• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
sooo friend told us he's engaged tonight before we all watched Interstellar. By time it gets out he finds out his fiancee who left for florida yesterday to see her parents already lost the engagement ring supposedly at a Burger King

if I didn't know him (i don't really know her) i'd say this is highly suspect

but isabella was dumb

all she did was teach bioware how to make jack good

It was either her or waifu-elf. No thank you pseudo grown-up loli, I'll take the busty pirate.

And Jack wasn't good compared to the others. She had one of the more satisfying relationships in 2, and then 3 she just kisses you in the base and before you go to fight in the last battle tells you not to die because she needs the D. Or she shows up as a Phantom you kill (nice touch). Let down for her in 3.

The DLC party is better because she and Miranda go at it.
But she has nothing on Tali. None of them do. Miranda is nice, and Liara's canon, but Tali > all.

DA:I is bad enough by itself but the multiplayer... man, if its anything like ME3 I'm gone.

Don't even look for me in real life.

Real talk. If it's as good as that, forget it. Min 200 hours.

sooo friend told us he's engaged tonight before we all watched Interstellar. By time it gets out he finds out his fiancee who left for florida yesterday to see her parents already lost the engagement ring supposedly at a Burger King

If the BK stands for Brian's Krib, sure.

J10

Banned
Man, Black Jesus is killing me right now.

The reason I did this is because there's bitches who stand in the dirt gonna be out there, and if they're willing to stand in the dirt, they're wiling to let me go raw day one.

jWILL253

Banned

That's an L...

That's an L...

might all turn out find well at least I hope. Dude needs some serious good in his life after the shit that's happen to him over the last 2 years.

Also finally watched Farewell My Queen b/c someone told me to watch it. Fucked up movie for something where nothing happens and has a weird relationship "plot"

also guy out there killing people on gaming side

Microsoft has only shown massive spending influx at the beginning of last-gen, and now with Halo 4's astronomical budget, and the current Xbox one offerrings. Both companies are guilty of pushing the boundaries of budgets.
Oh, I wasn't aware that Tomb Raider exclusivity was just because Phil Spencer used to date Lara Croft and they won Minecraft in one of those punch the monkey banner ads.

J10

Banned
Please help me out real quick: I need a couple of bad examples of female and minority representation in comics. Just a few names will do, past or present.

Malyse

It was either her or waifu-elf. No thank you pseudo grown-up loli, I'll take the busty pirate.

And Jack wasn't good compared to the others. She had one of the more satisfying relationships in 2, and then 3 she just kisses you in the base and before you go to fight in the last battle tells you not to die because she needs the D. Or she shows up as a Phantom you kill (nice touch). Let down for her in 3.

The DLC party is better because she and Miranda go at it.
But she has nothing on Tali. None of them do. Miranda is nice, and Liara's canon, but Tali > all.

Real talk. If it's as good as that, forget it. Min 200 hours.

If the BK stands for Brian's Krib, sure.

Am I the only one who fucks the whole cast in Bioware games?

Please help me out real quick: I need a couple of bad examples of female and minority representation in comics. Just a few names will do, past or present.

To be honest, at some point pretty much any female or minority character can be held up as a bad example. Says more about the writer than the character imo.

EDIT: I see I may have misunderstood the request. My votes go towards Wakanda in general and whatever DC's magical negro island that Tyroc came from.

Village

For ladies, I'll give ya one of the goats if you havent already used it

Ms. Marvel Avengers#200 , google it

Black people, I would guess the storm black panther thing.

Black twitter going in on that Aaliyah movie. But you cats had to have known that shit was going to be hot asshole juice the moment they said they weren't going to have any of Aaliyah's songs in that shit. Couldn't pay me to watch that trite shit. I'd rather watch the 9hr version of Cleopatra than sit through that Aaliyah movie.

Everyone knew it was going to be bad when her family didn't approve. And when we found out that Wendy Williams was producing it. That movie was going to be an uphill struggle.

Slayven

Break dancing and broken english

Paco_Ramone_01.jpg

First Muslim Gl and his origin involves a car bomb

08.jpg

Kreed

It's that time of the year again:

AMSTERDAM, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Police arrested 60 people on Saturday as protesters clashed at a traditional Dutch festival for children which critics say is racist, but that many locals defend as harmless fun in the run up to Christmas.

The event re-enacts the arrival of Saint Nicholas, bringing presents for children and helped by his sidekick Black Pete, who is invariably played by a white person with a blackened face.

The celebration is increasingly seen as racist in a country that has become more diverse and multi ethnic since World War Two. But supporters of Black Pete say he is an integral part of Dutch culture that is now underfire from outsiders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/15/black-pete-arrests_n_6163926.html

Video:

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.htm...ction=newsone_hom_non_sty_pp&videoId=28155493

Everyone knew it was going to be bad when her family didn't approve. And when we found out that Wendy Williams was producing it. That movie was going to be an uphill struggle.

Yea, that too. Wendy touching anything is an automatic no from me.

It'd be much more challenging to pick out good examples really.

Slayven

I knew Wendy Williams wasn't shit, but I found out she was dirty when she was running off her mouth about Method Man's wife's cancer.

Kreed

The black people there are more restrained than I'd be, cause I'd probably show up every Holiday as Sinterklaas in white face.

You'd need to turn it up a notch to really bring the point across. Carry a whip, and bring a black friend dressed as a slave with one of those "Black Pete" hats.

Furyous

I knew Wendy Williams wasn't shit, but I found out she was dirty when she was running off her mouth about Method Man's wife's cancer.

The interviewer IMMEDIATELY gave the I'm-just-doing-my-job-please-chill explanation. That was foul on her part.

I'd smang a younger version of her.

BCT, we have 36 hours until GTA V is playable of new gen platforms. Who's trying to mob out online? Who's down to hit the strip club, make it Tsunami, drink a bit, and rabble rouse?

I wish GTA:O worked without a PS Plus subscription but whatevs.

The interviewer IMMEDIATELY gave the I'm-just-doing-my-job-please-chill explanation. That was foul on her part.

I'd smang a younger version of her.

BCT, we have 36 hours until GTA V is playable of new gen platforms. Who's trying to mob out online? Who's down to hit the strip club, make it Tsunami, drink a bit, and rabble rouse?

I wish GTA:O worked without a PS Plus subscription but whatevs.

Ill join you but it'll be a lil late.

Onemic

Im waiting for that PC version....next year.

Is kill la kill worth watching? I'm getting back into anime so should I waste the time?

I've already given my thoughts on that show....

I've actually thought about finishing up the series on netflix just to see if they evolve from the clear otaku fan service shit that the first 3 episodes were full of.

Furyous

Im waiting for that PC version....next year.

I think that version outputs video in 4K and 8K. Imagine ICE on GTA V in 8K. Meanwhile my retina macbook is on struggle status playing Deus Ex at medium settings in 2K. However, it should look great on PS4.

What I found really funny about the Halo MCC mishap was that I was kinda excited to watch the pro players I used to follow play it on twitch.

It slowly went from "Road to Level 50" ~ "Custom Games" ~ "...Campaign Mode
kttcoliflabbynsick
"

Imm0rt4l

I watched maybe 4 or 5 episodes of kill la kill. I don't really care if it's supposed to be commentary on anime or whatever, it's most every ridiculous anime trope turned up to 11 and I wasn't really in the mood for it at the time it was airing.

Just got the horrible idea to try and find ppl to dress up in black panthers new movie outfit but have them all in power rangers colors for when the movie comes out.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Kill La Kill is not a commentary on anything

It's the same series Imaishi has been making since Dead Leaves."Dumb shit is cool"

Onemic

Kill La Kill is not a commentary on anything

It's the same series Imaishi has been making since Dead Leaves."Dumb shit is cool"

It seems like its the Passions of the anime world.

Anyone that has seen Passions will know what Im talking about.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

No idea what that is

I'd compare it to video game stories that like to go "WHO CARES ITS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME *guitar riff* "

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you know you fucked up when Slayven is calling your grandpa

I don't know if you can say that KLK is anime Passions.

Passions was general fuckery for the sake of general fuckery and the general fuckery of it all was so good to watch.

The show hit every single soap opera trope and did it with a smirk and I loved every bit. Timmy (RIP) & Tabitha straight killed it. Theresa X Ethan 4 EVA! Alastair was so based but I still don't think he's touching either Victor though. I read the book about the show in high school. I was into the show that much. They deemed that whole book non-canon which was all fucked up.

Shouts to TC for one time! BlackGAF, y'all would brand that dude a hero because his hatred for the white man was unparalleled. Luis' hatred the white man rivaled TC's for different but similar reasons. You were either hating the Cranes, in love with one, working for one or trying to genocide that whole family tree. Good fucking times.

KLK beyond all the "fanservice" is a compelling story with some great action set pieces to support it all. Other than said "fanservice" the general fuckery is kept to low levels.

Slayven

I don't know if you can say that KLK is anime Passions.

Passions was general fuckery for the sake of general fuckery and the general fuckery of it all was so good to watch.

The show hit every single soap opera trope and did it with a smirk and I loved every bit. Timmy (RIP) & Tabitha straight killed it. Theresa X Ethan 4 EVA! Alastair was so based but I still don't think he's touching either Victor though. I read the book about the show in high school. I was into the show that much. They deemed that whole book non-canon which was all fucked up.

Shouts to TC for one time! BlackGAF, y'all would brand that dude a hero because his hatred for the white man was unparalleled. Luis' hatred the white man rivaled TC's for different but similar reasons. You were either hating the Cranes, in love with one, working for one or trying to genocide that whole family tree. Good fucking times.

KLK beyond all the "fanservice" is a compelling story with some great action set pieces to support it all. Other than said "fanservice" the general fuckery is kept to low levels.

ReXXXSoprano aka Ms.Jenkins knows her "stories"

I used to hate when my grandma would complain to me after picking me up from school

"Boy hurreh up I need to play my numbers and go watch my stories.."

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
KLK is basically the condensed soup version of Naruto

That's about the best way I can describe it without going into spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom