• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Did I? All I said was Madoka was wack as fuck. He caught feelings and we went from there.

Here's how this started. Dreamdrop shit on Mistwalker and you responded with this

Mistwalker is the Madoka of jRPG developers. :3

An innocent enough joke. Dreamdrop did catch feelings like you said, and if you just left it at that you'd have won.

but you didn't. lol

and now we're here. Two pages and at least 10 paragraphs of you hating on something you clearly don't know or care about in the least.

I just don't understand why you've labored away at this point for so long when it all started from a joke.

As for wathcing it, I watched 2 episodes on the suggestion of anime GAF and never looked back. I'm not down for that "you gotta watch the full thing before you hate it" crowd.

That's a cop out argument. That's like saying "You need to be really good at X game before you can dismiss it".

I'm not saying you have to watch it all to hate it. but it'd be nice to know a bit about it when you hate on it so hard. Like you've posted things that are flat out wrong(about it's popularity and influence on the medium) and still haven't stopped. You still pulling reasons to hate out of thin air to the point of just name calling. "TRITE OTAKU SHIT" lol

You the one catching feelings now bro. and I don't understand why

Is Mistwalker worth it??

Onemic

A better comparison with the whole illusion of choice thing with FF would be any pre FFX title vs FFX/FFXII. No world map, but largely the same amount of freedom in terms of sightseeing/ finding easter eggs/ etc. XIII doesn't have any of that shit for the first 30 hours.

Malyse

The only Musou style game I liked (if I dare use that word) was Capcom's Sengoku Basara. But as quickly as I liked them I was indifferent to them.

Never said Agito/Type 0 was a Chinese knockoff. That went over your head bruh.

And acting like there aren't levels to linear and open world. By your argument GTA is linear because to progress in the story you have to go to specific places in the order that Rockstar intends. :|

Edit: What DY said.

In GTA there's a ton of content outside of the story. In FF, what is there for the majority of the game outside of the story save grinding?

harSon

Banned
Final Fantasy 15 seems to be going in the literal opposite direction that 13 did. Looks like The Elder Final Fantasy Scrolls so far haha

Here's how this started. Dreamdrop shit on Mistwalker and you responded with this

An innocent enough joke. Dreamdrop did catch feelings like you said, and if you just left it at that you'd have won.

but you didn't. lol

and now we're here. Two pages and at least 10 paragraphs of you hating on something you clearly don't know or care about in the least.

I just don't understand why you've labored away at this point for so long when it all started from a joke.

I'm not saying you have to watch it all to hate it. but it'd be nice to know a bit about it when you hate on it so hard. Like you've posted things that are flat out wrong(about it's popularity and influence on the medium) and still haven't stopped. You still pulling reasons to hate out of thin air to the point of just name calling. "TRITE OTAKU SHIT" lol

You the one catching feelings now bro. and I don't understand why

Is Mistwalker worth it??

Reread, I didn't call Madoka trite otaku shit. I said he thinks is the best thing since sliced bread BECAUSE it's something different in the sea of trite otaku shit.

Come on Retro, if you're going to play sideline cheerleader/insitgator, at least do an admirable job at it.

Malyse

Speaking of Final Fantasy.

Been playing FFXIV quite a bit taking a bunch of screenshots (running at 2240x1400) with 4xSGGSSAA and HBAO+. Game looks soooooo good. Made a Flickr account.
Peep
https://flic.kr/ps/2XE7DG

What's your character look like?
Here's mine:
8tYtjAN.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lost my main in the last big update. haven't touched 14 since.

they gave me money like that would make up for it

threw it at a noob
Final Fantasy 15 seems to be going in the literal opposite direction that 13 did. Looks like The Elder Final Fantasy Scrolls so far haha

I wouldn't trust a thing they say about it tbh

I'll buy it anyways because I'm a whore, but I know that anything that's been in the oven that long is disappointment waiting to happen

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Reread, I didn't call Madoka trite otaku shit. I said he thinks is the best thing since sliced bread BECAUSE it's something different in the sea of trite otaku shit.

Come on Retro, if you're going to play sideline cheerleader/insitgator, at least do an admirable job at it.

That quote was aimed at FF13 looking back

but hey when you right you right. My bad

Keep on hatin

:3

Malyse

Actually, I think Madoka is just well worth watching and was impactful. I think Kyousogiga is the best thing since sliced bread and is one of my all time favorite anime.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

threw it at a noob

I'll buy it anyways because I'm a whore, but I know that anything that's been in the oven that long is disappointment waiting to happen
this has been proven time and time again. I almost felt bad for folks that were thinking that Duke Nukem game was going to be good.

Onemic add me bruh.

Actually, I think Madoka is just well worth watching and was impactful. I think Kyousogiga is the best thing since sliced bread and is one of my all time favorite anime.

I thought Kyousogiga was decent. I liked the animation/art direction, though I don't think I finished it. I can't do anime when I'm not feeling the art direction I just can't...Madoka is one of them.

threw it at a noob

Seriously, this. It's been too long. It doesn't even matter if the game is good any more because it's been held up as the ultimate JRPG/Final Fantasy game for 8 years. When it finally comes out and it's not as good as people "remember" their favourite Final Fantasy game being, there will be oceans of tears.

EDIT: Dreamdrop, I didn't think Prime was in development that long. I just thought it looked dreadful pretty much up until release.

Slayven

Malyse

Onemic add me bruh.

I thought Kyousogiga was decent. I liked the animation/art direction, though I don't think I finished it. I can't do anime when I'm not feeling the art direction I just can't...Madoka is one of them.

I totes get that. I mean, HeartCatch Precure looks fucking awful. But, once I got past that, I found one of the GOAT anime.

That being said, my personal tastes are not the same as my recommendations. I have eclectic eccentric taste with a predilection towards manic chaotic storytelling. Not everyone likes that. But I think a general audience could appreciate Madoka and that storytelling like Madoka is what the medium needs to continue being relevant in the future. It's what saves anime.

Seriously, this. It's been too long. It doesn't even matter if the game is good any more because it's been held up as the ultimate JRPG/Final Fantasy game for 8 years. When it finally comes out and it's not as good as people "remember" their favourite Final Fantasy game being, there will be oceans of tears.

EDIT: Dreamdrop, I didn't think Prime was in development that long. I just thought it looked dreadful pretty much up until release.
IIRC it was originally a third person N64 game.

I totes get that. I mean, HeartCatch Precure looks fucking awful. But, once I got past that, I found one of the GOAT anime.

IIRC it was originally a third person N64 game.

Then it's clearly the exception that proves the rule lol.

Can someone explain MMO Final Fantasy to me, it seems like it wouldn't work.

I cannot stand MMO games.

I honestly don't know the story for FFXIV very well, I find myself skipping 90% of the cutscenes. >.>

I just wanna craft man!

But the gist is you're simply an adventurer who has some connection with the crystal(s) and something about Echo that makes you immune to mental conditioning from the Primals. That's all I got for the grand story.

But other than that there are mini stories going on and yea.

Malyse

Think of it as open world Monster Hunter with leveling and crafting. There is a deep story that no one pays attention to. Also, I think 14 should have been a FNC game.

Onemic

That sounds like a game I would not enjoy. :( It's a shame, it looks really nice and I'm sure I'd find the lore interesting.

I wouldn't consider it being like MH at all considering I absolutely hate MH and think the game is trash.

Think of it like WoW, with a MUCH better crafting/gathering system, world PVE, less linear progression, and a bit of Animal Crossing thrown in(residences)

Malyse

That sounds like a game I would not enjoy. :( It's a shame, it looks really nice and I'm sure I'd find the lore interesting.
If you ain't too hard for cash, give it a shot when it goes on steam sale. I copped a copy for 15 with three months paid. My statement was admittedly reductive.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It should be a mode in Fifa 16.

Or Level 5 could make Inazuma Eleven for PS4 with that as a mode...I do love my sports RPGs.

that shit would never make it to the us.

weve only seen one inazuma game over here. level 5 is on some real fuck shit

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DA:I....buy or no?

What makes this not the trainwreck that DA2 was? I've been on media blackout with this game.

DA2 was shitmountain right off jump

not to mention it was churned out before it even had time to marinate.

DA:I - could care less about the story at this point (though every early review says its actually really good). I'm only down because its rocking the same MP as Mass Effect 3

Onemic

DA2 was shitmountain right off jump

not to mention it was churned out before it even had time to marinate.

DA:I - could care less about the story at this point (though every early review says its actually really good). I'm only down because its rocking the same MP as Mass Effect 3

How does the mp even work for the game.

I still haven't bought ME3 yet -_-

I wouldn't consider it being like MH at all considering I absolutely hate MH and think the game is trash.

Think of it like WoW, with a MUCH better crafting/gathering system, world PVE, less linear progression, and a bit of Animal Crossing thrown in(residences)

Still not sounding appealing lol.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah yeah, I'm late but I was just reading through some of the Aaliyah movie backlash. Damn people went in hard.

It was pretty obvious this movie would be straight trash but fuck lifetime. Glad to see basically everyone going in on that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom