• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I'm thinking about getting started on that any day now. Tips? I don't even know how the fuck it works.

It takes pictures from your Facebook profile. Put good pictures up and if you're even remotely interested, say yes. Or say yes to all of them and sort them out after you get matched.

strobogo

Banned
In the "white trash is evil and racist" thread, did anyone point out that redneck is used ALL THE TIME and it means essentially the same thing as white trash, but no one seems to have a problem with it?

In the "white trash is evil and racist" thread, did anyone point out that redneck is used ALL THE TIME and it means essentially the same thing as white trash, but no one seems to have a problem with it?

Two different things, trust me I live in middle Georgia and ive seen rednecks that live nice versus white trash that walks barefooted through sewage

maxcriden

I thought the episode was really funny and kinda powerful particularly at the end. The dialogue is really working for me, I like how subversive it is. I definitely related to the subject matter of the episode. I feel like a lot of those exchanges between the characters was plucked out of situations I been in growing up, especially the one's involving the children. I like how the episode just didn't tell you "NO YOU SHOULDN'T SPANK YOUR KIDS" but it organically showed the audience really the pros and cons of different parenting methods in that regard. In the end it said "spanking is not for us" instead of becoming heavy handed and preachy with the message which then allows for the humor to actually be humorous.

I like the exchange between his co-workers too. The part where they were like "No we like the idea of spanking in an abstract sense but no YOU shouldn't beat YOUR kid". That was really funny to me and I actually heard people say that.

Dianne continues to be my favorite character even though she's becoming more stewy griffin like. It's cheap but damn it they got me.

Overall I feel like the message of the episode was raising a child is hard and complex and there isn't going to be a one size fits all method for everyone and everyone's child.

Nice write-up. Yeah it was a really good episode. You hit the nail on the end, the best moment was when his co-workers were like "I'm such a stronger, better adult for having been spanked," then Dre says he's going to spank his kid and they go "OHH shit no what the hell's wrong with you?!" Like you said it's really true to life. It's a legit good show that really does not pull punches.

Infinite

Nice write-up. Yeah it was a really good episode. You hit the nail on the end, the best moment was when his co-workers were like "I'm such a stronger, better adult for having been spanked," then Dre says he's going to spank his kid and they go "OHH shit no what the hell's wrong with you?!" Like you said it's really true to life. It's a legit good show that really does not pull punches.

I also liked the small exchange with the asian and white co-workers mainly cause I like that she challenged his microaggressions.

strobogo

Banned
do people have 'white trash' tats, tees and bumper stickers?

1208.jpg

ST-1035.jpg

white-trash-belly-tattoo.jpg

i-really-white-trash-customs-sticker-pimp-demotivational-posters-1308081460.jpg

red_neck_blue_collar_white_trash_text_bumper_sticker-r2e8686c6145f47ccb45f9d245dc495eb_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

!BYUdFqw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV48!BKg396433!~~_35.JPG

I'm browsing OT and saw the 5 things they didn't teach you about slavery thread.

First thought

"Plz don't be DreamDrop"

Clicked on thread

"FUCK"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
usps is motherfucking horrible. its 8 and my shit still isnt here? what kinda fuck shit is this?

Slayven

usps is motherfucking horrible. its 8 and my shit still isnt here? what kinda fuck shit is this?
They are terrible

Yep.

I disliked the movie for the same reason I disliked the last Godzilla movie: It's too reverent of Godzilla, and boring as hell for it.

Folks trying to put Godzilla on a pedestal, he is popular because he ain't shit. Folks don't want to see a statment on the human condition, they want o see Godzilla dropping a randy savage elbow on a monster

They are terrible

Folks trying to put Godzilla on a pedestal, he is popular because he ain't shit. Folks don't want to see a statment on the human condition, they want o see Godzilla dropping a randy savage elbow on a monster

Even then Bryan Cranston's character was actually fucking interesting
and then boom we get his son for the rest of the movie.
...fuck spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom