• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is awesome.
For convenience, Zdarsky's previous Marvel work:

JBeIMpM.jpg

lcDADpf.jpg

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
What Em says about Iggy is vile. But every time something goes down with the girl, I get reminded of the disgusting things she's said over Twitter and I just want nothing to do with her. I feel bad for it, but she says some truly gross shit and I can't ignore that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What Em says about Iggy is vile. But every time something goes down with the girl, I get reminded of the disgusting things she's said over Twitter and I just want nothing to do with her. I feel bad for it, but she says some truly gross shit and I can't ignore that.

not to takeaway but to add on

em's been throwing that same type of talk around for over a decade now

its like people just casually refuse to acknowledge that its part of the package of eminem whenever its convenient

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

its like people just casually refuse to acknowledge that its part of the package of eminem whenever its convenient

Yep, and that's why I'm not surprised by it. He's said a lot of vile things and no one's ever batted an eye. I don't like most of his lyrics for this reason but he's made good stuff.

I dunno if I find it ironic or what, but Iggy says gross shit and no one's calling her out, but let people who have been doing this shit for years (Snoop, Em) say something about her, it's controversial? Smh.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
further down that same train of thought

i think people here also forget that power fantasies through music are like... common as fuck

do people OD on that shit? absolutely. but i'm not gonna pretend that i didn't crank up DMX before i stepped on a basketball court or listened to BITCH GET IN before going to the club in a rental everything back in the day

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yep, and that's why I'm not surprised by it. He's said a lot of vile things and no one's ever batted an eye. I don't like most of his lyrics for this reason but he's made good stuff.

I dunno if I find it ironic or what, but Iggy says gross shit and no one's calling her out, but let people who have been doing this shit for years (Snoop, Em) say something about her, it's controversial? Smh.

They have. To point out what was said in gaf hop, the only difference is that he doesn't care, or break to the societal pressure and apologize (for the most part). If he says something, chances are that he'll tell whomever it is that is offended to eat a dick, and keep it moving. It also helps that he does his thing, then retreats into the shadows, so it isn't in your face constantly.

He's been called out since his inception. If not for being white, then it was the durag (LOL how could you ever know black pain LOL), then the stuff he was saying. He's a champ at dealing with it.

That race tape is about the only thing he's been forced to fall back from.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
They have. To point out what was said in gaf hop, the only difference is that he doesn't care, or break to the societal pressure and apologize (for the most part). If he says something, chances are that he'll tell whomever it is that is offended to eat a dick, and keep it moving. It also helps that he does his thing, then retreats into the shadows, so it isn't in your face constantly.

He's been called out since his inception. If not for being white, then it was the durag (LOL how could you ever know black pain LOL), then the stuff he was saying. He's a champ at dealing with it.

That race tape is about the only thing he's been forced to fall back from.

Makes sense, I suppose. Thanks for clarifying.

funny to see people refuse to grow as they age.

Beastie Boys condemn content in their early work while Em retreads it and triples down.

Beasties were also able to make worthwhile music in their later years, so that's two differences between them and Em.

Em 40-year old dude with a grown ass daughter talking about the same shit

Also, I got that Smash Bundle Wii U, NNID: ViewtifulJC, come fuck with ya boy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BCT needs to put their contact details up

Steam: Sunflower4000
PSN: Sunflower4000
Xbox Live: Sunflower4000
NNID: Sunflower4000

(I'm not inventive)

RP912

Banned

Beastie Boys condemn content in their early work while Em retreads it and triples down.

Beasties were also able to make worthwhile music in their later years, so that's two differences between them and Em.

Intergalatic>>>>>>the real slim shday

so whatcha want>>>>>>Encore

It hurts my heart to see folks not mention Beastie Boys as one of the pioneers of hip hop. Dudes were spitting some real shit over the years and tried to switch up their style. Unlike Em who is dope at lyricism, but I wish his fanbase would realize dude is like Seinfield with bars.

He's not really saying shit but it sounds clever.

You right about power fantasies. But twisted lyrics have been around for years.

If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal
If her daddy's poor just do what you feel
Speed along the lane
Do a ton or a ton an' twenty-five
When the sun goes down
You can make it, make it good in a lay-by

Read more: Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime Lyrics | MetroLyrics

cdyhybrid

"Faggot just means a wuss, he's not demeaning gay people."

Kreed

This isn't in response to you JC, just been seeing this train of thought in the original thread/GAF-Hop/this thread in regards to Eminem being 40+ now so I'm throwing my opinion on Em's age in here.

Does it really make a difference what age he and is daughter are now vs back when he wrote the lyrics? If a new artist came out with lyrics like this, they would be apologizing right now on twitter. IMO the real "issue" is times have changed. We (in general) were cool with Em saying this shit on his past albums because we were younger and society was different. Back then no one cared how much Eminem slammed gays, same with DMX, etc... Now, I don't think anyone would get a pass for this shit, "parody" or not. Eminem only does because it's been his gimmick for so long and his fans want to hear these things from him still.

While I'd love to see Eminem mature like Nas did with his lyrics as someone who listened to his old music, his age shouldn't make a difference on whether these lyrics are still acceptable or not.

besada

Banned

(I'm not inventive)

I'm the same on PSN, XB1, and Steam as I am on here. No Nintendo, though. anyone here is welcome to add me, but make sure you let me know who you are on here.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Nice Moris. This is exactly what I was trying to say.

Trey

My NNID is my username on GAF, minus the space.

Same as my username here, XiaNaphryz.

Adding, I'm Astarri

Yea, post some NNID's

Mines CountBlackule

(I'm not inventive)

Also, I got that Smash Bundle Wii U, NNID: ViewtifulJC, come fuck with ya boy.

Added.

For those of you interested, Off Topic has a thread on "Argumentative techniques which annoy you" right now that was created by Opiate. If there's a time you wanted to vent about "just can't relate" debates and nerd rage, now would be the time to do so.

just like those kids who think Halo was the first FPS game

or the ones who think CoD4 was the first

dHVvP9D.jpg

I've heard "Halo was the first shooter on consoles" before. After bringing up Goldeneye, it turns into "the first real good shooter," and after bringing up Perfect Dark, it turns into "the first real good modern shooter."

You have to admit Halo will always have a pretty prominent ingrain in the shooter environment purely because of recharging health bars and motion trackers, though.

"Hay guys ViewtifulJC here with another epic Halo cast."

xvavdQo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom