded of the Foreign Fanatics vs The All Americans, the legendary match up from Survivor Series 1993. The Foreign Fanatics were fanatical about their evil ways and hating America, but the All Americans were a juiced up freak who used a steel plate in his arm to cheat, an undead corpse who used to kill people for fun, and two collegiate wrestlers, one with the mental abilities of a dog, and the other who was excellent at math and being a big bad booty daddy.

Shades of gray, friends.

Just had to make me link the math promo huh

Malyse

What's mission mode in a scrolling shooter though?

It's not just a map and enemy waves like a Musou game. The enemy patterns and the hazards on the level are the entire game.

Not really something you can remix. You just have to produce SOOOO much content
Fly through 10 rings without taking damage.
Only shoot blue enemies.
Shoot down all ships withing the time limit.
Clear the level by dodging and using bombs.
Clear the level where every hit is devastating (aka one hit kill).

That's literally off the top of my head. If i spent some time, I coild come up with dozens of variations. Plus, if you introduce variance in the cast (Fox is average, Falco is slow but powerful, Kystal is fast with weak defense) then you can do a free mode where you play anyone on any stage and in Mission Mode you can repeat missions by limiting the characters. Throw in a variety of weapons and set it up with the ranking system and a big old galatic map and you're off to the races.

ReiGun

strongest starters of any of the series, first time the games had actual differences in the story, and quite a bit of variances between the different cities. music was on point too. gen 4 had a ton of evo forms of previous pokemon, and was slow.
I'll take slow and evos over world I hate exploring, characters I don't give a fuck about (as much as one can give a fuck about characters and story in pokemon) and the wackest collection of pokemon in the series. Even the legendaries were some fuck shit save Rayquaza and Deoxys.

Malyse

Imma feel sorry for all these DA:I ppl who will (most likely) learn more hat D:OS is the better game this year but doesn't have a consolefied version

Unless A. this Divinity is wildly different than the previous games I played and B. You managed to get playtime with second highest rated RPG of the year (or first depending on if you consider Dark Souls an RPG or straight action with leveling), I call bullshit.

Black twitter going in on that Aaliyah movie. But you cats had to have known that shit was going to be hot asshole juice the moment they said they weren't going to have any of Aaliyah's songs in that shit. Couldn't pay me to watch that trite shit. I'd rather watch the 9hr version of Cleopatra than sit through that Aaliyah movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom