• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
As far as I know nothing majorly new has happened. But this is likely a pre-empative declaration of emergency so local forces have an excuse to use certain executive powers and protocol only allowed during a state of emergency.
I put a good 20hrs+ into Blitzball.
That's a L.

As far as I know nothing majorly new has happened. But this is likely a pre-empative declaration of emergency so local forces have an excuse to use certain executive powers and protocol only allowed during a state of emergency.That's a L.

That's how I read it but I assumed the need for these powers was that they were getting ready to find the officer innocent and were preparing for the backlash.

Kreed

Yeah yeah, I'm late but I was just reading through some of the Aaliyah movie backlash. Damn people went in hard.

It was pretty obvious this movie would be straight trash but fuck lifetime. Glad to see basically everyone going in on that shit.
lxvy9HX.png

It's sad I could use that entire "can black people be offended by black comedians" thread in my philosophy of humor class if I had to turn in a end of class thesis. Shit is pretty much a review for my final.

Onemic

K&P and Boondocks are the downfall of the black community now brehs. Their only goal is to wallow in the self-hatred of the black man.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"One of the biggest video game company's of all time that has been around for 30+ years will probably still be around longer than this start-up TV station that just got made!"

Congrats brah you were right. Gold star.
That's how I read it but I assumed the need for these powers was that they were getting ready to find the officer innocent and were preparing for the backlash.
Fuck, you're probably right.

K&P and Boondocks are the downfall of the black community now brehs. Their only goal is to wallow in the self-hatred of the black man.

Add it to the list of "things that are holding black people back™"

Music
No fathers
Boondocks / K&P
Still using the N word
Voting democratic
Dismissing the psychology of the KKK
Dehumanizing stare
Aggressive steps
Being too uppity
Race baiting

Malyse

Music
No fathers
Boondocks / K&P
Still using the N word
Voting democratic
Dehumanizing stare
Aggressive steps
Being too uppity
Race baiting

Obama too. He apparently is only supposed to talk about racial issues.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Music
No fathers
Boondocks / K&P
Still using the N word
Voting democratic
Dehumanizing stare
Aggressive steps
Being too uppity
Race baiting
I'm still waiting for an explanation for "speaking aggressively"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The majority of them.

based on what? lol
This is the truth.

What counts as the "bad" tales games to you?

I usually don't care too much about story - but Graces F's story was so distractingly bad that it took away from the overall experience of the game. It was downright painful at times (the extra chapter was actually okay though)

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Malyse

based on what? lol

I usually don't care too much about story - but Graces F's story was so distractingly bad that it took away from the overall experience of the game. It was downright painful at times (the extra chapter was actually okay though)

More Tales games are objectively bad than good.

The plot is hung up on being deconstruction of the latest FF, iirc

-----
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=139270624

i can see how that tag was earned.

besada

Banned
Is there even modern civilization in Africa? Not according to DC!

Not true since nu52. Not only does Africa have its own Batman -- Batwing -- but it had an actual superhero team -- The Kingdom -- who betrayed the people.

And there was plumbing and electricity.

Unfortunately, DC had to spoil that by making the entire arc about child soldiers, tossing in "African" themed warlord villains, and eventually throwing away David Zavimbe -- Congolese police officer who was Batwing -- and replacing him with Lucius Fox's son, Luke. So Batwing becomes the son of the guy who builds all Batman's shit and Africa is completely forgotten, except Grodd.

can't even claim that its self-hate if at least one person can laugh at K&P, Boondocks, Chappelle, etc. and not feel like they hate themselves.

I also don't like how dude is parading Chappelle around like the nigga doesn't do racial humor anymore. Dude stopped because it was too much for him and to see people misunderstand his satire made him disillusioned. Dude couldn't handle it.

Slayven

Not true since nu52. Not only does Africa have its own Batman -- Batwing -- but it had an actual superhero team -- The Kingdom -- who betrayed the people.

Unfortunately, DC had to spoil that by making the entire arc about child soldiers, tossing in "African" themed warlord villains, and eventually throwing away David Zavimbe -- Congolese police officer who was Batwing -- and replacing him with Lucius Fox's son, Luke. So Batwing becomes the son of the guy who builds all Batman's shit and Africa is completely forgotten, except Grodd.

What about the Bwana Beast?

besada

Banned
What about the Bwana Beast?

We haven't heard from him since nu52, unfortunately. DC has been spending too much time trying to make Swamp Thing and animal Man into the same book.

Edit: Oops, apparently he showed up for Justice League International try-outs and got turned down.

based on what? lol

He gets it. The only saving grace was Pascal. Character development is horrible

Young Magus

Music
No fathers
Boondocks / K&P
Still using the N word
Voting democratic
Dehumanizing stare
Aggressive steps
Being too uppity
Race baiting

I laughed at that one. Also surprised that nothing regarding white-women/dating is on that list.

The majority of them.

bunk-the-wire.gif

based on what? lol

Graces F's story did suck, but I wanna see the English patch for Rebirth get released because that is supposedly worse than Graces

Yea I was trying to allude to this but got lazy and didn't feel like writing anymore. I guess I should have added in a RIP David.

harSon

Banned
Ya'll motherfuckers are always talking comics, so I copped a subscription to Marvel Unlimited (why doesn't DC have an equivalent?). Any recommendations?

How does the mp even work for the game.

I still haven't bought ME3 yet -_-

For Shame. ME3 MP is great.

There's streams up, it's 4-player co-op separate from the story.
Looks fun so far. We'll see if there's anything as fun as the Geth Trooper with Flamer and the Acolyte shitting on everything that isn't on your squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom