• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
be glad they showed up.

Motherfucker showed up and had to go back home because he couldnt get in a building. Then his supervisor calls me to try to smooth it over and im like, theres gonna be reprecussions. Dire reprecussions. When these fucksticks drop the ball, it makes the company look bad. Company look bad, lose contracts. Lose contracts, make cuts. Cuts cut into my paper. Less paper fucks with Riovan.... I mean Revanche's livelihood.

DONT FUCK WITH REV's LIVELIHOOD.

Man this show The Fall is so good. Dude is a master manipulator, he's got this 15 year old girl wrapped around his fingers. Messing with her mind knowing she has a crush on him, dude doesn't care about this girl in even the slightest. And now he got her about to do something dumb.

Dream is the Greg Land of BCT

#dead

So my Wii U gamepad just randomly turned on with an ad for Captain Toad (fuck I look like?)

this aint normal breh. I guess it'll automatically turn off eventually?

nvm its dead

wait its asleep

this all happened in a matter of 60 seconds yooo

So my Wii U gamepad just randomly turned on with an ad for Captain Toad (fuck I look like?)

this aint normal breh. I guess it'll automatically turn off eventually?

nvm its dead

wait its asleep

this all happened in a matter of 60 seconds yooo

I just noticed this two weeks ago. It's been around for a bit, but my Wii U GamePad wasn't charged before.

Dream is the Greg Land of BCT
2JNxBWx.gif

DominoKid

finally got around to reading the Soul Eater manga. i wasn't a fan of the anime original ending but i don't really like the manga ending. Black Star is fuckin ridiculous in the manga though.

The only fighting game better without a story is Tekken.

nah i mess w/ that Mishima family drama. they need therapy

Kay, so... I tried to slog through Hudlin's run...

The drop in quality is immediately apparent. He just ignored other writers and decided "black guy, king, rich, smart" and decided that's all he needed, huh? Like... Jesus. I'm gonna try to read an older run or something.

Crocodile

Man that letter from Smith to Barkley was pretty soft. I mean I didn't expect him to go ham but I have no idea if Barkley will even get the point given how soft it was.

Hahaha, people actually pay attention to the story in fighting games? They're clearly made as an afterthought so I'm surprised anyone cares at all.

That thread is going places and I love how the people who are the most upset are folks who don't even play fighting games. The console wars will never not be dumb as fuck.

Yes people, especially casual who aren't likely to put in the time an energy to enter tournaments, DO care about FG stories and what happens to the characters. It's not super important to a good fighting game but different people like different games/genres of different reasons. I always amuses me that people are shocked at this revelation. Do you not see the bazillion of posts asking how the single player content is in any new FG? Or how reviews from most game outlets of fighting games will always highlight said 1P options. Or how important MK9's story mode was in selling the game to casuals?

I'm a Xiaoyu and Alisa player dammit

Oh I forgot you on that Panda "I'm not a black bear" tip. :3

ahhhhh ok that makes a lot more sense. isn't it pretty popular?

i hope they go back and animate the rest of it. i want to see that Book of Eibon stuff.

It's popularity waned a bit towards the end and I think there were personal issues involved as well.

Yeah. Remember how Tekken killed Jun and ruined my life?

Then they gave us Jin...then story happened and Jin learned Karate then we got Asuka.

Then we got Jun back in TTT2 dat, Asuka Jun combo tho!

One thing I do respect about Tekken is they always have characters speaking their native language.

I kinda agree. The story was quite decent in Tekken 4, but since then, the story definitely has become a lot of wtf.

Tekken 4 is where the story went downhill imo. They had something going in Tekken 3, but the minute they caved into fans demands and brought Kazuya back... the story went to hell.

If I want a fighting game story these days, I'll just stick to Mortal Kombat. I put crazy hours in the Deception story mode, though they done killed errbody in MK9,

Merc_

Yes people, especially casual who aren't likely to put in the time an energy to enter tournaments, DO care about FG stories and what happens to the characters. It's not super important to a good fighting game but different people like different games/genres of different reasons. I always amuses me that people are shocked at this revelation. Do you not see the bazillion of posts asking how the single player content is in any new FG? Or how reviews from most game outlets of fighting games will always highlight said 1P options. Or how important MK9's story mode was in selling the game to casuals?

I always assumed that the people talking about 1P options were referring to the computer AI and the different modes. Besides that, why would anyone care about story in a fighting game? The story in fighting games range from being practically non extant to just flat out being terrible. It's the last thing anyone should care about in a FG.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Oh I forgot you on that Panda "I'm not a black bear" tip. :3

Then they gave us Jin...then story happened and Jin learned Karate then we got Asuka.

Then we got Jun back in TTT2 dat, Asuka Jun combo tho!

One thing I do respect about Tekken is they always have characters speaking their native language.

HMPH!

Them speaking their native languages is very important. That's not in a lot of other games I can think of.

Tekken 4 is where the story went downhill imo. They had something going in Tekken 3, but the minute they caved into fans demands and brought Kazuya back... the story went to hell.

If I want a fighting game story these days, I'll just stick to Mortal Kombat. I put crazy hours in the Deception story mode, though they done killed errbody in MK9,

Agreed. Kazuya should've returned for tag tournament games like Jun and the others did.

My best friend loves Mortal Kombat lol she's always been trying to get me into it but I dunno where to start.

The Adder

Banned
HMPH!

Them speaking their native languages is very important. That's not in a lot of other games I can think of.

Agreed. Kazuya should've returned for tag tournament games like Jun and the others did.

My best friend loves Mortal Kombat lol she's always been trying to get me into it but I dunno where to start.

MK9 or MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom