• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the one girl from DC comics who's always drawn almost naked for no reason?

Probably Star Sapphire?

Carol_Ferris_Star_Sapphire_Corps.jpg

At some point, DC realized that costume sucked, so she's more Green Lantern-y.

GLNG0_1.jpg

G-Fex

Starfire gains power from the Sun so that's her (not really justifiable reason cuz superman doesn't need to do that) reason for being naked.

Kryptonian differs from ..whatever she is?

I have no clue honestly, I thought that controversy was old with her skinny dipping or something? I thought DC changed her back? D:

cdyhybrid

Is it the same old same WoW, im getting that itch again and I thought Destiny would help scratch it.

I think it's the best the game has been, but it's still early. Art/music/questing etc. are all improved (the art and music are amazing), although the core issue with questing is still there ("How do we make it seem like you're not collecting bear asses even though you are collecting bear asses?"). Garrisons are awesome, and they've removed a lot of the unnecessary complexity with skills and equipment.

If you have nostalgia for Burning Crusade or even the older Warcraft games (all the orc clans, etc.) I'd say it's worth checking out. It's still WoW, but it's the best WoW so far.

DominoKid

Ragyo was evil as all hell. She
molested her kids, basically raped them, brainwashed them, literally threw one in the garbage, etc..
. The only problem was the presentation creating some wild ass dissonance with the story. As a villain, she was top tier.

Edit: Returning to Vice City would be dope.

Great villain with great theme music

I have no clue honestly, I thought that controversy was old with her skinny dipping or something? I thought DC changed her back? D:

The controversy was that they gutted her personality for the new52 version of her and rewrote the lore surrounding her race so that she was physically incapable of forming meaningful relationships(platonic or otherwise) with people and only wanted sex just cause.

Also typical comic book women spinal problems.

And yeah, they tried to fix her but I'm not sure what she's like now.

Nah she was fucking indiscriminately while being naked and being a male fantasy..that's pretty much it.

Boring character though. They need to integrate Roy and Jason into something else.

Malyse

Is kill la kill worth watching? I'm getting back into anime so should I waste the time?

There is a number of things to watch before that. Like Tora Dora, Golden Time, Nagi no Asukara, Kyousogiga.

Im waiting for that PC version....next year.

I've already given my thoughts on that show....

I've actually thought about finishing up the series on netflix just to see if they evolve from the clear otaku fan service shit that the first 3 episodes were full of.

It's garbage. I couldn't make it past the fifth episode.
----
What's so appealing about amiibos? People going crazy for them and I don't get it.

I think opinions on things you give up on especially so early are invalid.

So you guys not only overreact over something like .Neptunia thing

But then you guys watch essentially some shit that's 100x worse sounding.

That's hilarious.

Jandro you know what to do.

Neptunia came out of left field with its shit.
KLK showed stuff like this in the previews, we knew where it was heading.

Yeah,
it gave us her fucking mom finger banging her.

Actually it was more of a rape. Disco mom is super rapey.

i got that Ration Money, fuck these people i bought the election for 2x vehicle speed (The Tomorrow Children), threw 50 at it and won it handily with 78% of the votes

Finally finished Space Dandy. It may be the only anime I can tolerate/enjoy. Still need to check out that stuff DY recommended, but Attack on Titan got worse for me after trying to go back to it.

G-Fex

The controversy was that they gutted her personality for the new52 version of her and rewrote the lore surrounding her race so that she was physically incapable of forming meaningful relationships(platonic or otherwise) with people and only wanted sex just cause.

Also typical comic book women spinal problems.

And yeah, they tried to fix her but I'm not sure what she's like now.

Nah she was fucking indiscriminately while being naked and being a male fantasy..that's pretty much it.

Boring character though. They need to integrate Roy and Jason into something else.

Oh right the nympho shit they pulled for some reason. I'm glad they called them out on that stupid stuff.

Can't we get one damn page without Dream or G Fex posting some hentai?

Based old man yelling.

I know you're old, but trust me. All anime isn't hentai.

Pretty sure it is. Anime is bad news.

Malyse

Oh right the nympho shit they pulled for some reason. I'm glad they called them out on that stupid stuff.

I mean if she was having sex and shit because her species doesn't have that same hang up as Earthlings do then it would be cool but they made her heartless and just not enjoyable at all.

Malyse

I'm sorry DD.

I just dislike anime anyway.

You're allowed to have your opinion. That being said, I personally believe that anime is more akin to movies or television. While it does have its own weird tropes and what not, I think saying that you don't like anime is akin to saying that you don't like movies or television. There's a wide variety of anime out there and unfortunately mostly the trash floats. There's admittedly a lot of waifu trash out there, but occasionally we get a Denno Coil or Ghibli film to counterbalance.

Kill la Kill is fucking great. I can't watch it in front of anybody though, shit would be mad embarrassing. Especially when it got to the mother scenes where she was being creepy as fuck with the daughter.

G-Fex

You're allowed to have your opinion. That being said, I personally believe that anime is more akin to movies or television. While it does have its own weird tropes and what not, I think saying that you don't like anime is akin to saying that you don't like movies or television. There's a wide variety of anime out there and unfortunately mostly the trash floats. There's admittedly a lot of waifu trash out there, but occasionally we get a Denno Coil or Ghibli film to counterbalance.

Sorry but I don't share the same onion you have. I don't feel it's the same. But that's fine. I can admit there's no anime for me nor one that would ever interest me really.

But again it's my onion on anime so feel free to disagree.

Slayven

Esco please, Untiy commerical and you not going to use "No Flex Zone"? And the game is about the the French Revolution which started cause folks were flexing?

Gorillaz

Kill la Kill was fun for watching people try to actually explain and justify the fuckery. Dudes acting shocked that others found the show fucking weird.

True.

had dudes tell me KLK was the "savior of anime"

if that shit was suppose to save the genre then it's pretty much fucked

it had good fights and it is fun rewatching them but I ain't trying to let that shit show up in my netflix queue

Malyse

Kill la Kill was fun for watching people try to actually explain and justify the fuckery. Dudes acting shocked that others found the show fucking weird.
KLK is the anime equivalent of "good for a video game plot". Fucking dumb as shit most times, but well animated and well choreographed fights, with a downright glourious musical score and some really entertaining characters. Harime Nui is the GOAT.

Oh! And I would be fucking remiss to not mention Madoka and Selector Infected WIXOSS.

Sorry but I don't share the same onion you have. I don't feel it's the same. But that's fine. I can admit there's no anime for me nor one that would ever interest me really.

But again it's my onion on anime so feel free to disagree.

Have you seen Spirited Away?

Onemic

had dudes tell me KLK was the "savior of anime"

if that shit was suppose to save the genre then it's pretty much fucked

So much this.

I only watched it because dudes were acting like it was gonna be the second coming or some shit. Boy was I surprised what they had in store for me.

I think I will finish the season though, just so I can truly see how bad it becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom