• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
*****_, Labor, and Noobsauce. All got got. Them motorscooters fighting Spekkio getting Lightning, Ice and Fire right now. Real talk the Black Omen is floating over our heads...

this can't be life
, we just lost labor yesterday
damn.png

Cmonnnn.

Then again I haven't' watched that shield show since it started

Dude was a beast. Awesome stuff. God tier villain swag.

Captain Boomerang was legit, but we knew he would be. The actor was great in Spartacus. Arrow always starts slow but I'm enjoying it. Shield is like a completely different show from season one.

ReiGun

Man moris you weren't kidding about Azealia Banks. She might as well scream from the rooftops "NO ONE LIKE ME OR ASSOCIATE WITH ME EVER!" I feel like she really doesn't even know the what fuck she's talking about. She just shits all random thoughts and throws insults onto celebrity hashtags on twitter and calls it a day.

"Rapper" Azealia Banks "defends" Bill Cosby
It's funny watching people who were riding for her last night suddenly remember why they disliked her. It's amazing. Every time she gets people to give her a chance, she fucks it up almost immediately.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
JC copped a deal way back and now feeds accounts to the mods in exchange for immunity.
It's funny watching people who were riding for her last night suddenly remember why they disliked her. It's amazing. Every time she gets people to give her a chance, she fucks it up almost immediately.
Exactly. I remember listening to 212 thinking she had so much potential. Now it really doesn't matter at all.

Gorillaz

Weezy bout to get *****_'d

I would laugh if he ends up on good music. I kno drake had the choice to join either back in the day

jWILL253

Banned
So, I have a question BCT.

Since the Ferguson Incident, people have been expecting the rage to die out eventually... but it hasn't. It's been steady, and with the Eric Gardner ruling, it's about to ramp up even more. It hasn't gotten too violent yet, though.

My question is: at what point does this bullshit straw break our backs? At what point do people just... react? And is it not a question of if, but when?

akira28

back in the 60s it was a question of when, and it took the death of 4+ luminaries before people started thinking the shit was gone be real. Kennedys and Kings had to die before people stopped thinking hypothetical shit, and that was the question of when not if. I think the country is back on that ramp to something building up until we can no longer ignore it to just television and hashtag shit.

jWILL253

Banned
back in the 60s it was a question of when, and it took the death of 4+ luminaries before people started thinking the shit was gone be real. Kennedys and Kings had to die before people stopped thinking hypothetical shit, and that was the question of when not if. I think the country is back on that ramp to something building up until we can no longer ignore it to just television and hashtag shit.

I'm trying to think of what could possibly happen that could cause a tremor on that level.

They are gonna try to kill Obama, aren't they?

Merc_

People will scream about it, but I don't think anything serious will happen. Finding a way to put a band aid on the problem along with plenty of empty platitudes being spoken are enough to quiet it down until the next time.

Kreed

Since the Ferguson Incident, people have been expecting the rage to die out eventually... but it hasn't. It's been steady, and with the Eric Gardner ruling, it's about to ramp up even more. It hasn't gotten too violent yet, though.

My question is: at what point does this bullshit straw break our backs? At what point do people just... react? And is it not a question of if, but when?

I'm assuming you mean when is the revolution going to come and all the black people in the US go marching to the White House demanding change? It won't happen. Not as long as people who are content with their jobs/their lives stay content. You can't even get all black people to agree that this is an actual problem aka "What about black on black crime?".

In addition, the media will stop reporting it at the point where people get tired of hearing about it. Let's not forget the Michael Brown verdict was announced last week. It's way too early to say "it hasn't died down yet". You should be asking that question after Christmas. Trayvon's murder wasn't that long ago either and that "died down" after a few months of Zimmerman no longer wanting to be in the news.

And even if a back was going to "break", the government would take action long before we would, positive action or negative action.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I can give you the white perspective from a dude who works in an office with 14 other white folks.

Nobody has said a word about it, and media is doing a "great" job of keeping it suppressed. There is nothing in my day to day that is affected at all. I'd say for white America, the oblivious white America in Oklahoma at least, it's going to take a hell of a lot more straws. And that's a shame, because these are unbelievably horrific injustices and just a drop in the bucket. It's upsetting to me that I DON'T hear any talk about it, on any opinion either way. It's just indifference, and it bothers me. I'm the only one who brought it up, and the only person who gave a shit was one of the women here who feels the government is poisoning us regularly, trying to inject nanomachines in our blood, and more.

You may not really have been asking about what white America feels in the midwest, but right now, almost nothing, and it's a fucking shame. It's that old "not my problem" thing where people don't give a shit unless it's affecting them, and it's upsetting.

The reaction when I mentioned Ferguson was "people are still doing that?" and genuine surprise.

peeps talking about leaving the USA and forgetting the Caribbean?

quite a few islands with majority black populations. you can make good money if you're in the right field. nice house, fresh air, fresh seafood, beaches, plus... island girls!

Slayven

I know you are old, but damn. Good reference though

Also this

Pusha T capitalizes on a public outcry from Lil Wayne

Never let a serious crisis go to waste - Rob Emanuel

I thought I was the only one that liked that show, lol.

Most animes/mangas should just go the GitS route, and just forgo the romance angles altogether...
Outlaw Star was hot fire from Opening to end.

He didn't even realize it either

Like damn tho
That shit was too cold blooded.

Sales clerk lady 1: Not gonna call you a nerd, but that Ninja Gaiden game looked so corny
mjlol.png

Me: girl stop
comeon.png

Sales clerk lady 2: What!? That game is awesome, its better than God of War.
krs.png

Me: You fight ninjas, you fight demons, heck you even fight demonic ninjas!
dwill.png

Sales clerk lady 2: and Satan!
krs.png
krs.png
krs.png

Sales clerk lady 1: wow ok
5I5s8.png

Sales clerk lady 2: ok that'll be $18.21 will that be all sir
mjcry1.png

Me: yeah
mjcry1.png
You ain't get none of those digits? You could be Wyinng?

why JC never get banned

He a snitch.

Jado

Banned
I can give you the white perspective from a dude who works in an office with 14 other white folks.

Nobody has said a word about it, and media is doing a "great" job of keeping it suppressed. There is nothing in my day to day that is affected at all. I'd say for white America, the oblivious white America in Oklahoma at least, it's going to take a hell of a lot more straws. And that's a shame, because these are unbelievably horrific injustices and just a drop in the bucket. It's upsetting to me that I DON'T hear any talk about it, on any opinion either way. It's just indifference, and it bothers me. I'm the only one who brought it up, and the only person who gave a shit was one of the women here who feels the government is poisoning us regularly, trying to inject nanomachines in our blood, and more.

You may not really have been asking about what white America feels in the midwest, but right now, almost nothing, and it's a fucking shame. It's that old "not my problem" thing where people don't give a shit unless it's affecting them, and it's upsetting.

The reaction when I mentioned Ferguson was "people are still doing that?" and genuine surprise.

I live in NYC and if I weren't aware of all this already, my week would've gone by like nothing happened. I've had to make an effort and seek out info to figure out the recent developments. Most regular folk don't know nor care, even here in the city where it happened. There is no coming revolution.

I hope he ran that letter by Chuck before it was published cause if not thats kind of a bitch move to put that letter out like that. Thats some shit you say to Chuck in private.

Considering that Charles Barkley has seen fit to tell everyone what he talks about with his white friends, I don't think that's a problem.

And who the hell are these white friends?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

It absolutely has quieted a bit. The biggest agitator in the Ferguson stuff has long since shifted from Mike Brown to the police being over the top. The world wasn't calling for action because a black kid got shot. People were mad because the cops were acting like they were trying to enforce martial law in Baghdad.

Young Magus

I'm assuming you mean when is the revolution going to come and all the black people in the US go marching to the White House demanding change? It won't happen. Not as long as people who are content with their jobs/their lives stay content. You can't even get all black people to agree that this is an actual problem aka "What about black on black crime?".

In addition, the media will stop reporting it at the point where people get tired of hearing about it. Let's not forget the Michael Brown verdict was announced last week. It's way too early to say "it hasn't died down yet". You should be asking that question after Christmas. Trayvon's murder wasn't that long ago either and that "died down" after a few months of Zimmerman no longer wanting to be in the news.

And even if a back was going to "break", the government would take action long before we would, positive action or negative action.

Basically these two answers. Many folks (regardless of background) are stuck with complacency that a full revolution or enough voice for change will not happen. This alongside differing opinions and difficulty getting on common grounds in the first place makes it moot.

peeps talking about leaving the USA and forgetting the Caribbean?

quite a few islands with majority black populations. you can make good money if you're in the right field. nice house, fresh air, fresh seafood, beaches, plus... island girls!

lol

Also, Slay spoke the TRUTH, outlaw star was the shit!

Jado

Banned
It absolutely has quieted a bit. The biggest agitator in the Ferguson stuff has long since shifted from Mike Brown to the police being over the top. The world wasn't calling for action because a black kid got shot. People were mad because the cops were acting like they were trying to enforce martial law in Baghdad.

Which explains all the interest from anarchists, Occupiers and concerned white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom