• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

TLA and LoK are pretty good in fight choreography. There is a tendency at times in the show where "everyeone walks on to fight another day" style of fighting. So like DY said don't expect people getting that fucked up.

The season 2 finale of ATLA was probably one of the few fights where there was a clear cut L handed out. Probably the best season of both series. Definitely watch from the start.

ATLA: Avatar the Last Airbender (original series)
Lok: Legend of Korra (sequel series)

J10

Banned
I like that fancy martial arts choreography and magic stuff.

Can y'all not abbreviate and make vague references while making recommendations? I need specifics. LoK is Korra, right? Thanks a bunch.

ReiGun

Bolin: Whose Lin's dad?

Toph: Ehh. some nigga I used to know.

Lin: Fuck you, Mom. Fuck you all the way to hell.

Why is this so funny to me? lmao

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

because i think everyone has been that person sitting at that table when that dumb gets spoken

eating some meatloaf and all of a sudden bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

J10

Banned
Vast majority imo

this season in particular has been exceptional though. TLA is still a kids show, so don't expect motherfuckers getting Fate/Zero'd and shit but each fight is extremely well put together to say the least.

If martial arts fights get you wet, Moribito is dope. Kinda in the same vein as TLA, but when people say "I want amazing fight scenes" it can mean a lot of different things.

3tvxnwZ.gif

process this shit brehs

I copy/pasted Lin vs Su from a page back into YouTube and that scene came up. That's fucking bananas. Whoever Suyin is, she's nasty.

DominoKid

Are all the fight scenes in that show that good?

Can you guys recommend some other anime with amazing fight scenes?

yeah man avatar fight scenes are dope.

Fate series also has great fight scenes. Fate Stay Night fight scenes have been ridiculous so far
tumblr_neudguasbe1qbvovho1_500.gif
tumblr_ndb29tCHRj1ttu8odo1_500.gif

Trey

Mike and Bryan have been writing through the characters in order to speak directly to the fanbase all season, and the results have not been good. Shame season 4 is such a step back from season 3, but it's still watchable.

Only 60 minutes left in the entire avatar universe, brehs.

DY_nasty

Fate series also has great fight scenes. Fate Stay Night fight scenes have been ridiculous so far
I'm glad you stayed up on game. Because of my move, I haven't been able to say in touch with shit like I wanted. Akame fell the fuck off a cliff and Terra Formars, while actually.... entertaining, isn't really the best when it comes to fights (or being watchable because of the crazy censorship lol).

Gonna have to check that out.

Trey

I copy/pasted Lin vs Su from a page back into YouTube and that scene came up. That's fucking bananas. Whoever Suyin is, she's nasty.

The range of the choreography throughout the show is what's really impressive to me. This fight is extremely different than my personal favorite fight scene in the series, but both are great in and of themselves.

Merc_

I guarantee that the negativity around the new Zelda will mostly disappear when the 2015 E3 trailer for it drops. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the morning.

Is Korra really that much better after the first season? I stopped after the rushed end of season 1 and I heard that season 2 was even worse. I pretty much gave up on it after that.

DY_nasty

I guarantee that the negativity around the new Zelda will mostly disappear when the 2015 E3 trailer for it drops. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the morning.

Is Korra really that much better after the first season? I stopped after the rushed end of season 1 and I heard that season 2 was even worse. I pretty much gave up on it after that.

Season 2 is worse. Watchable, but worse. Season 3 is DOPE though.

Crocodile

Looks like I should catch up on Korra. Not entirely happy with how things have been going but the season has been solid and I hope it ends well.

Are all the fight scenes in that show that good?

Can you guys recommend some other anime with amazing fight scenes?

Not all the fight scenes are that good but there are plenty of good fight scenes in the show. Money + good animators and choreographers + enough lead time to actually do the work = good results.

With regards to anime are you asking in general or recently? Strictly hand to hand combat or anything from superpowers to mechas? Primarily action/fighting shows or shows from other genres that happen to have a few good fights? From this year alone:

space-dandy-2.gif

be70d97ad53600e26c750096cd76969a.gif

Space Dandy - its not an action show per say but it does have a lot of insane action sequences.

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B3.gif

Fate%2Bstay%2Bnight%2B6.gif

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - The sequel to Fate/Zero. Not as good as Fate/Zero (which is the show I'd suggest overall) from what little I've seen (mostly due to the younger protagonists) and the fight scenes are pretty spaced out but the few I've seen have been insane.

tumblr_ndwothppHM1qa94xto1_500.gif

tumblr_ndr7jnzm1f1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Rage of Bahamut Genesis - Basically Pirates of the Caribbean with a fantasy angle. The main protagonist (Afro dude in first gif) is basically Jack Sparrow-lite.

Gundam+BF+15+42.gif

i0Sq5exjpNeof.gif

Gundam Build Fighters/Try - The original series (which ended early this year) and the sequel (on right now) are pretty much the best place to go for robot on robot action this year. It's essentially a sport show about kids plaing with models but its got a lot of heart. The first series is better than the sequel so far so I'd check that out. Being a Gundam fan helps but you don't need to be one to enjoy the show.

Shit finding half-way decent gifs is hard. How does one embed webms?

J10

Banned
TLA and LoK are pretty good in fight choreography. There is a tendency at times in the show where "everyeone walks on to fight another day" style of fighting. So like DY said don't expect people getting that fucked up.

The season 2 finale of ATLA was probably one of the few fights where there was a clear cut L handed out. Probably the best season of both series. Definitely watch from the start.

ATLA: Avatar the Last Airbender (original series)
Lok: Legend of Korra (sequel series)

Looks like I should catch up on Korra. Not entirely happy with how things have been going but the season has been solid and I hope it ends well.

Not all the fight scenes are that good but there are plenty of good fight scenes in the show. Money + good animators and choreographers + enough lead time to actually do the work = good results.

With regards to anime are you asking in general or recently? Strictly hand to hand combat or anything from superpowers to mechas? Primarily action/fighting shows or shows from other genres that happen to have a few good fights? From this year alone:

Space Dandy - its not an action show per say but it does have a lot of insane action sequences.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - The sequel to Fate/Zero. Not as good as Fate/Zero (which is the show I'd suggest overall) from what little I've seen (mostly due to the younger protagonists) and the fight scenes are pretty spaced out but the few I've seen have been insane.

Rage of Bahamut Genesis - Basically Pirates of the Caribbean with a fantasy angle. The main protagonist (Afro dude in first gif) is basically Jack Sparrow-lite.

Gundam Build Fighters/Try - The original series (which ended early this year) and the sequel (on right now) are pretty much the best place to go for robot on robot action this year. It's essentially a sport show about kids plaing with models but its got a lot of heart. The first series is better than the sequel so far so I'd check that out. Being a Gundam fan helps but you don't need to be one to enjoy the show.

Shit finding half-way decent gifs is hard. How does one embed webms?

Thank you.

ReiGun

Rewatching Young Justice. Still hate how they did Aqualad. "Oh you can be leader but you're only keeping the seat warm for Robin."

ReiGun

Watching Aqualad's first focus ep. Dude was ready to leave the hero game for ol girl only to find out Garth was already hittin' that. This was after Batman gave him the "shape up or ship out" speech. My man was having a rough day.

In a show full of disappointments, this one may have stung the most.

Mortemis

Banned
I see yall already hopped on talking about that Su fight. Like shit, started to get excited the moment I saw Su eye Kuvira to fight, jaw dropped at the fight. Metal bender fights are almost always fucking amazing, especially Su fights.

Rewatching Young Justice. Still hate how they did Aqualad. "Oh you can be leader but you're only keeping the seat warm for Robin."

That's what I liked about season 2. Robin was the seat warmer because Aqualad had something important to do.

Also Black Manta being a surprisingly good dad.

Crocodile

Oh I forgot one

ib0CiaQyCX033m.gif

gS7XKjr.gif

Also see this video

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders: This is the third arc and second season of this franchise about the Joestar family across generations and the increasingly bizarre situations and adversaries they find themselves against (zombies, vampires, evil babies etc.) The animation doesn't come close to approaching the quality or consistency of Space Dandy but overall its still pretty good. I'd recommend watching the first season since it gives you some background on what going on in the second but it isn't a strict requirement (though it will of course spoil events in the first season). The animation in the first season overall isn't very good though so be aware of that.

How good is Fate? Story good enough for me to bear through it for the fight scenes?

Fate/Zero? Yes though there is a LOT of talking. Fate/Stay Night? Jury is still out IMO.

Sword of the Stranger

tumblr_m8ebneKUEf1qho1uao1_500.gif

tumblr_mqe4wg1pZP1rap179o1_500.gif

For those curious.

ReiGun

Having flashbacks to how annoying the Light was. "Oh we took a major L - lost troops, our objective, and lord only knows how much money and resources - but it was all according to keikaku."

I guess I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

I looked up Terra Formars and what kind of fuckery is this

The best kind. THe show minus being edited is damn good.

I am sitting here at work watching the Rocketeer. That shit is so goddamn good. And ole Mags from Justified is in it with a whole bunch of folks. And Jennifer Connolly looks like a 30's starlet. And didnt realize Billy Campbell is Cliff Secord. And Locke is Howard Hughes.

And those anime suggestions i will give a go.

Hmm, sure man.

To get away from this topic, I don't wish to depress the whole thread.

So,

What music have you been listening to.
To name a few

Lovage - to catch a thief
Radiohead- live from the basement
Tool - 10,000 days
Alanis Morissette - unplugged
Proof - searching for Jerry Garcia
Zend Avesta - Organique
EMOG - Primal Melodies

this some bullshit lol
spent far too long learning how to unlock and factory image my nexus 7 so i can get the 5.0.1 update. Took forever for windows to let me know my drivers weren't actually installed but looked that way. Unlock the bitch about to restart to to back to fastboot and see the system update icon and decided to look what old version it was going to give me "ota"..it was fucking 5.0.1 oh well. I think maybe me not logging into my google account flagged it for update after the full erase. now i got to erase that dummy user name and log in as usual

And thank God. She's been stinkin up the joint.

I don't even...

How do you...

Why would you say something so obviously insane?

------

Kuvira vs Lin was fucking awesome but running off on her own was only going to get her curb-stomped.

------

Zelda looked ridiculous, let's hope it doesn't wind up as empty/easy as Twilight Princess.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Anyone else find it hard to shop for relatives during the holidays ?
mother lovers gonna end up with a gift cards and Imma keep it moving.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Having flashbacks to how annoying the Light was. "Oh we took a major L - lost troops, our objective, and lord only knows how much money and resources - but it was all according to keikaku."

made the season 2 stuff all the more satisfying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom