• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Attack on Titan thread.

A Japanese company turning a Japanese IP into a Japanese movie not featuring the "ethnically correct" characters from the manga. People losing their shit.

American companies turning Korean and Japanese IPs into an American movies not featuring the "ethnically correct" characters from original source. Everyone is fine because.

Malyse

A Japanese company turning a Japanese IP into a Japanese movie not featuring the "ethnically correct" characters from the manga. People losing their shit.

American companies turning Korean and Japanese IPs into an American movies not featuring the "ethnically correct" characters from original source. Everyone is fine because.
Double standard yes. But also:
Isn't it a plot point that Mikasa is a different race tot he others?
They prolly won't even bring it up in the movie, but it was a plot point in AoT that Mikasa was Japanese. I'd be more worried about if the actress can get properly ripped for the role.

In my defense, I most definitely make a stir in the second case, yet can understand the first case

DominoKid

According to Deadline, the current runners are Halo: Nightfall's Mike Colter and Lance Gross. I'm good with Colter, the other looks like black Channing Tatum.

I'd still prefer Omari Hardwick, but whatever.

more interested in seeing who they get to play Jessica Jones if they pick from the rumored names

Teresa Palmer
teresa-palmer-point-break.jpg

Jessica De Gouw (she was already in Arrow as Huntress. 2nd time around was better than the 1st)
Jessica-De-Gouw-in-Arrow.jpg

Krysten Ritter (big fan but i can't picture her in some comic book stuff)
Krysten-Ritter_510x417.jpg

Alexandra Daddario (gotta think she'd be the runaway choice if you polled the fans on these choices after that True Detective)
600full-alexandra-daddario.jpg

Malyse

more interested in seeing who they get to play Jessica Jones if they pick from the rumored names

Teresa Palmer
teresa-palmer-point-break.jpg

Jessica De Gouw (she was already in Arrow as Huntress. 2nd time around was better than the 1st)
Jessica-De-Gouw-in-Arrow.jpg

Krysten Ritter (big fan but i can't picture her in some comic book stuff)
Krysten-Ritter_510x417.jpg

Alexandra Daddario (gotta think she'd be the runaway choice if you polled the fans on these choices after that True Detective)
600full-alexandra-daddario.jpg
Last two have been long time crushes of mine. Prefer Alex for the role.

Kreed

This reminds me of that Dragon Ball live action movie thread . The amount of hoops GAFers were jumping through in order to make it ok for Goku to be a white dude was sickening. "Oh he's an alien, he can be a white guy, no one knows what Saiyans are supposed to look like in real life." But when you brought up the same argument with Superman you got "But Superman is clearly white".

I'm going to say no to Teresa Palmer because I think she'd be a better fit for the Supergirl show CBS picked up. Don't really have an opinion on the rest as I'm not familiar enough with JJ to know which actress would suit the role and I'd rather whoever they pick be capable of playing the personality well.

Slayven

None of them do it as jessica to be honest. She supposed to be hot but average. That's how I always took it.
Yeah like she would be the hot girl at Target instead of Walmart
I always pictured Jones as a woman who looked like she's been through some shit. A little older in the face than she actually is.

Yeah I said that in the other thread. All the women suggested so far look like little girls.

DominoKid

I always pictured Jones as a woman who looked like she's been through some shit. A little older in the face than she actually is.

it's still tv though. they're not going to pick a chick that's even "TV Ugly" or older than she looks to be the lead.

In my defense, I most definitely make a stir in the second case, yet can understand the first case

I can't understand the first case at all. It's a Japanese product that was created for the Japanese audience that's getting a movie treatment by a Japanese studio and people are expecting the screen to be filled with white people? In a country that's like 99% Japanese...yeeeeaaa.

If they were really upset then they should be complaining they speak Japanese in the manga/anime and not German >.>

Logic went out the window with that argument.

I can't understand the first case at all. It's a Japanese product that was created for the Japanese audience that's getting a movie treatment by a Japanese studio and people are expecting the screen to be filled with white people? In a country that's like 99% Japanese...yeeeeaaa.

If they were really upset then they should be complaining they speak Japanese in the manga/anime and not German >.>

Logic went out the window with that argument.

I don't know what to say. Anyone who expects anyone but Japanese people in a Japaenese movie are only setting themselves up for dissapointment

Malyse

I doubt full on, but slowly revealed. Maybe in teh defenders or if they do a second season.
Him showing up in Secret Avengers was one of my favorite comic moments. You could see his asshole clenching when Luke told him that his powers wouldn't work on Luke anymore. Cue beating.

andthebeatgoeson

Cosby done fucked up.

To the guy who wondered why he Cosby didn't deny it was because the heat was coming one way or another. People coming out the woodwork just because he 'was a nice guy.' If that nigga denied it, it would be 10 times worse. You have Janice Dickerson crying; no one will like him except a few black people that will assume it's racial. And that's not a guarantee now that he's spent 15 years yelling at black people from afar.

He just needs to fade away, cancel everything for the next lifetime and go die with Camille looking at him with a rich side eye.

I'm wondering if Don Lemon is attempting to help a fellow member of the "pull up your pants black people" club with his victim blaming nonsense (you were a victim too, Don). Oh crap, this means that Charles Barkley is going to say something soon...:(

People with Skin OT? Link meh!

Japanese movies in general lack polish. Lack of post processing depresses me, they leave them shits at 60fps sometimes with light bleed and overblown whites everywhere and I'm Japan pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom