• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Slayven, does Runaways get better after the first volume. I read vol.1 of the complete collection where it ends with
Alex Wilder dying and the team regrouping

Why? Why'd you have to lose your mind like this?

Smoke crack brehs

Wow

So sorry some of ya'll didn't have a father figure growing up to stop ya'll saying shit like this

Ya'll the niggas with issues. That game was hot asshole juice personified. Shit was 40hrs of a bunch of weeaboos' fantasies about a Chinese/Korean/Japanese mixed culture ontop of some nonsensical "Asian sounding" language they threw in there and the worst combat system ever. It had all the trappings of "what weeaboos think about Asian culture" in videogame form. It was basically a bunch of crusty dudes "How we think 'Asia' culture is". From the hilarious character names, to the nonsensical animal spirits that didn't even align with any real mythology, to that cliche wuxia bar tavern fight scene. Shit was basically a blow job to dudes who grew up on animu and wuxia being the closest thing they knew about any of the aforementioned asian countries and just said "fuck it bro, we'll wing the shit outta this!"

Shit was trite as fuck. Bought that shit and had a friend over who was Chinese and as she watched me play, I could feel her burning a hole in my head. I felt bad playing that shit with her right there. Like shit had me feeling so bad I wanted to fly to China and help with inner city youth and poverty. I couldn't even say to her "It's just their take on Asian culture" because she would have hit me with that "Imagine if Bioware made a 'Black culture' game as they imagined black people." She would have hit me with that 100 proof ether. I mean that shit had me second guessing middle school decisions and shit. I felt like I needed to pay reparations to all the Asian people I knew when I played that game. Like I only bought groceries from the Korean mart down the street for like a month after that to show solidarity and shit.

Slayven

Yo Slayven, does Runaways get better after the first volume. I read vol.1 of the complete collection where it ends with
Alex Wilder dying and the team regrouping

I am going to be honest with you, I loved the first volume, then it got boring to me until they went back in time around the 26th issue. It got dark and a bit disturbing but good. So if you trudge through a few middling issues it does get great again.

First 2 volumes are best. Rest is so-so.
Yeah pretty much

First 2 volumes are best. Rest is so-so.
I am going to be honest with you, I loved the first volume, then it got boring to me until they went back in time around the 26th issue. It got dark and a bit disturbing but good. So if you trudge through a few middling issues it does get great again.

Yeah pretty much

Oh, I guess it just isn't for me because the only thing I liked about it was the concept.

DominoKid

I have always found her oddly attractive. Dunno why.

i mean...

NHOKinX.jpg

she fine as hell to me *yeshrug*

G-Fex

g-fex i'm pretty sure if it's a good or service that can be purchased you hate it

there's literally no other explanation for just how much shit you hate

"i stopped liking stuff after felix the cat S1E4, it's all been downhill since then"

That wow is for that Krysten Ritter. I never seen her in such a outfit. I always liked her.

You need to stop overthinking.

I'm tired of this "G-fex hates everything"

Maybe ya'll things you like aren't so great. You ever think of that?

Trey

Ya'll the niggas with issues. That game was hot asshole juice personified. Shit was 40hrs of a bunch of weeaboos' fantasies about a Chinese/Korean/Japanese mixed culture ontop of some nonsensical "Asian sounding" language they threw in there and the worst combat system ever. It had all the trappings of "what weeaboos think about Asian culture" in videogame form. It was basically a bunch of crusty dudes "How we think 'Asia' culture is". From the hilarious character names, to the nonsensical animal spirits that didn't even align with any real mythology, to that cliche wuxia bar tavern fight scene. Shit was basically a blow job to dudes who grew up on animu and wuxia being the closest thing they knew about any of the aforementioned asian countries and just said "fuck it bro, we'll wing the shit outta this!"

Shit was trite as fuck. Bought that shit and had a friend over who was Chinese and as she watched me play, I could feel her burning a hole in my head. I felt bad playing that shit with her right there. Like shit had me feeling so bad I wanted to fly to China and help with inner city youth and poverty. I couldn't even say to her "It's just their take on Asian culture" because she would have hit me with that "Imagine if Bioware made a 'Black culture' game as they imagined black people." She would have hit me with that 100 proof ether. I mean that shit had me second guessing middle school decisions and shit. I felt like I needed to pay reparations to all the Asian people I knew when I played that game. Like I only bought groceries from the Korean mart down the street for like a month after that to show solidarity and shit.

The game was pretty cool. I have fond memories of it. The player character becomes broken as fuck, especially when you level up their weapon.

Maybe ya'll things you like aren't so great. You ever think of that?

backhand.gif

I almost want to see this.

Slayven

That punch thread rmeinds me of Old Skool Gaf, when threads would get burned and the grounds salted.

Part of me feel like the Deadpool movie will be successful. His humor fits this generation perfectly.

If the budget is like 60 to 80 mill, and you know it won't be

Jado

Banned
Even in NYC? And here I thought MAYBE part of the reason why absolutely nothing is happening, save social media, is because I live in Hicksville, USA (Tulsa)

I don't know what to do to make people aware, to make them care. I do my goddamned best but people are just completely indifferent.

I talked about it with exactly one person at work -- black female coworker who lives over in Harlem. And we just chat about this stuff from having our mutual understanding/observations. The news talks about "major protests in the city" just to create hype and draw eyeballs to tune in the same way they do with a weak hurricane downgraded to simple showers. A few passive hundred or couple thousand people in a massive city of over 8 million people. They've /slowedblocked traffic! Yeah, a small car accident or a bit of road construction does the same thing every week. People are more frenzied for Black Friday, a new Apple product release or just general holiday shopping. I'm not saying absolutely nothing will change since we will probably get bandaid-level stuff like body cameras out of this (which I honestly think were coming anyway, march of technology and all). But this isn't the big moment or tipping point that some have been waiting for where the laws, the cops, everything changes going forward.

Slayven

Another on the list of fictional green characters in which someone said the green character seemed like a black person.

Lets see:

Hated by folks for irrational reasons

Government harasses him for no good reason

Has several kids he does not support nor raise.

People always report him being "aggressive"

Can't hold down a job because of his record.

Ritter is straight up wife material fine to me. Shit, she's the only reason I was even remotely excited for that shot "Don't Trust The Bitch in Apt 6" or whatever. Her and Kat Dennings are my TV star crushes.

I got a big crush on her after She's Out of My League. Like, she outshined the main chick to me and I couldn't really explain why. Something about her look, dem lips and the stank attitude was working for me.

Haven't really seen her in anything since, though.

Crocodile

If cops are afraid this class will make youngsters think they are bad guys, maybe they, the collective "they", should stop giving kids reasons to think that.

FTFY.

But, hey. At least they didn't pull some DBZ shit and just pull out the Vegeta+Bulma angle out the fucking blue with no character development whatsoever, and the worst reveal ever.

"Hey, I'm Trunks and I'm from the future! Also, yeah, mom and dad over there are gonna bang here pretty soon, lol."

EDIT: Also, I really fucking hated the rest of that moment. How the fuck you gonna let this random asshole show up, while the guy partially responsible for destroying Namek is about to rek some shit, and you cut him in half?

I swear that show went downhill after that moment. Even the Cell Saga couldn't save it; they took Gohan after his moment of glory, and made him ain't shit just to prop up Goku again.

Goku is the John Cena of anime.

Nothing about Toriyama's career suggest to me that he can or wants to write convincing romance. DB was better off having basically side-stepped the issue entirely.

enhanced-1161-1417704429-9.png

I don't have the appropriate gif to express my feelings on that tweet.

I was going to say "isn't that one of those parody accounts" but it appears it is not and thus I am rendered sad :(

This is obvious hyperbole but I appreciated the laugh :)

RP912

Banned
On some real shit I really want to know what Ja thinks about the fuckery that's been going on.

We seriously in need of a Pain is Love 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom