• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

No Man Sky looks great as always.

That game looks boring as hell, no lie. Trailers are all identical. And they keep harping on "EVERYTHING IS PROCEDURALLY GENERATED!!!!!!!" But I don't have enough faith in the idea that technology is at a point where an entire game of that will be fun.

I predict No Man Sky is going to be next year's "HEW KNEW it would suck so hard!?" contender.

That game looks boring as hell, no lie. Trailers are all identical. And they keep harping on "EVERYTHING IS PROCEDURALLY GENERATED!!!!!!!" But I don't have enough faith in the idea that technology is at a point where an entire game of that will be fun.

I predict No Man Sky is going to be next year's "HEW KNEW it would suck so hard!?" contender.

Let me live Royalan!

Merc_

I have no faith in No Man's Sky at all.

Until we get some footage of someone actually playing the game, it's all just empty promises to me.

Crocodile

This is how I feel too. Looks pretty of course but this feels like the second coming of Spore. I could be wrong though.

Are you guys watching some sort of games award show?

LOL.

That's a major L right there.

…You post on a video game forum

B3-ElT3CYAE3dlB.jpg

jWILL253

Banned
what did nintendo do?

Shows off new Legend of Zelda; off-screen gameplay capture.

Mentions new Starfox game and announces it'll come out earlier than new Zelda; shows no gameplay or even a trailer.

I will say this: The new format is a huge improvement over the VGA/X format. But, as it stands, I just recorded two hours of the Das It Mane Awards brought to you by Dragon Age Inquisition & Soundclick Audio Engineering. They need a bigger stage focus on ALL the awards, and more stuff like the Sierra bit. It has a lot of potential.

royalan

I'm just going to say it:

I'm hyped for the new Zelda...for now.

That overworld was gorgeous...buuuuut, it was very true to the typical complaint I have with Zelda overworlds: the bigger they are, the emptier they feel.

That was a 10+ minute journey across that map...and in that time they only encountered 3 enemies? 3 enemies tho? And the same type of enemy at that?

And there was literally no other points of interest that we could see. That forest was emptier than a Mase concert.

Overall, the game looks cute. But I haven't seen any signs that Aunoma has actually recognized the pitfalls that have turned Zelda into such a shitty franchise (at least, to me).

ReiGun

Damn, I think my girl Samus really got banned to the Shadow Realm.

That overworld was gorgeous...buuuuut, it was very true to the typical complaint I have with Zelda overworlds: the bigger they are, the emptier they feel.

That was a 10+ minute journey across that map...and in that time they only encountered 3 enemies? 3 enemies tho? And the same type of enemy at that?

And there was literally no other points of interest that we could see. That forest was emptier than a Mase concert.

Overall, the game looks cute. But I haven't seen any signs that Aunoma has actually recognized the pitfalls that have turned Zelda into such a shitty franchise (at least, to me).
The overworld being too big was a huge problem with Twilight Princess. It was this vast land with nothing in it. I hated traveling in that game.

Don't get worked up over footage that isn't even being close to being finished.

Gorillaz

That Metal Gear online fam
fwcdth.gif

Immortal your boy Kojima trying to lock in that early GOTY

edit:fuck already posted gif but it's raw so it deserved it again

royalan

Don't get worked up over footage that isn't even being close to being finished.

If Nintendo didn't want that exact thing to happen, they wouldn't have shown it. The point of this is to entice players. And I AM enticed...but that trailer did nothing to alleviate my concerns that this Zelda will be another that over-promises.

reggie is shit

"people always ask us......."

???

"what about the new............."

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"zelda?"

just fuck off

this post killed me

"what about that new game in a franchise that gets installments like annually"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom