• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 posts. And it will be a "I don't care what race if it's a good game".

"If black people want better representation they should make their own games. Developers are totes gonna write what they know and that is Dr. Dre sounding gun totin gangerbanger thugs! I just hate when videogames become PC bullshit"

is that real?

looks like shit tbh

Actual boxart (subject to change):

Halo5_2D_RP-Boxshot.png

My edit is basically a smorgasbord of a bunch of fears the Halo community has regarding Halo 5 - that they're phasing out Chief with Locke (even though I'd be for it if it were executed well), that Locke is actually going to kill Chief, etc.

The "comes with MCC beta" thing is because the Master Chief Collection's launched in a depressingly broken state, and the news of it came pretty much out of nowhere on launch. None of the reviewers had issues resembling the ones in the launch copies.

What happened?

The FOV slider is a feature you access when your copy logs onto the internet, which pirated copies obviously done. People complaining about no FOV slider looking real suspect right now.

My favorite of these anti-pirating deals was in Serious Sam 3, where an unkillable scorpion monster would just follow you around the whole game and made your experience miserable.

The FOV slider is a feature you access when your copy logs onto the internet, which pirated copies obviously done. People complaining about no FOV slider looking real suspect right now.

My favorite of these anti-pirating deals was in Serious Sam 3, where an unkillable scorpion monster would just follow you around the whole game and made your experience miserable.

I think Cracked had an article on some of the greatest anti-piracy measures and one of the games was a... well, I want to say "waifu simulator," except all the girls were like 12. It was for PC. Anyways, if you pirated the copy, as soon as it connected to the internet it'd post notifications on your Facebook account that not only did you play Uguu Simulator 2007, you pirated it.

I see. To be honest, the Serious Sam method sounds much more amusing (and something I'd want to try just for the hell of it actually...)

That one dude is really going hard over playing a black character.

"I get that it's your opinion that it's nice to see representation for people like you but can't you see that I don't want to play as people like you? It's ok though, I don't want to play like people like me either so I'm totally not racist. Just so you know."

Seriously, I don't get why he felt it important to try and shoot down the guy. Was this guy enjoying seeing black playable characters that hurtful?

I'm going to read the article after a shower, but now that I think about it I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten any substantial racially-charged questions asked at gaming Q&As at conventions and the like. At least, as far as I know - if there are major examples I'm unaware of feel free to fill me in.

I'm imagining a Halo panel scenario where some doober asks "Now, Frankie, I know you've said you guys are trying to emphasize personability and customization with this upcoming title, and I really respect that - is there any chance that we'll be able to change Locke's race or maybe play as a different character, so we aren't thrown into a situation we're uncomfortable with? I'd feel much more at home playing a blank slate like Chief, y'know?"

G-Fex

I'm going to read the article after a shower, but now that I think about it I'm kind of surprised we haven't gotten any substantial racially-charged questions asked at gaming Q&As at conventions and the like. At least, as far as I know - if there are major examples I'm unaware of feel free to fill me in.

I'm imagining a Halo panel scenario where some doober asks "Now, Frankie, I know you've said you guys are trying to emphasize personability and customization with this upcoming title, and I really respect that - is there any chance that we'll be able to change Locke's race or maybe play as a different character, so we aren't thrown into a situation we're uncomfortable with? I'd feel much more at home playing a blank slate like Chief, y'know?"

I wonder if my bad not bungie but ..microsoft will give into the phobia of actually playing as a *gasp* black man.

Kreed

Terry can play Bushmaster.

Is there a film/anything with Terry Cruise in it where he is a serious action character (not Expendables)? Everything I've seen with Terry Cruise in it has been goofy comedy roles. Which is fine and he does good in that lane, but I don't see a legitimate reason why people keep bringing him up to play roles like Black Panther/Luke Cage/Blade/etc... outside of his physical build and being black (trying to confirm if this is the only reason).

Slayven

Everything has to have 2 sides

Is there a film/anything with Terry Cruise in it where he is a serious action character (not Expendables)? Everything I've seen with Terry Cruise in it has been goofy comedy roles. Which is fine and he does good in that lane, but I don't see a legitimate reason why people keep bringing him up to play roles like Black Panther/Luke Cage/Blade/etc... outside of his physical build and being black (trying to confirm if this is the only reason).
Skimming his IMDB, none that I can see.

G-Fex

Playing as ninja turtles or battletoads, cool.

Playing as a blue hedgehog or a pink puff thing. Awesome.

Black dude? Whoa there, that line must be drawn. I can't relate to this!

Playing as ninja turtles or battletoads, cool.

Playing as a blue hedgehog or a pink puff thing. Awesome.

Black dude? Whoa there, that line must be drawn. I can't relate to this!

"I can't imagine myself as someone living in the ghetto" type of thinking.

I've actually heard someone say something along these lines.

J10

Banned

Both of those are ingenious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom