• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
empire looked bomb as fuck from the promo i saw in front of the world series. i dunno what it's about but it had a hustle and flow reunion, except this time taraji was dressed as the pimp and styling on howard.

wallhaven-24036.jpg
since the last spider went over well

AfroMW

Everyone's favor non-black (Raven) is joining the cast of "Empire" (with Terrence Howard & Gabourey Sidibe)

dam game just crashed on me, luckily i already won and just was on the "one more turn" game play declaring war on everyone

I just aim to abuse the economy, those virtue trees (or whatever their called now) took me a bit to get the hang of.

I just gunned for military, so I guess from alpha centauri I'm team Santiago all the way from playing alpha centauri

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pacfici rim had the same problem, it took itself too seriously as well. Thank God for Ron Perlman and Charlie Day.
Pacific Rim took itself too serious?

I don't think you understand what that phrase means

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can't fuck with main characters that are depressed but their jobs are to pilot giant fucking robots.
Its not like they were winning a war or something

If they did a prequel though, I'm sure pilot morale and demeanor would be entirely different.

Wanted to see what BCT's thoughts are on this.

There was a shooting here in Ottawa, and a soldier was fatally shot by the gunman.

Some folk are trying to smear the soldier, since he is being called a hero.

WIth images such as this on social media;

10632603_10154761008565300_3844252534093689762_n.jpg

Folk are saying how he wasn't a good person anyway on Facebook and whatnot.

Thoughts?

ok... lets assume he was straight up racist, and not just sorta casually racist like this image seems to imply.

just close your eyes and imagine some smug racism coming from that face. ready?

he still did not deserve to die like that. period. end of story.

DominoKid

damn chicks really like Chipotle. that's the most namedropped restaurant i see in those Tinder "about me" sections. by a large margin too.

Silky

Banned
Don't know if you guys are into american cartoons, but man CN's been killing it. Over the Garden Wall looks awesome, Clarence and Steven Universe is great, Regular Show is still really good quality. Even Adventure Time is still decent.

I just hope Sonic Boom does well on the show because they're giving it the same slot Young Justice had iirc.

Slayven

Don't know if you guys are into american cartoons, but man CN's been killing it. Over the Garden Wall looks awesome, Clarence and Steven Universe is great, Regular Show is still really good quality. Even Adventure Time is still decent.

I just hope Sonic Boom does well on the show because they're giving it the same slot Young Justice had iirc.

I just want my Ben 10 back.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
damn chicks really like Chipotle. that's the most namedropped restaurant i see in those Tinder "about me" sections. by a large margin too.
Chipotle is like catnip to the 18-24 crowd. I can't lie, I love it too. Secret strategy might be to buy a bunch of giftcards and take a profile picture holding them up like playing cards. I bet your phone would get blown up with requests.

Infinite

Don't forget gravity falls. American cartoons are decent especially when they aren't cross promotion for a toyline.

What happened to Bee and Puppy Cat?

Slayven

Y'all 1%ers with your Chipolte, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods.

Don't forget gravity falls. American cartoons are decent especially when they aren't cross promotion for a toyline.

Gravity Falls with their one episode every 45 days.

Silky

Banned

Seen clips here and there of Gravity Falls. I can't stand Disney Channel so i'll just wait for the Blu-Ray/Netflix airing.

Man Pacific Rim was highly enjoyable. I felt like a kid eating lucky charms watching Saturday morning cartoons before everyone in the house woke up. So good. Godzilla was solid. In my opinion showed enough godzilla. We were watching a "force of nature" moving to kill some creatires. No need to show him that much. Thought it was damn good.

Man Pacific Rim was highly enjoyable. I felt like a kid eating lucky charms watching Saturday morning cartoons before everyone in the house woke up. So good. Godzilla was solid. In my opinion showed enough godzilla. We were watching a "force of nature" moving to kill some creatires. No need to show him that much. Thought it was damn good.

This is all 100% correct. Pacific Rim I enjoyed more every time I saw it. Godzilla was solid, I wouldn't have minded seeing more Godzilla but I wasn't remotely disappointed by the amount of time he had.

Crocodile

Don't know if you guys are into American cartoons, but man CN's been killing it. Over the Garden Wall looks awesome, Clarence and Steven Universe is great, Regular Show is still really good quality. Even Adventure Time is still decent.

Clarence does nothing for me, Steven Universe is hit/miss and Adventure Time is on the decline (but still good to be fair). However Regular Show has never been better, Teen Titans Go is 100000x better than it has any right to be and TMNT 2012 is one of the best incarnations of the property. Korra is also no longer putrid. Overall its not in a bad place :) I just wish I didn't have to get my action cartoon fix almost exclusively from Japan nowadays.

I just want my Ben 10 back.

At no point in time has that show not been garbage but that's just my opinion *shrug*

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Meanwhile, ridiculous scheduling fuckups continue on Toonami

Shit can be creepy as fuck to.

Last good Godzilla movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n55PonoVeUk

Motherfuckin Final Wars. You never cease to amaze good sir. I stand by this as saying it is THE GREATEST GODZILLA MOVIE EVER. This motherfucker went world warrior across the Earth kicking the shit out of every Kaiju fuckstick he could. Then it had Don Frye. Motherfuckin real life Haggar talking shit.That is a popcorn movie. I want PR2 to be final wars with yaegars.

Goddamn auticorrect.

Mortemis

Banned
Clarence does nothing for me, Steven Universe is hit/miss and Adventure Time is on the decline (but still good to be fair). However Regular Show has never been better, Teen Titans Go is 100000x better than it has any right to be and TMNT 2012 is one of the best incarnations of the property. Korra is also no longer putrid. Overall its not in a bad place :)

I haven't been watching much of CN since they cut YJ, but TTGo is great from what I've seen. My little sister loves it and I catch it whenever I see it on. Haven't kept up with regular show in a while but whenever I catch it, its still good.

I just wish I didn't have to get my action cartoon fix almost exclusively from Japan nowadays.

Man I wish this wasn't so true. :/

Slayven

Motherfuckin Final Wars. You never cease to amaze good sir. I stand by this as saying it is THE GREATEST GODZILLA MOVIE EVER. This motherfucker went world warrior across the Earth kicking the shit out of every Kaiju fuckstick he could. Then it had Don Frye. Motherfuckin real life Haggar talking shit.That is a popcorn movie. I want PR2 to be final wars with yaegars.

Goddamn auticorrect.

I liked that the plot for Final Wars was "Some aliens fucked up and woke Godzilla, and he is fucking everyone up" . Nigga whooped ass on all the continents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom