• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

It's fucking true.

It was white terrorists with fertilizer bombs blowing up schools, blowing up federal buildings, blowing up black churches.

But people like to pretend only foreigners can be terrorists when white American terrorists rarely are ever called such. Every mass shooting that hits the news is a white terrorist, but nothing is ever done to stop repeats. Black people show up with legal open carry guns at a protest in California and those rights are clamped down on immediately by Reagan.

Meanwhile, the Tulsa massacre mentioned was actively whitewashed out of history books.

Racists in power will act more upon the idea of one race possibly doing something than do something about actual acts committed

Malyse

It's fucking true.

It was white terrorists with fertilizer bombs blowing up schools, blowing up federal buildings, blowing up black churches.

But people like to pretend only foreigners can be terrorists when white American terrorists rarely are ever called such. Every mass shooting that hits the news is a white terrorist, but nothing is ever done to stop repeats. Black people show up with legal open carry guns at a protest in California and those rights are clamped down on immediately by Reagan.

Meanwhile, the Tulsa massacre mentioned was actively whitewashed out of history books.

Racists in power will act more upon the idea of one race possibly doing something than do something about actual acts committed
This is a reminder that they tore down a black community to build Central Park.

FyreWulff

I remember as a kid seeing a bunch of older movies that had an anti-highway message to them. I was like, why would you be mad at highways? They let you go fast!

And then I got older and started learning how often highways were used to literally wipe out communities that people wanted to get rid of. Brings me back to pointing out that people that think parts of their life aren't politicized don't realize that those parts of life just favor their own politics

Slayven

I remember as a kid seeing a bunch of older movies that had an anti-highway message to them. I was like, why would you be mad at highways? They let you go fast!

And then I got older and started learning how often highways were used to literally wipe out communities that people wanted to get rid of. Brings me back to pointing out that people that think parts of their life aren't politicized don't realize that those parts of life just favor their own politics

Looking back to all the 80s shows/movies where the plot was saving the community center makes a hell of a lot more sense now.

Imm0rt4l

That Metal Gear online fam
fwcdth.gif

Immortal your boy Kojima trying to lock in that early GOTY

edit:fuck already posted gif but it's raw so it deserved it again

Big Boss been on this selfie shit since 1983 bruh

Imm0rt4l

…Yo, why have I not heard of this until now. Or maybe I have but didn't pay attention, either way I'm checking this out.

And JoJo is hype, next season will have that and kuroko no fuckery coming back, hype.

I'm sure if you search anime and fights or choregraphy. Sword of the stranger is always the first thing mentioned. watch it.

Mortemis

Banned
Didn't take long for the "as a black man" posters to show up in that equal race & sex representation thread. Every time.

No Man's Sky= GOTY for 2015.

Mark my words...

I'm going to have to agree with others that it'll be that game that everyone goes "I told y'all it'll be shit!"

Malyse

Didn't take long for the "as a black man" posters to show up in that equal race & sex representation thread. Every time.

I'm going to have to agree with others that it'll be that game that everyone goes "I told y'all it'll be shit!"

I immediately noped out that thread. Aint drunk enough for that be patient bullshit.

I have hopes for NMS, but no way do I think in a year with a Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Xenoblade, and Zelda does it cop a GOTY.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
MGS: Ghost Babel doesn't get enough love.

I guess all Battlefield Hardline critiques are going to be met with, but you play GTA, you're sensitive, and it's just a game. lol

Imm0rt4l

I don't know why, shit peaked with Metal Gear Solid.
Mgs3 was exceptional. Although it also introduced even more absurdity to the franchise. Problem is a lot of the absurdity had really dope aspects as recompense. Mgs3 had some ridiculous boss characters, but the gameplay in those boss fights was the silver lining. Gameplay was so on point that it kinda nullified the stupidity of a man attacking snake with wasps...kinda.

I can't say that I disagree with mgs1 being the peak of the franchise. It's a damn good game.

Yo, why's the white participation on my fb post criticizing Jay, Bey and Ye's silence, and contrasting it with Bush's on Eric Garner, so much higher than my general statuses on Eric Garner...

Farcry 4 is dope. Farcry 3 was pretty amazing too...as long as you block out the story. That shit was like the textbook definition of the "Mighty Whitey" trope. Like they said fuck nuance and subtlety and went straight textbook. Shit was disgusting as fuck.

Tone-Loc in 2014

and British pop white women

yP6c3B7.gif

Sony won the console war

got damn

sony ponies win this round

Farcry 4 is dope. Farcry 3 was pretty amazing too...as long as you block out the story. That shit was like the textbook definition of the "Mighty Whitey" trope. Like they said fuck nuance and subtlety and went straight textbook. Shit was disgusting as fuck.

I've only played Blood Dragon and seen LPs of FC4 multi, but I've heard bad things about FC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom