• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jWILL253

Banned
I love anime as a medium and artform, but let's be really real here.

The fringe shit has become mainstream for the anime market. Remember that period from the 90's-2005 where nearly every anime that came stateside was dope? We're in the Opposite Land version of that period.

All we got now is loli/fanservice, mediocre tryhards with the occasional good episode, syndicates that have been on the air wayyyyyyy past their expiration dates, and the occasional diamond in the rough.

Malyse

had dudes tell me KLK was the "savior of anime"

if that shit was suppose to save the genre then it's pretty much fucked

it had good fights and it is fun rewatching them but I ain't trying to let that shit show up in my netflix queue

Yeesh. Imagine what kind of recommendations that would cause.

Malyse

The fringe shit has become mainstream for the anime market. Remember that period from the 90's-2005 where nearly every anime that came stateside was dope? We're in the Opposite Land version of that period.

All we got now is loli/fanservice, mediocre tryhards with the occasional good episode, syndicates that have been on the air wayyyyyyy past their expiration dates, and the occasional diamond in the rough.

Those diamonds aren't nearly as rare though. The problem is that the noisiest fans are the ones who love shit. And that otaku yen is kinda worth it. I mean, if I can sell some fools hundreds of dollars of merch every time they walk in the store, welp.

Also, there is way more moe bullshit than loli bullshit.

That being said, Higurashi is an excellent loli/moe anime.

crying laughing

Slayven

Cause the Otaku are the only ones welling to throw down money on the regular,

I swear people in OT get way too comfortable.

Link?

...so whats y'all favourite Luffy special?

Anime specials only.

luffy-elephant-gatling-o.gif

If you wanna recommend me an anime then you're gonna have to be able to explain the premise to me in front of your mom, a couple of your co-workers and the girl/guy you're currently chasing.

If you can't do that then I'm probably not interested in checking it out.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like we have this "what's really wrong with anime" discussion every week

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If you wanna recommend me an anime then you're gonna have to be able to explain the premise to me in front of your mom, a couple of your co-workers and the girl/guy you're currently chasing.

Giant Robo is the best

So is Legend of Galactic Heroes

You still won't watch either one of those shows though

Malyse

I can easily do that for a number of things I've seen. I have eccletic tastes, but that's just for my personal choices. I mean, stuff like Bebop and Ghibli and maybe even Trigun work on a basic level. Oh and I guess Death Note goes on that list too.

----

So now I'm getting random hate PMs? K.

Got my WiiU today, updated everything, then forgot that I had my NNID linked on my friend's console. Couldn't contact him, so I had to go through customer support. Luckily I never bought anything on that one, so the transfer was easy.

Then he contacts me about an hour ago telling me how the process literally takes 3 minutes (he used to work there lol), and might be done quicker than 2 business days depending on how many people were in front of me.

What a day.

harSon

Banned
Fortunately there's probably a few dozen old series of legitimately good anime that I can watch, so even if anime is dead, I'm probably set for a long time. Considering I average like 2 series a year if I'm lucky Lol.

jWILL253

Banned

Silver Spoon.

*drops mic*

That anime is about as obscure and family-friendly as it gets, though.

So now I'm getting random hate PMs? K.

Screenshot the evidence, then shine the Bish symbol...

Gorillaz

Space Dandy is the Messiah of anime for the fact they had the narrator say "bring your bae to the vaca if she got the skrilla".
It made me seriously consider if Black Lagoon was gonna be topped after that line

Psycho Pass isn't bad if you just go along with it and it's fuckery of a plot. Especially if your into that whole Minority Report Sci-fi reality

Slayven

Got my WiiU today, updated everything, then forgot that I had my NNID linked on my friend's console. Couldn't contact him, so I had to go through customer support. Luckily I never bought anything on that one, so the transfer was easy.

Then he contacts me about an hour ago telling me how the process literally takes 3 minutes (he used to work there lol), and might be done quicker than 2 business days depending on how many people were in front of me.

What a day.

Malyse

What a day.

What are you gonna get?

Just Say no to Death Note
First half is great. I recommend the live action movies though. Not as well produced, but I like how the narrative ties up.

Oh, but let me warn you away from the Monogatari series. That's some "its not what it looks like!" anime
also my favorite anime franchise

Malyse

I couldn't believe how garbage DMC was. All they had to do was copy Hellsing. I just knew Bayonetta's anime was gonna be gahbage.

They didn't start the party untile the last fucking ep and it wasn't even a good fight.

The Bayo one especially is unwashed ass. No jokes at all, they play it 100% straight

I would have half forgiven then if they had had the decency to play Fly My to the Moon at least once. Seriously, until I played Bayo 2 that song was literally all I remembered from the first game. I didn't even remember the name Cereza.

hmm i'm sure this guy found a exploit in this game. between player ranking registrations he went from 0 to 8100 when me and the #2 guy went from 2k to 3k

seriously what would even give that many points getting all 200+ ppl revived, all our crystal, wood, metal, energy and coal storage alone wouldn't even come up with 8k toil score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom