• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

HMPH!

Them speaking their native languages is very important. That's not in a lot of other games I can think of.

Agreed. Kazuya should've returned for tag tournament games like Jun and the others did.

My best friend loves Mortal Kombat lol she's always been trying to get me into it but I dunno where to start.

Talk about a story taht went street to shit. I don't even know where to start.

The Mortal Kombat tv show was straight fire though.

jmood88

I don't know how I feel about the Demarco Murray situation. I mean, on one hand, dude is looking like a sucker by airing this shit out on Twitter. On the other hand, if my hypothetical wife was referring to me as a roommate to another football player, I might have to burn Dallas to the ground.

Hope he signed the prenup...

I think it's weird that so many people have a problem with what Clay is doing. People are getting angrier at him talking about than the woman who cheated on him.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
MK9 or MKII

Thanks. I'm making a Christmas list for myself for this very reason haha

I think it might've been in Street Fighter once or twice. At the very least, they had Gief speaking Russian in one game.

I'm not too familiar with SF save 3rd Strike and Super Street Fighter 4. If the games do have this more, that's wonderful.

Talk about a story taht went street to shit. I don't even know where to start.

The Mortal Kombat tv show was straight fire though.

I think story derailment is pretty common for games that have been around over or close to 20 years. At least it seems that way.

DominoKid

the only fighting game story I really cared about was Soul Calibur. i always felt like that would make a great anime in the right hands.

So some customer at work the other day stole a battery. Not even a D battery or anything. A single, AA battery from a 16 pack. Who the FUCK nowadays steals just one battery?

jmood88

So some customer at work the other day stole a battery. Not even a D battery or anything. A single, AA battery from a 16 pack. Who the FUCK nowadays steals just one battery?

Maybe they were opening the pack to steal some batteries, then someone saw them so they stopped and a single battery fell out.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I can't get into MK or Tekken. I actively dislike the former, in fact.

I've started to lose love for Tekken since 6. I really disliked the online system and its soured the series for me.

Soul Calibur 3 was fun for me, but that's the only one from that series I've played.

Slayven

The mortal Kombat cartoon tried but the budget made He-man look like it was rolling with Avatar money

The struggle is real, maybe he needed to change the batteries in his remote.

ReiGun

The same people that come in my store and steal one pen out a box or three sheets of paper from a pack.

Xiaoyu had the best theme.
Xiaoyu's theme holds a special place in my heart since that was the very first Tekken 3 theme I heard when I was playing it on a demo disc before my dad bought it.

Heihachi's theme knocks, doesn't help he's also my favorite Tekken character.

I dislike Jin, but his Tekken 3 theme is legendary status.... it has been remixed so many times.

Yoshimitsu's theme is great also, his Tekken 3 variant is also my favorite Yoshimitsu design.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I thought the Injustice story mode was okay, even if it was just the Justice Lords all over again.

Imm0rt4l

I know right, btw nigga we gotta start vsing again.

All I want for SFV though is a new style, I'm not really impressed by the trailer cause it looks just like SFIV for PS4. Every SF to date has had a style change with each numerical iteration.

Damn. lol

for sure, haven't been playing anything at all lately, haven't touched destiny in a good while either.

Tekken 3 doesn't have Ring a Bell on its OST and therefore automatically loses to Tekken 2 for me.

Tekken 2's OST is my second favorite.

The Place, 1997
Nobody Catch Me
The Head Shaker
As Bald As
Emotionless Passion
Two Different Sides (Strike Arranges Remix)

all knock, among others

I thought the Injustice story mode was okay, even if it was just the Justice Lords all over again.

I enjoyed it. Maybe I haven't been playing the right fighters but it focused on actual story telling a lot more than others I've played. Kept me engaged better than SP in pretty much everything else.

Slayven

squadronsupremeomnibus-squadronsupreme1.jpg

RIP Black Nighthawk.

Its hilarious seeing people say T4 had the worse story when you look at the fandom and watch them whine over T7 not being T4 potentially.

All of Tekken's osts were good though.

jWILL253

Banned
TTT1's Hworang theme is God-tier.

As far as the story goes... I just don't know why every nigga that wins the tourney in canon turns heel afterwards. Kazuya was a legit antihero in T1 & T4, then he went heel in T2 & T5. Then Jin won in T5, and he went heel.

Despite that, T5 is the best non-TT Tekken...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Its hilarious seeing people say T4 had the worse story when you look at the fandom and watch them whine over T7 not being T4 potentially.

All of Tekken's osts were good though.

I always found it crazy that people could say 4 was the worst. I mean, 5 and onwards have essentially been joke stories so... wat

Paul almost won the Tekken 3 tournament, he defeated Ogre... but left before the cutscene where it absorbs Heihachi and turns into True Ogre.

Wasn't he also defeated by Ishi in Tekken 2?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
man... after listening to years of guilty gear and blazblue soundtracks, everything else is largely underwhelming as fuck. Daisuke is what got me into metal too.

shit is fire top to bottom. elegance, suck a sage, feel a fear, conclusion, still in the dark... enuf

jWILL253

Banned
Should I feel terrible when I'm watching this shit (and I'll watch the movie, btw), and bust out laughing, once I imagine it being a black child? Default answer is yes, obviously. Dang, though..took me a minute to stop..old magic hands!

What station is that playing on? I'll grab the clicker..

GxMsDsE.gif

MY WORD!

It's online only. Streaming on YouTube.

royalan

So, after a week's worth of deliberation, I have decided that Diddy is a shit-ass rapper...who nevertheless manages to put out great albums.

Press Play and Last Train to Paris are both really solid albums...

Onemic

So, after a week's worth of deliberation, I have decided that Diddy is a shit-ass rapper...who nevertheless manages to put out great albums.

Press Play and Last Train to Paris are both really solid albums...

Naw bruh...Just naw

Diddy hasnt put anything out that was barely decent with his name on it since Puff Daddy and the Family in the 90s

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Last Train To Paris was really fucking good. I'd easily rank it higher, if Diddy didn't feel the need to put his verses over everything. To bad Dirty Money got tossed into the void, like everyone else that signs to Bad Boy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom