• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

I'm still laughing at that. How your son gonna look you in the eye and respect you after this shit. Kids from the class gon be grillin' yo daddy's ass forever.

Gorillaz, you spit a lot of game at Best Buy, is this a new installment of the Game I haven't heard about yet

I go in today for work. Might need to check the inventory and warehouse. Maybe it's there and lost in the system due to the holiday and how hectic it is. I haven't heard ANYTHING about this new add-on of the Game tho.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, it even went to the length of anime cutscenes.

MK had a great story mode, course the story just sorta..fell apart in the 3rd act with well..overkilling.

I guess, but it just got more and more ridiculous.

What is the story? For real, I don't know it. I never saw the animated adaptations or anything. I just thought it was general "Crazy dictator is crazy, has a fighting tournament".

Slayven

I'm still laughing at that. How your son gonna look you in the eye and respect you after this shit. Kids from the class gon be grillin' yo daddy's ass forever.

Gorillaz, you spit a lot of game at Best Buy, is this a new installment of the Game I haven't heard about yet
Cuckold Simulator 2015

"Record of the Year
"Fancy" – Igloo Australia featuring Traitor XCX"

Wikipedia page for the grammy noms right now
p0QHO.gif

We (Mad Catz) are not against the drivers. In fact we want people to be able to use their old sticks (we still make PS3 sticks you know). It's not up to us though.

'preciate dat pleughboi.
birdmanizj07.png

G-Fex

Fatal Fury had a dope storyline.

SF wishes it could be as good. Don't even get me started on the Orochi saga.

Fatal Fury indeed has a great storyline, it could even fit for a movie.

Too bad Geese living ruins it kind of. Even Rugal stayed dead.

Oh, I get it, you're from World -1.

No, I just meant well not complexities.

It's simple, it's more of a action parody. Nothing serious. It laughs at itself. Hence Street Fighter the movie is vastly misunderstood.

Did y'all care for the Injustice storyline?

I followed the comic with it weekly until the game came out.

It was only iiiight tbh.

The comic is really good. Best JL book out imo.

That's not a retcon though. There's always usually always canon ending. Those are just to show "if __ win this could happen"

That being decided once the next game comes out makes it sound awfully like a retcon to me...

hypernima

Banned
Niggas that don't even play fighting games is making the biggest fuss. Sad, there are xbox players who are big parts of the fgc that are handling this news better.

I know right, btw nigga we gotta start vsing again.

All I want for SFV though is a new style, I'm not really impressed by the trailer cause it looks just like SFIV for PS4. Every SF to date has had a style change with each numerical iteration.

Damn. lol

That being decided once the next game comes out makes it sound awfully like a retcon to me...

Just because the writers choose an ending out multiple ones(or decides to screw that and make up one on the spot.) does not mean its retconned. There is no canon to begin with to be made retroactive canon. Now let's say if Ryu weren't trained by his master but Akuma or some shit. That's retconing.

^That's because Sega don't care about anything but mechanics...which hurts them in the end with presentation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dhalsim's story makes sense.

According to the official story, Balrog was running errands for Bison in India. While there, for a reason that I've never heard explained, Balrog gigaton punched an elephant in the head...killing it in one blow.
This elephant happened to be the best friend of Dhalsim's pet elephant (which is the second elephant on the left on the India level in SFII). Therefore, for filling his elephant with sorrow over his dead friend, Dhalsim has a rivalry with Balrog

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's a pretty cool origin and to be honest makes more sense than a lot of the stuff that gets created for the more titular characters anyway. I like Tekken's origins too because even though they fall to similar tropes like other fighting games, they also aren't afraid to just have fun with it. See Kuma's cutscenes and origin for reference.

akira28

I sorta feel bad for dude, but really the reality is his wife is a social climber. Her key to the city got cut from the NFL team and she is really just trying to live that footballer wife life. I bet she would have loved to have gotten pregnant from Dallas Cowboys dude.

How do people end up with these users? And why can't I feel that much sympathy for them?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I sorta feel bad for dude, but really the reality is his wife is a social climber. Her key to the city got cut from the NFL team and she is really just trying to live that footballer wife life. I bet she would have loved to have gotten pregnant from Dallas Cowboys dude.

How do people end up with these users? And why can't I feel that much sympathy for them?
That's probably the most positive description you could use. But by that same token, would this be as much of a story if it was the other way around? Probably not, considering professional athletes cheat all the time. That might have something to do with your lack of sympathy, though it would depend on how you would react to this happening to a regular guy. She married the guy so if she had visions of climbing she shouldn't have sealed the deal as early as she did.

Just because the writers choose an ending out multiple ones(or decides to screw that and make up one on the spot.) does not mean its retconned. There is no canon to begin with to be made retroactive canon. Now let's say if Ryu weren't trained by his master but Akuma or some shit. That's retconing.

^That's because Sega don't care about anything but mechanics...which hurts them in the end with presentation.

Eh can't say I agree with you.

akira28

That's probably the most positive description you could use. But by that same token, would this be as much of a story if it was the other way around? Probably not, considering professional athletes cheat all the time. That might have something to do with your lack of sympathy, though it would depend on how you would react to this happening to a regular guy. She married the guy so if she had visions of climbing she shouldn't have sealed the deal as early as she did.

is your avatar an evil naked baby?

i guess I'm feeling like football players should not only expect this shit, but actively protect themselves against it.

I really like Killer Instinct 2013's approach for characters where it's basically "take generic fighter concept, establish a relationship to UltraTech and then up to 11 the shit out of it." It gives them a pretty big palette of possible character types to work with but also keeps the characters refreshingly awesome since they either have to meet expectations or play with the tropes that define them. "spooky scary skeleton" becomes "reanimated Scotsman that became a pirate captain AFTER he came back from the dead," "space alien" and "cryokinetic with a dark past" become "tragedy-befallen alien fights to become champion just to go home and combats UltraTech with a cryokinetic power suit," "not a mummy" becomes "literally the mummy from The Mummy," etc.

It's pretty neat that one of the most alien characters in KI is also one of the one of the ones that can be empathized with most.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
is your avatar an evil naked baby?

i guess I'm feeling like football players should not only expect this shit, but actively protect themselves against it.
I agree, there is basically a business built around that stuff in professional sports so I feel like players should take a class or something to protect themselves. They also need a financial investment class too.

lmao @ evil naked baby. Nah it's the nefarious shopkeeper from Link's Awakening. If you steal from his shop your character name is changed to THIEF for the rest of the game. And if you go back into his shop he'll blow your ass up with magic lightning.

tumblr_lvrgi2F3ME1qeh39oo2_500.gif

lmao @ evil naked baby. Nah it's the nefarious shopkeeper from Link's Awakening. If you steal from his shop your character name is changed to THIEF for the rest of the game. And if you go back into his shop he'll blow your ass up with magic lightning.

tumblr_lvrgi2F3ME1qeh39oo2_500.gif

learned that shit the hard way...they really called my ass THIEF for the rest of the damn game, even in the serious moments
9jBmg.png

Merc_

Hahaha, people actually pay attention to the story in fighting games? They're clearly made as an afterthought so I'm surprised anyone cares at all.

That thread is going places and I love how the people who are the most upset are folks who don't even play fighting games. The console wars will never not be dumb as fuck.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hahaha, people actually pay attention to the story in fighting games? They're clearly made as an afterthought so I'm surprised anyone cares at all.

That thread is going places and I love how the people who are the most upset are folks who don't even play fighting games. The console wars will never not be dumb as fuck.

scary shit is guilty gear's plot came first

if the mechanics were as complex as the story in GG, people would be demanding tournaments be banned until proper CTE research is conducted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom