• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

As far as I understood it, the point of the Zelda footage was to show how large/seamless the world was and how you travel it, not how much content it has. They even deliberately cut the footage so that it wasn't interrupted. I agree that it didn't show much going on but as that clearly wasn't the intent I have a hard time getting apprehensive about overworld content. It might indeed be barebones but I have no reasonable way of knowing or even inferring that at this point.

And thank God. She's been stinkin up the joint.

Other M is like the only bad game in the series. 1 miss (I guess Hunters and II weren't as well received as some other games in the series) and the entire franchise is shit? Seems a bit harsh.

ReiGun

After adding voice acting and giving Samus her own group of shitty friends, Nintendo just decided to mercy kill it before things went full Sonic.

You mean successful.

UJojPfa.gif

Village

Hmm, sure man.

To get away from this topic, I don't wish to depress the whole thread.

So,

What music have you been listening to.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I thought the Genesis Sonic games were amazing, and I like Colors and Generations a lot, but honestly that Metroid Prime Trilogy disc is worth more than that hedgehog's entire franchise.

If Nintendo didn't want that exact thing to happen, they wouldn't have shown it. The point of this is to entice players. And I AM enticed...but that trailer did nothing to alleviate my concerns that this Zelda will be another that over-promises.

Nintendo has never worked that way. If they didn't show anything people would bitch too. There's no winning outside of showing BS CGI trailers which I'd rather them not have. People need to realize early game footage is early for a reason

Spinluck

I love Gaming Sides' logic sometimes.

You can bust a nut over an unfinished game (that they were completely fine with showing unfinished), but you are not allowed to be slightly critical of how they chose to show it or what they showed.

It boggles my mind how quick they are to get so defensive. It's not like I'm saying the game will be shit, and that everything in that footage is representative of the final product. It's almost like people are giving it a pass because it's Zelda; they acting like Skyward Sword never happened. Also lol at the crowd cheering during some of the reveals in that segment, lol. Jesus.

Also why the fuck is a clanking metal sound made to confirm a critical hit? You gonna have some niggas thinking they are hitting armor. Maybe that part isn't final. The game moves beautifully though, them horse animations remind me of why the horse in DA: Inquisition burn my eyes. Shit looks like a dude on all fours doing mocap.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
bolin is that motherfucker at the family reunion asking where that baby got the good hair from omg

When Su did that all I could say was "gangsta as fuck". Kuvira still gave her that work tho.

In the gaming industry, everyone refers to Sonic as "roomate".

lmao

Since I'm in the middle of web design work, been rotating between

• Erik Satie - Gnossienne No.1 performed by Lang Lang
  • Erik Satie - Gnossienne No.3 performed by Roland Pontinen
  • Lee Ji Soo - Guemja's Prayer performed by Mo Ho Baroque Ensemble
  • Johannes Brahms - Symphony No.4 in E Minor, Op. 98 performed by London Philharmonic Ochestra
  • Beethoven - Sonata No. 17 in D Minor performed by Herbert Waltl
  • Tchaikovsky - String Quartet No.1 in D Major performed by Britten Quartet
  • Esperanza Spaulding - Cinnamon Tree
  • Universal Hall Pass - Sally's Song

DominoKid

Suyin is involved in my 3 favorite fights of the show. i hope the finale has a sequence as good as when the Red Lotus tried to kidnap Korra.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

huh. so theyre twins?

Can someone explain to me what this is?

it looks like she took a piece of that compartment door, used it as a shield to deflect whatever is being thrown her way, and then she turns it into makeshift armor.

Hmm, sure man.

To get away from this topic, I don't wish to depress the whole thread.

So,

Nobuo Uematsu - Distant Worlds 1/2

Janet Jackson - Control

Mack Wilds - NY: A Love Story

Tinashe - Aquarius

Zin - Opa

Khaled - Maghreb Soul: 1986 - 1993

New Edition - Heartbreak

J10

Banned
Are all the fight scenes in that show that good?

Can you guys recommend some other anime with amazing fight scenes?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yo. I don't know what that is but it looks hype as fuck.

Legend of Korra, sequel series to Avatar: The Last Airbender

watch them both, they're probably better than whatever action anime bullshit you're watching

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Are all the fight scenes in that show that good?

Can you guys recommend some other anime with amazing fight scenes?

Vast majority imo

this season in particular has been exceptional though. TLA is still a kids show, so don't expect motherfuckers getting Fate/Zero'd and shit but each fight is extremely well put together to say the least.

If martial arts fights get you wet, Moribito is dope. Kinda in the same vein as TLA, but when people say "I want amazing fight scenes" it can mean a lot of different things.

3tvxnwZ.gif

process this shit brehs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom