• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made this / posted it over in the "catharsis as a black protag" thread:

iDEgJUyiTGzKk.png

andthebeatgoeson

Watching players club. This thing has aged like hell. So basically, Dream's liver is like ice cube's career. Spent 20 years doing dirt and at the end, your not sure exactly where it went wrong but it's definitely looking flabby and sick.

Crocodile

The comic is on point but could probably be half as long and still get the point across. Editing is your friend. But I don't mean to be harsh because, again, its on point.

The comic is on point but could probably be half as long and still get the point across. Editing is your friend. But I don't mean to be harsh because, again, its on point.

Well sure, but the intent of the comic is to drive the point home to all demographics, even if most of BCT could have made the same point in about two sentences. Part of the reason for the length is establishing just how crazy wide the spectrum of "relatable" characters are, which is what makes it all the more tragic when you get to a character nearly perfect for the gamer only for the protag to be "ruined" because he's black.

Stolen and tweeted (with permission of course)

feel free!

Gorillaz

Watching players club. This thing has aged like hell. So basically, Dream's liver is like ice cube's career. Spent 20 years doing dirt and at the end, your not sure exactly where it went wrong but it's definitely looking flabby and sick.
Ice Cube gave us Barbershop and Friday, breh

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
just got news that all i have to do is pass some super weird test and i get an all expense army-paid trip to cali to learn japanese

cheers to first impressions

DY_nasty

こんにちはブラザー

Ha you're going to Monterey.

My sister's doing that for the Air Force in March.

Congrats mang/おめでとうございます。

This...hell we might even meet.

DY,

Drive to Casa De Fruta and get me some pomegranate wine.

daps all around

shook as fuck over this test though. i usually blow stuff like it out the water but its supposedly founded on the basis of 'other shit'.

andthebeatgoeson

Ice Cube gave us Barbershop and Friday, breh

I still won't feel better about watching that movie tonight.

I hate insomnia with a passion.

Then I turn to OT GAF. My 2nd mistake.

'My friend is dying of cancer and it's hurtful to watch people pray. Did anyone ask me about my feelings, breh? I'm an atheist, god damn it'

You don't think so? He's just a street level vigilante. Works as well as Shield and their antics that Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye have no part in.

I definitely don't think so. How does a guy like that operate in a world with Superheroes? Every time they don't bring him in that's tacit approval of his actions. Which looks really bad. "I won't kill but I won't stop you from killing them Frank, so my conscience is clean!"

DY_nasty

'My friend is dying of cancer and it's hurtful to watch people pray. Did anyone ask me about my feelings, breh? I'm an atheist, god damn it'

thought you were joking

lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Lmao

andthebeatgoeson

And then he got salty about not winning a MTV movie award. But honestly he's been dead to me since he was running around in a wet suit in XXX State of the Union.........it wasn't a good look.
'Member those days people would get salty about not getting 5 mics? You think they feel silly now? Does The Sauce even publish a magazine anymore!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Lee Daniels is making a horror movie? Lowkey curious, even if I'm not that big a fan.

The victims are gonna have the plight of all of Black America, on top of the demons.

King of Drunknown BCT in this motherfucker. That's right got off work and Carolina clear and oj. Just chugged that shit. I gets maybe 10 minutes tops.

Riovane is king dammir. The mothermother king in the bitch.

I can't believe that thread is about THAT! The fuck..lol. I am the most nonreligious person I know, but..WHAT? Some people are just sooo self absorbed.

I definitely don't think so. How does a guy like that operate in a world with Superheroes? Every time they don't bring him in that's tacit approval of his actions. Which looks really bad. "I won't kill but I won't stop you from killing them Frank, so my conscience is clean!"
How come Tony wasn't interested in Mandarin until he got that direct call out? Where was Cap at on that?

When aliens and robots are threatening entire cities, I could see it taking a while before the Avengers turn an eye to a guy killing violent criminals, especially with Shield in taters and their ability to gather intel hindered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom