• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's not that I don't like black people, I just don't know that I could relate to someone in Agent Locke's situation, y'know? And I mean like, Halo's always been pretty well-established as having a classy community. What happens if this newfound interest by the... ehm... 'urban community' starts poisoning the franchise? Just imagine it, hearing the Halo theme coming from rap cars..."

EDIT: holy shit

B20h3BTCYAAncnb.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
All I want to know is how the game handles the open-world design. I don't want to go through another Ubisoft-style waypoint checklist or collect-a-thon.

there's still a bit of a collectathon but nothing close to the assholery of an asscreed game. it is there though... i wonder how it'll look late game when it matters though. still aren't there yet. i've put in nearly 20 hours and i only now decided to go to kirkwall lol. i love the open areas so far.

battle system took some getting used to. i was treating it like ME3 and its... well, depending on your class, you need to approach shit VERY differently. honestly it feels like a hulked up ff14 more than DA at times.

Malyse

"It's not that I don't like black people, I just don't know that I could relate to someone in Agent Locke's situation, y'know? And I mean like, Halo's always been pretty well-established as having a classy community. What happens if this newfound interest by the... ehm... 'urban community' starts poisoning the franchise? Just imagine it, hearing the Halo theme coming from rap cars..."

EDIT: holy shit

B20h3BTCYAAncnb.jpg

I refuse to accept anything in this post is real.

Thought the combat was fine in origins (on pc). Is it like that?

It's basically "Hold RT to auto attack, hit one of the four 3 face buttons to do a special move that has no real visual/audio impact" until whatever your fighting is dead.

Like I said some months ago. After playing Dragon's Dogma, these other companies need to step their shit all the way the fuck up.

Rozena Ally, y'all...

noah.png

She's also a webcam chick.

DY_nasty

It's basically "Hold RT to auto attack, hit one of the four 3 face buttons to do a special move that has no real visual/audio impact" until whatever your fighting is dead.

Like I said some months ago. After playing Dragon's Dogma, these other companies need to step their shit all the way the fuck up.

She's also a webcam chick.
????

if anything, I can't see shit with all the stuff going on. at times its straight up forced me to use the tac view

also, fought a dragon last night

they finally did dragons right

threw money at the screen

Nicole Smith

????

if anything, I can't see shit with all the stuff going on. at times its straight up forced me to use the tac view

also, fought a dragon last night

they finally did dragons right

threw money at the screen

Really? The only thing that obscures my vision is the one ice spell. But at the end of it all I just find the combat weak and not at all memorable. It's just serviceable to the game, I don't look forward to combat but at the same time it's not so bad to the point I hate it like ME1. It just exists.

This seriously would have been the best RPG ever if the combat was better.

DY_nasty

Nicole Smith

Really? The only thing that obscures my vision is the one ice spell. But at the end of it all I just find the combat weak and not at all memorable. It's just serviceable to the game, I don't look forward to combat but at the same time it's not so bad to the point I hate it like ME1. It just exists.

This seriously would have been the best RPG ever if the combat was better.

Oh you're doing the mage route

yeah :/

compared to other classes they're much, much more removed from the action because of cooldowns, barrier management, etc (especially the ice tree. there's like... 2 spells worth getting hype about). I really feel like the combat was designed around warriors entirely. they're just that much more responsive and involved. especially with the guard meter... they pretty much have double tank capacity with half of the job requirements.

DY_nasty

Ice tree is weak as hell imo. pretty good CC but eh... maybe blizzard is good enough to make up for everything else. i'll try it later today
Are mages still unfuckably broken?

No. Its pretty balanced between classes as far as I can see right now but as always its the late game that shows that kind of thing. The game has already made a pretty significant change up for me just between levels 4 and 12. A lot of stuff is dependent on the enemies and everything as well.... but there's nothing really standing out as "broke as fuck"

respec is an option too. which i fucking love.

jWILL253

Banned
Nicole Smith

My god. Bless you, my good man.

-----

Everything seems kida... still regarding Ferguson news. Kinda like a calm before the storm?

I wonder what will change if they do decide to riot. I mean, with a overwhelming non-white demographic in America, a Black president and more awareness thanks to social media, situations like this can't continue, right?

I mean, if shit doesn't change now, it never will...

Which Smash characters yall gonna main?

I'm feelin most sword fighters tbh. Toon Link/Shulk/Marth/Lucina/Ike/Dr Mario

I remember back in the Melee days where I used to main Mario. That forward air+A attack was something fierce. But then they changed the hit trajectories in Brawl and killed his moveset.

Whenever I eventually cop the new Smash, I'll probably end up using whoever has the best special attacks. Seems like the game is more geared towards that than utilizing a character's speed, or edge guarding, or setting up combos...

Malyse

My god. Bless you, my good man.

-----

Everything seems kida... still regarding Ferguson news. Kinda like a calm before the storm?

I wonder what will change if they do decide to riot. I mean, with a overwhelming non-white demographic in America, a Black president and more awareness thanks to social media, situations like this can't continue, right?

I mean, if shit doesn't change now, it never will...
Wat.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Creepy that people keep bringing up race in this cosby thing.
It might be people just talking shit when they don't really know what they're talking about rather than posting with a specific agenda. I've been seeing the same sort of posts in a few of the Cosby threads, whether it's focusing on weird points or veering into victim blaming territory with the women who came forward.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You thought it was JC

But I'm the Donkey Kong player

It was me all along. I don't care if he's bad in every game

Trey

Cosby Show was an amazing sitcom, damn. Characters felt real until the last few episodes when everyone became wacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom