• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
I don't really follow the Nation since Dee Lo left.

You better recognize

tumblr_ms7zvaL9cV1s83ffjo1_250.gif

tumblr_mkkcsmcc921qdkrl2o1_250.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Your senility messing with you again, old man. We ain't had newsboys handing out papers on the corner for decades.
Actually still do at a couple intersections near where I used to live. I feel bad for those boys in suit and tie trying to slang pies in 98 degree weather, sometimes I give a dollar just because.

I'm starting a new organization called "Republicans without Ebola" following in the footsteps of doctors without borders except we stay Fae enough away and don't help people to keep our name being accurate

Spinluck

that dude's boring as hell forreal. nice bait and switch too by making cranston look like the main character.

Marvel should've picked another guy for their Quicksliver role. :-/ Aaron is so boring.

This dude couldn't even carry the Kick Ass movies, he let little Chloe what's her face do that. Like everyone in those movies are better than him.

Kraftwerk

Wanted to see what BCT's thoughts are on this.

There was a shooting here in Ottawa, and a soldier was fatally shot by the gunman.

Some folk are trying to smear the soldier, since he is being called a hero.

WIth images such as this on social media;

10632603_10154761008565300_3844252534093689762_n.jpg

Folk are saying how he wasn't a good person anyway on Facebook and whatnot.

Thoughts?

strobogo

Banned
Marvel should've picked another guy for their Quicksliver role. :-/ Aaron is so boring.

This dude couldn't even carry the Kick Ass movies, he let little Chloe what's her face do that. Like everyone in those movies are better than him.

He's my biggest fear for Avengers 2. That dude is just a board of bland.

Infinite

There was a shooting here in Ottawa, and a soldier was fatally shot by the gunman.

Thoughts?

Crazy thing about conversations like this is people's failure to separate what someone did from who they are

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Bean Pie is pretty high on the Pie tier list imo. Squash pie too.

Agreed

The fuck's a bean pie?

I've met plenty of people who have never heard of bean pie so it's understandable you don't know what it is.

My parents always got bean pies from the mosques in our area. If you know of any, someone should be able to point you to where they sell some.

Thoughts?

Gosh, I honestly don't know what to say about it. :/

Infinite

I'm drive by posting but our actions make up "who we are"

I mean, no shit. Point I was trying to make was that "guy did something stupid and racists, should apologize and not do it again" is different from "guy is a fucking racists asshole who's not worthy of being called a 'hero'"

i'm not going to call every non-black dude who tags their picture 'my nigga my nigga' (YG) an awful person.

it was a stupid picture but i'm not sensing malicious intent, just a stupid mistake. something to apologize for if he was still alive.

but definitely not worth smearing the dead soldier for.

HeadsUp7Up

I mean, no shit. Point I was trying to make was that "guy did something stupid and racists, should apologize and not do it again" is different from "guy is a fucking racists asshole who's not worthy of being called a 'hero'"

Ah I see. I think it's a pointless exercise to try and see who a person is solely on their online persona. Guess I really don't care either way, don't know him.

Thoughts?

People suck..sorry, it's all I got tonight on the subject.

RedSwirl

Good pictures are everything. You don't even really need a description.

Oh shit.

For starters, I think there are like, less than 20 pictures of me on the entire internet. Secondly, I'm satisfied with almost none of them.

It takes pictures from your Facebook profile. Put good pictures up and if you're even remotely interested, say yes. Or say yes to all of them and sort them out after you get matched.

So it's ENTIRELY based on pictures of people? Not so sure about that...

Village

I can just buy that, that's not worth buying a not as good version of a game to get him for free. I do not have the desire to pay that game on a 3ds or on the go.

Also hype aside, I really don't like mewtwo, he's an ugly ass ca tfetus thing that I never thought was cool.

Furyous

Thoughts?

Is that picture real? I need to see the entire the social media post to make a judgment on that particular post.

If it comes out to be true that he is the individual alleged in that post then I won't speak ill of him. It's a messed up way to die. He went out as a hero and ultimately I hope that is the way we treat him. Would you or I be afforded the same treatment upon death?

NO, history tells us they will pull pictures off our smartphones and social media feeds to label us as thugs who got what we deserved. It's heartless and cold but an honest assessment of the predicament we face. I won't act like THEM to the best of my ability for as long as I can.

Young Magus

Thoughts?

I'm not going get mad at the text, mad that folks are using this to shame the dead however.

I like it.

The wii u version is the only one I am obtaining for myself.

Why... why would you even get the 3ds version?

Maybe for on the go...

cdyhybrid

Oh shit.

For starters, I think there are like, less than 20 pictures of me on the entire internet. Secondly, I'm satisfied with almost none of them.

So it's ENTIRELY based on pictures of people? Not so sure about that...

If you have common likes or mutual Facebook friends it will list them too. You can write a short note that will display under your pictures but I dunno how many people even actually read it.

Also I played Mewtwo a lot in Melee :(

Gorillaz

lol, shorty slid out of that terrible ass pass so smooth. "I have plans but I'll help your friend."

Best part was "he just got aggressive."

nooooo, the comments. "Nigga woke up to the breakfast menu." I am weak.

dude woke up looking like the joker

so vulgar

Ever since the white american brought Ebola to the states. The minorities have done appropriation to get the virus and make it sexy and the in thing to do

All my Ebola talk is brought to you by me catching up on my this week in virology, backlog

League of Legends pulled in an estimated $964 million between January and September of this year, according to SuperData research. Dota 2 with $136 million in revenues, while Hearthstone with $114 million. Military FPS CrossFire, is at $897 million, Nexon's Dungeon Fighter Online is sitting at $891 million, and World of Warcraft has brought in $728 million.

RedSwirl

If you have common likes or mutual Facebook friends it will list them too. You can write a short note that will display under your pictures but I dunno how many people even actually read it.

Also I played Mewtwo a lot in Melee :(

If it just sources Facebook then I think I'll pass.

I maintain my account (mostly), but I'm really not active on Facebook anymore except for recent business contacts. The last time I legit updated my profile was probably months ago. The last time I took a picture of myself in any form was possibly a year ago. That's how low a social media profile I have.

Might try OKC instead, but I know just as little about that. I'm not even aware of any other services.

Edit: Oh, and that "mutual Facebook friends" thing would already fuck up whatever calculations the algorithm makes about me. For starters I have fewer than 100 friends on Facebook (and only pay attention to half of them). Most importantly though, I got cousins on Facebook who have flooded my "You might know" page with chicks from probably all over the deep south. I posted an example pic a few OTs back. It ain't pretty.

cdyhybrid

If it just sources Facebook then I think I'll pass.

I maintain my account (mostly), but I'm really not active on Facebook anymore except for recent business contacts. The last time I legit updated my profile was probably months ago. The last time I took a picture of myself in any form was possibly a year ago. That's how low a social media profile I have.

Might try OKC instead, but I know just as little about that. I'm not even aware of any other services.

Edit: Oh, and that "mutual Facebook friends" thing would already fuck up whatever calculations the algorithm makes about me. For starters I have fewer than 100 friends on Facebook (and only pay attention to half of them). Most importantly though, I got cousins on Facebook who have flooded my "You might know" page with chicks from probably all over the deep south. I posted an example pic a few OTs back. It ain't pretty.

It shows you profiles based on distance. You can set it to only show profiles within X miles of you. The mutual friends thing doesn't have any bearing on whose profiles you see, it's just a "heads-up, you might know this person" sort of thing.

All it would really take is uploading a picture or three. You don't even have to display them on FB. Tinder is all a numbers game. You're supposed to go through a bunch of profiles, because only a portion of those will match up with you, and only a portion of those will actually respond to you messaging them, and only a portion of those would actually consider meeting up. It's almost 100% physical/looks based, which is good and bad.

Thoughts?
As long as he is referencing the song, and not saying it in a derogatory manner towards a black person............................Its not that big a deal IMO.

Everyone's favor non-black (Raven) is joining the cast of "Empire" (with Terrence Howard & Gabourey Sidibe)

Civ beyond earth is out http://i.imgur.com/S4avoYV.png[/IMG

As of right now nostalgia has me hooked

Will see how this turns out[/QUOTE]

dam game just crashed on me, luckily i already won and just was on the "one more turn" game play declaring war on everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom