• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReXXXSoprano aka Ms.Jenkins knows her "stories"

Back in the day when you were suspended from school before the cartoons came back on and it was that weird hour after Sesame Street when nothing was on PBS and it was either stories or the back end of Nick Jr. which sucked because the good shit was in the middle.

Before that you had Springer & Price is Right back to back before the news came on. 11:30, Barker was pimping and Rod Roddy was telling somebody they might win a BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!

Passions was that gateway into all those other daytime soaps too. I remember getting heavy into Days when that show revolved around Chloe & Philip. That whole plot was nuts. I was into General Hospital for a brief stint too before it was lost on me. Hell, I periodically watch some Bold & The Beautiful and Y&R when I be around my aunts too.

Honestly though, I was heavy into early BH90210 & falling into that Dawson's Creek/Savannah/Rosewell hole on TheWB back in the day too.

I just have a thing for the drama which reminds me I'm still pissed at TNT for dropping Dallas right as it was about to get good again!

I used to hate when my grandma would complain to me after picking me up from school

"Boy hurreh up I need to play my numbers and go watch my stories.."

Days at my Granny-Granny's house used to be murder when I was kid. She'd sleep all morning and like clockwork when 12:30 hit and The Bold & The Beautiful came on and you knew it was time to change it to Channel 4. That was right after Eureka's Castle too. Memories.

Slayven

Eureka's Castle and Today's Special was my shit, And the adventures of The Little Koala.

Noozles.jpg

The pink one was always starting shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The story in KLK was extra meh and the action might've been better if they bothered to animate more than just half the time. Also, its pacing issues after the first 7 episodes make watching it a chore. Its highs are high - but its lows are frequent and not even entertaining.

It gave us Satsuki and her mom though so I can't ever hate on it too hard.

Onemic

I could not stand Passions fuckery. That shit was too much.

I mean, the end of the whole series had a dude that got raped and impregnated his rapist marry the girl in one big happy ceremony. I had no words.

I could not stand Passions fuckery. That shit was too much.

I mean, the end of the whole series had a dude that got raped and impregnated his rapist marry the girl in one big happy ceremony. I had no words.

That was the best part though. Fuckery from all directions. The fuckery was generalized from two sources. Either Tabitha or Alistair. All fuckery one way or another could trace their origins back to the two of them.

That Miguel/Kay/Charity shit was fuckery of the highest order. At some point that story thread involved a mermaid name Siren and that was after the 1st actor who played Miguel left and became a cast member on Desperate Housewives and they would regularly hint at that shit too for some laughs.

Mortemis

Banned
LOL, Passions man. I remember all I wanted to do was watch some afternoon cartoons but my mom would hog the TV with that shit.

Shit was pure fuckery, only soap opera I watched.

I liked og BW over BW2 myself.

Pokemon gens: 4 > 6 > 5 = 2 > 1 > 3

I didn't know opinions could be this wrong.

3 > 6 = 5 > 2 > 1 > 4

While the physical / special split was desperately needed and HGSS were terrific, I just wasn't drawn into DPPt the same way I was with the other gens.

5 barely edges out 2 for giving us some of the greatest Pokemon ever. Volcarona is on some next-level shit with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance.

harSon

Banned
The story in KLK was extra meh and the action might've been better if they bothered to animate more than just half the time. Also, its pacing issues after the first 7 episodes make watching it a chore. Its highs are high - but its lows are frequent and not even entertaining.

It gave us Satsuki and her mom though so I can't ever hate on it too hard.

Yeah,
it gave us her fucking mom finger banging her.

G-Fex

So you guys not only overreact over something like .Neptunia thing

But then you guys watch essentially some shit that's 100x worse sounding.

That's hilarious.

Jandro you know what to do.

GTAV for best soundtrack though?

Not while San Andreas still exists in this timeline

For the licensed stuff, San Andreas.

For the original music that Tangerine Dream/DJ Shadow/Alchemist/Oh No/Woody Jackson all did? No contest. That shit is legit driving music.

Did around 100-140 listening to that and Dangerous Days during my escape from the Bay.

Thank you for the answers.....

Not the answers I expected at all.........

nope.....

not at all............

Edit: Slay, you never cease to amaze. Her little pink ass was always starting shit. But the other day tell me why I was rocking Maya the Bee theme song and singing to that shit like I was 3.
That and Cities of Gold....... shit brings a tear to my eyes.

Im gonna go and listen to cadillactica.......

For the licensed stuff, San Andreas.

For the original music that Tangerine Dream/DJ Shadow/Alchemist/Oh No/Woody Jackson all did? No contest. That shit is legit driving music.

Did around 100-140 listening to that and Dangerous Days during my escape from the Bay.

Listening to the entire thing right now. Why don't these dudes do movies? Would be dope in a F&F move.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, man. Weirder shit's happened.

like a phantom dust sequel.

I'm not saying 1 can't happen

but it's a pretty huge redflag when a leak says everything that fans have wanted + cancelled projects are now on their way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom