• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

DC made the villain Gorilla Grodd ruler of the entire African continent.

jk8fVZC.gif

How did that one get by editorial?
DC stay on bullshit.

They really need to look into an "Ask a black guy" program for these types of things

FLSP_Grodd_Cv1-417x650.jpg

"So hey we're planning on making a giant gorilla king of Africa. Yeah, the whole dark continent ruled by a big ape, ya know? That's cool, right?"

If and when he gives you
qpk3a.png
rethink your strategy

Crocodile

whoa dere

you went beyond ham breh

"I've gone a level even further beyond ham. I call it Super Ham 3"

Its a show about despair and how getting what you want isn't always a good thing.

----

Y'all close minded.

Seriously. Hate the show because of what it is not what you think it might possibly be.

Little Witch Academia is fantastic. Yoshinari is a very talented director.

Should have been Trigger's first TV series over KLK.

I'm still waiting for that second OVA I kickstarted. But yeah I agree with you.

Slayven

They really need to look into an "Ask a black guy" program for these types of things

"So hey we're planning on making a giant gorilla king of Africa. Yeah, the whole dark continent ruled by a big ape, ya know? That's cool, right?"

If and when he gives you
qpk3a.png
rethink your strategy
H4H10.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Nah you just can't accept that something you like is bad.

You can't be telling people this after recommending that people watch Psycho Pass in here

Some consistency please. They're made by the same guy even.

J10

Banned
The ape kingdom right? Now black people, pleas don't tell me it's black people

DC oked this remember

I don't read much DC outside of Batman and Superman. This level of fuckery can't be common anymore though. This was in 2011 for fuck's sake.

Bringing this stuff up randomly here because I have a speech to do this week on female/minority treatment in comics over the years and I'm just searching for some filler content.

Malyse

You can't be telling people this after recommending that people watch Psycho Pass in here

Some consistency please. They're made by the same guy even.
Madoka >>> Pyscho Pass by a long shot. I liked PP, but Madoka was incredibl
y unsettling
. Though I'm not sure it needed a second season

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm of the opinion that Urobuchi is an overrated hack lol. So I don't really like either series

but I'll be watching season two of Aldonoah Zero anyways so fuck what I think

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If I thought I could get people to watch Magical Girl anime in general, I would be prepping Heartcatch. Madoka is just a damn fine series and highly regarded with good reason. IMO its one of those series that transcends personal preference. And Rebellion is one of the best conclusions to anything ever.

Im suprised you arent repping precure in here

Malyse

Panty and Stocking

a show so bad that not even Imaishi stans could prop it up as anime's savior
That show was a trip. "Fuck it why not" the animated series.
I'm of the opinion that Urobuchi is an overrated hack lol

but I'll be watching season two of Aldonoah Zero anyways so fuck what I think
I skipped a whole season of anime this year. Couldn't be fucked to keep up with every series and review them all again. Okada Mari is the GOAT anime screenwriter.

Kreed

If and when he gives you
qpk3a.png
rethink your strategy

It also says a lot that they just have this one super villain take over an entire continent. You know they wouldn't have Grodd taking over North America or Europe like this without at least bringing the Legion of Doom as back up.

Slayven

I don't read much DC outside of Batman and Superman. This level of fuckery can't be common anymore though. This was in 2011 for fuck's sake.

Bringing this stuff up randomly here because I have a speech to do this week on female/minority treatment in comics over the years and I'm just searching for some filler content.

I am going to laugh if the Flash show makes Grodd a big black dude

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Madoka works a lot better if you're into Magical Girl anime since it deconstructs a lot of the common tropes and themes in those shows. If you just watching it without that frame of reference I don't think it works as well. Which is why I didn't like it.

It's to Magical Girls what Bokurano is to mecha. Except Bokurano is GOAT tier and a manga

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Jerk chicken is so good.

on that we can agree 100%

I thought madoka was one of those new-breed Magical Girl shows that's aimed at older male otaku?

Nah.

but I wouldn't be surprised if it was marketed that way.

It's no where near as bad as modern day precure though, where they create completely useless gadgets in the show for no other reason than to sell merch and toys of them lol

Malyse

Im suprised you arent repping precure in here
No point.

I mean, I can say the fights are at the same level as DBZ and much more frequent, but does anyone care? Madoka caught my eye because MG is my jam, but I recommend it because I think most people who see it will like it or at the very least appreciate it. Though I think Nanoha with all its serious themes like child abuse and emotional manipulation would be a better entry for adults. Precure appeals in the same way that Frozen does.

The creepy as fuck dudes like G Fex and Dream?
Look, we get that you old and can't keep up too well, but liking anime doesn't make you an otaku. Just like liking games doesn't make you a gamer. Fuck otaku and gamers. They are both toxic.

Slayven

Madoka works a lot better if you're into Magical Girl anime since it deconstructs a lot of the common tropes and themes in those shows. If you just watching it without that frame of reference I don't think it works as well. Which is why I didn't like it.

It's to Magical Girls what Bokurano is to mecha. Except Bokurano is GOAT tier and a manga

Carrangers-white_racer.jpg

Happened in power ranger's turbo. The season it was based on was a parody, and they didn't translate taht well.

Malyse

anecdotal, but this guy doesn't even watch anime like that and he liked it, so YMMV.

Also, you forgot Narutaru to Pokemon

ReiGun

Gaf dating threads are annoying. Too many people throwing out definitive statements for what can be a highly subjective, trial by error thing. Or trying too hard to either be super comforting and nice or giving out "tough love."

Every time I see an obvious pricing fuckup and people tripping over themselves to take advantage, all I can do is think back to that food stamp thread. Lol!

Malyse

Every time I see an obvious pricing fuckup and people tripping over themselves to take advantage, all I can do is think back to that food stamp thread. Lol!
I am fairly certain I made audible change the way their site works after I exploited an oversight for a few hundred dollars worth of audio books.

Slayven

I always think of Constanza and how scummy he was
And carranger single handedly brought sentaI back from the brink if I remember correctly?

it's a bit more complex than that, but long story short japan was going through some shit and needed the goofiness of Carranger

http://valsagfantasy.blogspot.com/2010/08/super-sentais-almost-cancellation-and.html

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Gaf dating threads are annoying. Too many people throwing out definitive statements for what can be a highly subjective, trial by error thing. Or trying too hard to either be super comforting and nice or giving out "tough love."

I always imagine dudes taking pages of notes from those threads and just being even more confused and paralyzed into inaction

What's your username?

First MMO that actually made crafting fun for me. That's like all I'm doing atm.

Character name or my actual username? I have two characters. One on Ultros and the other on Ifrit. Ifrit character is Black Mints, and Ultros character is Happy Mintie.

And yea pretty much the only MMO whose crafting system I like to the point I'm doing that more than anything else in the game.

Crocodile

SAO is cool if you consider the ending
to be Kirito and his love interest spending the rest of their lives in another town.
. SAO is dope and is Log Horizon.

NOPE

I mean I try to respect "different strokes for different folks" and all that but I can't let this fly. If you liked SAO, more power to you. To everybody else, STAY FAR AWAY!

Trey

So every possible reaction to a relationship thread annoys you? lol

Played Mario 3D World today. Glorious game. Bowser's Bullet Bill Brigade was amazing, and the cherry power up was so fun. I never knew controlling five Peaches simultaneously was something I wanted to do in life. Hope the game design hasn't peaked at world 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom