• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
RTJ2 is sooooooo goooooddd

RTJ 2.
xr0A4ah.png

This production is crazy.

I'm bumping the shit out of lie cheat steal. Sheeeeiiiiiiit, so good. This album brehs.

So the white trash convo (y'all still mean)...

I don't like its usage, but nine times out of ten that I've heard it uttered it has been from a white person referring to another white person, typically poor, but always exhibiting some questionable behavior.

I think it's more classist than racist, and definitely is a poor way to describe someone.

But that clique trying to make a stand for justice and battle gaf hypocrisy are cracking me up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a lot to hate. I hate the Playstation 2 for what it did to the GOAT system, the Dreamcast. I hate Peter Parker. I hate shit people like because I'm a douchebag.

but if it upsets someone, I love it
dghQI2H.jpg

J10

Banned
So the white trash convo (y'all still mean)...

I don't like its usage, but nine times out of ten that I've heard it uttered it has been from a white person referring to another white person, typically poor, but always exhibiting some questionable behavior.

I think it's more classist than racist, and definitely is a poor way to describe someone.

But that clique trying to make a stand for justice and battle gaf hypocrisy are cracking me up.

If I had to choose, I'd rather be called white trash than be called a nigger.

Platinum had less than a year to do Revengeance and people swear up and down that Revengeance is amazing (I wouldn't know, have yet to play it.)

Platinum has a history working with a publisher that couldn't care less about their games or what they do with them. So I can't put the blame on Nick or Acti, really.

P* have delivered under unreasonable conditions before, therefore Activision deserves no blame for putting them under unreasonable conditions this time?

If I had to choose, I'd rather be called white trash than be called a nigger.

Oh, easily. When someone is called white trash it's basically just "You're poor and low class". When they say nigger, you know there's some hate behind it. You're not just poor and low class, you're subhuman, you're deserving or no respect. They want you to hurt from hearing it. They're not even comparable IMO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If someone calls me white trash it bums me out because of the trash part. That's all. It doesn't even come into the same universe, much less planet, as what people compare it to. It's absolutely poor and low (or no) class, and that's all there is to it.

Revengeance is amazing as a package. Over the top enemies, godlike music, decent action. People crying over the reveal because they wanted the watermelon cutting simulator from the initial reveal just made it better.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There's a lot to hate. I hate the Playstation 2 for what it did to the GOAT system, the Dreamcast. I hate Peter Parker. I hate shit people like because I'm a douchebag.

but if it upsets someone, I love it
dghQI2H.jpg

Sega ruined the dreamcast, not the ps2. The same thing they did with the saturn.

Slayven

Sega ruined the dreamcast, not the ps2. The same thing they did with the saturn.

Dreamcast deserved better, it was a mighty system but even it could not support all those Ls Sega racked up post Genesis. In heaven they are still making Dreamcast games, and your Game Gear never runs out of batteries.

besada

Banned
If someone calls me white trash it bums me out because of the trash part. That's all. It doesn't even come into the same universe, much less planet, as what people compare it to. It's absolutely poor and low (or no) class, and that's all there is to it.

If someone calls me white trash, I can only assume they either don't know me or don't know what white trash is supposed to be, as I carry none of the typical indicators. I live in a house with no cars on the lawn, own no wife-beaters, don't drink, etc.

The emotional effect of being called white trash, to me, is roughly the equivalent of someone calling me "kike" in the assumption I'm Jewish. It basically passes through me and causes me to wonder why the person in question has made bad assumptions.

This is true of all racial slurs for me, because I got that white privilege shield. Now, if someone calls me a Republican...

Edit: Or Yuppie. But you can call me a DINK if you want.

Slayven

If someone calls me white trash, I can only assume they either don't know me or don't know what white trash is supposed to be, as I carry none of the typical indicators. I live in a house with no cars on the lawn, own no wife-beaters, don't drink, etc.

The emotional effect of being called white trash, to me, is roughly the equivalent of someone calling me "kike" in the assumption I'm Jewish. It basically passes through me and causes me to wonder why the person in question has made bad assumptions.

This is true of all racial slurs for me, because I got that white privilege shield. Now, if someone calls me a Republican...

But god help the man that calls you Threeboot Legion lover.

Dreamcast deserved better, it was a mighty system but even it could not support all those Ls Sega racked up post Genesis. In heaven they are still making Dreamcast games, and your Game Gear never runs out of batteries.

After buying the SegaCD and 32x, all Sega products that came after were destined to kiss my dick. Fuck Sega.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dreamcast brought the arcade home like no other system before it. :( and none have since.

Revengeance is amazing as a package. Over the top enemies, godlike music, decent action. People crying over the reveal because they wanted the watermelon cutting simulator from the initial reveal just made it better.

The music makes the boss fights incredible. Even though bayonetta and vanquish might be the better games I think Revengeance is platinum's GOAT. It was better than it had any right to be

So my brother took my 3DS to school and in the magical span of 30 minutes, he manages to lose it.

Now I gotta go file a police report. Fucking great.

--

so have we finally accepted that not everything Platinum makes is amazing? BEcause you know, Vanquish exists and it's a pretty bad game. As well as Infinite Space.

Agreed about Vanquish, and I'll throw Bayo in there too.
Revengence is their best game by far.

It was fun, and the music was fucking fantastic.

Even back then when they were released you should've known you had fucked up buying them

bruh, I was a kid and their marketing was amazing.

SegaCD @ launch was GAMES IN FULL MOTIONS! Shit 16-bit systems couldn't dream of doing. Who didn't love Dragon's Lair in the arcade? Except SegaCD's games were largely hot asshole juice, and the redeeming games (like Lunar: The Silver Star, Earthworm Jim CD and Hook CD) were few and far between. I remember the SegaCD launch commercials airing during In Living Color to this day. So good. But the system was so bad.

32X @ launch was all about getting the Star Wars arcade game and Virtua Racing, both of which were amazing arcade games. Both of which were smoldering shit on the 32X.

So I was going to buy a basic Wii U for around $200 at a pawn shop but they couldn't find it. So they sold me an elite Mario bros U bundle for the same price.

"I'm a piece of white trash I'll say it proudly, and I don't want to win this battle anymore I'm outtie. Here tell these people something they don't know about me"

Slayven

After buying the SegaCD and 32x, all Sega products that came after were destined to kiss my dick. Fuck Sega.
Sega owes you an apology.
bruh, I was a kid and their marketing was amazing.

SegaCD @ launch was GAMES IN FULL MOTIONS! Shit 16-bit systems couldn't dream of doing. Who didn't love Dragon's Lair in the arcade? Except SegaCD's games were largely hot asshole juice, and the redeeming games (like Lunar: The Silver Star, Earthworm Jim CD and Hook CD) were few and far between. I remember the SegaCD launch commercials airing during In Living Color to this day. So good. But the system was so bad.

32X @ launch was all about getting the Star Wars arcade game and Virtua Racing, both of which were amazing arcade games. Both of which were smoldering shit on the 32X.
But Nighttrap

gfs_37440_2_11.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sega owes you an apology.

But Nighttrap

gfs_37440_2_11.jpg

That's not even the Sega CD version slayven

0300.png

And I won't go so far as to say 'fuck sega' - I enjoyed Sonic CD, it's my favorite - but damn.

The 32X was garbage (bought because of Doom), and the first party turds they crapped out were just...awful.

Still, Sega has a nice spot in my heart. Grew up with a Master System and Genesis.

strobogo

Banned
"HEY GAF, sell me on the Rosa Parks of video games"

"HEY GAF, who was the Rosa Parks of white people?"

Sunny. Dreamdrop. You have another mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom