• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

My beef with it is that, like all Snyder movies, it looks great, but is emotionally flat with even flatter and boring acting. Dude should just direct video games where he can make the entire experience one giant set piece and not have to worry about story or acting.
Side note: more people from film should get into games. Brothers A Tale of Two Sons was amazing and Enslaved was great as well. With games going more cinematic, we really should be looking there.
And yeah, game stories are usually shit anyway.

That was a quick 100 posts.

New page get.

Trey

Just got done watching Candyman. I'm surprised I'm only just now seeing it.

I thought it was pretty good. Not scary but the mood was great. The acting was rather shit all around but whatever.

ReiGun

I feel like the "badness" of WB's DC films is overblown. Only Catwoman and Green Lantern of the more recent stuff is the utterly putrid unwatchable garbage people charge all non TDK films with being.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I feel like the "badness" of WB's DC films is overblown. Only Catwoman and Green Lantern of the more recent stuff is the utterly putrid unwatchable garbage people charge all non TDK films with being.

Its fandom vs bait. Its the same with the first avenger hate. Shit slinging is a rule, not an exception.

Malyse

Its all relative. Arguably the worst Marvel CU film is Iron Man 2 and its still a lot better than most of DC's output.

strobogo

Banned
We need to continue with these wrestling reaction gifs...

danceee.gif

boo.gif

iAjtyEW3ojI0r.gif

i4Tl0212mDy9c.gif

iujICVelXfxkt.gif

Village

I think DNR and MOS are pretty bad, they aren't unwatchable bad, they are however watch and laugh bad. Which is still really bad.

Its like what I was telling you about the new 52, not all of its the worst shit ever, but a lot of it was bad and the badness is still effecting the DC universe with its bad. Its still justifying the criticism.

I know you are a DC and Marvel can live together in peace kinda guy, I am too. I don't think we need to argue who is better all the time, that said be honest there's a lot of justification in disliking DC and Liking marvel . I know you wanna give everything the benefit of the doubt , but ya know they making some bad shit.

Village

Oh are we saying The Dark Knight Rises is a bad movie now?

I have been saying that shit since it came out

Do you remember the time where Christan bale gave up on his shitty batman voice over the course of the film and they just let that shit ride? Thats the entirety of that movie.

ReiGun

Its fandom vs bait. Its the same with the first avenger hate. Shit slinging is a rule, not an exception.
True. I try to give room for people to have their opinions because movie quality is subjective, but a lot of it does feel like people just want their "team" to "win."

Its all relative. Arguably the worst Marvel CU film is Iron Man 2 and its still a lot better than most of DC's output.

I'd say Iron Man 2 would be right at home with the Superman Returns of world in the "bad movies that aren't quite as bad as people say but are still pretty bad" category.

I think DNR and MOS are pretty bad, they aren't unwatchable bad, they are however watch and laugh bad. Which is still really bad.

Its like what I was telling you about the new 52, not all of its the worst shit ever, but a lot of it was bad and the badness is still effecting the DC universe with its bad. Its still justifying the criticism.

I know you are a DC and Marvel can live together in peace kinda guy, I am too. I don't think we need to argue who is better all the time, that said be honest there's a lot of justification in disliking DC and Liking marvel . I know you wanna give everything the benefit of the doubt , but ya know they making some bad shit.
And there's a lot of justification in liking DC and disliking Marvel. It's all ultimately subjective. There are people on this forum who despise the MCU, and in truth, they're no more right or wrong than those who enjoy it.

I'm always one of the first people to speak up when I think DC makes or is doing something bad. I don't like much of the New 52, I didn't like MoS all that much (though I somehow found myself having to defend it a lot), I think they've missed so many opportunities with characters it's crazy, their PR can be amazingly stupid, Dan Didio needs to be gone as EiC or whatever position he currently occupies, their laser focus on Batman is going to hurt them in the long term, I have a ton of reservations about their movie slate, I don't know wtf to do with Wonder Woman and haven't for the last 30-50 years...I really could go on.

But I also genuinely like some of the stuff they do and I do think that current comic fandom is way too quick to jump on them over every little thing. Or to throw so much hyperbole into the mix of an announcement or a discussion that I just can't abide by it anymore. A ton of bad decisions doesn't suddenly make me not enjoy Arrow or Flash, not think the TDK trilogy was good, not enjoy books like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League United, etc.

It's like Nintendo. I think Nintendo is dumb as all fuck 90% of the time as a company...but they still made Smash Bros 4. Smash Bros 4.

harSon

Banned
I liked Iron Man 2 more than Iron Man 3. Although that's not saying much since I disliked both. IM3 was boring as fuck on top of being horse shit though.

Village

And there's a lot of justification in liking DC and disliking Marvel. It's all ultimately subjective. There are people on this forum who despise the MCU, and in truth, they're no more right or wrong than those who enjoy it.

I'm always one of the first people to speak up when I think DC makes or is doing something bad. I don't like much of the New 52, I didn't like MoS all that much (though I somehow found myself having to defend it a lot), I think they've missed so many opportunities with characters it's crazy, their PR can be amazingly stupid, Dan Didio needs to be gone as EiC or whatever position he currently occupies, their laser focus on Batman is going to hurt them in the long term, I have a ton of reservations about their movie slate, I don't know wtf to do with Wonder Woman and haven't for the last 30-50 years...I really could go on.

But I also genuinely like some of the stuff they do and I do think that current comic fandom is way too quick to jump on them over every little thing. Or to throw so much hyperbole into the mix of an announcement or a discussion that I just can't abide by it anymore. A ton of bad decisions doesn't suddenly make me not enjoy Arrow or Flash, not think the TDK trilogy was good, not enjoy books like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League United, etc.

It's like Nintendo. I think Nintendo is dumb as all fuck 90% of the time as a company...but they still made Smash Bros 4. Smash Bros 4.

I understand what you are saying, have been preaching that batman point for years. If batman were ever to become non viable for a period for whatever reason thats a shit ton oft their market.

I like DC I like DC a lot , like a lot a lot. I buy their books, watch thier cartoons, and movies even if they are bad. I shell out 15 bucks to these dudes for months at a time to play an mmo and marvel can't get me to play one of their games most of the time unless its fighting capcom or there is an ultimate alliance involved.

That said, all I am saying I understand given their output peoples opinions on DC. Its like sonic with me, don't get me started on that though. DC is a quality beef, Sonic is a business man beef with me.

G-Fex

Dark Souls isn't bad, it's good fun, my PC can't run it too well. I did surprise myself I thought i'd do bad at it.

I had a bit more fun with playing GTA III tonight for the first time.

G-Fex

You mean like not actually kind of being about anything or having any kind of focus?

That's pretty much it.

Some shit happened, iron man and pre-war machine boxed for a bit, more shit happening involving russian villain and his bird and evil nerd then we get to fight with drones.

strobogo

Banned
The plot of IM2 was that Tony is even more of a rockstar now that he's publicly out as Iron Man, which sends him out of control, until he realizes he probably shouldn't be a giant asshole all the time because now he and his loved ones are targets, and learns that he can't do everything by himself anymore. If it had been a cartoon, it would have been a single episode. No way did it need to be 2 hours. Stuff happens. What happens in the movie directly leads to him agreeing to join The Avengers. But it also has a lot of fluff. It's okay. I think Thor 2 is faaaaaaar and away the worst out put of MCU. It's bad. I'd still rather rewatch it over Green Lantern or MOS, though.

G-Fex

The problem is that it just goes through those motions, none of it though is really notable, enjoyable, interesting, etc. It's just stretching and padding out another movie cause we need time before all this other shit comes out then Avengers.

Green Lantern is the saddest thing cause it's the biggest waste of potential.

Everything was bad from the start, that awful casting and costume.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The plot of IM2 was that Tony is even more of a rockstar now that he's publicly out as Iron Man, which sends him out of control, until he realizes he probably shouldn't be a giant asshole all the time because now he and his loved ones are targets, and learns that he can't do everything by himself anymore. If it had been a cartoon, it would have been a single episode. No way did it need to be 2 hours. Stuff happens. What happens in the movie directly leads to him agreeing to join The Avengers. But it also has a lot of fluff. It's okay. I think Thor 2 is faaaaaaar and away the worst out put of MCU. It's bad. I'd still rather rewatch it over Green Lantern or MOS, though.

Thor 2 is better than Captain America 1

Look man I was genuinely mad that I paid money for DKR, my friends convinced me that shit was good

tracey-morgan-no-gif.gif

I rolled my eyes throughout the whole thing

i'll take superman returns' boring ass over like 50% of the mcu movies. only ones i can legitimately say are better are all 3 iron mans, cap 2, guardians and avengers (though the first two hours of this are pushing that)

G-Fex

I really liked Superman Returns a lot. I mean I do hate Lex Luthor's ....everything, and supes getting beaten up.

But there's just something...I love the entire movie, it's entertaining.

Never thought I'd praise Singer's work.

There's a certain level of suspension of disbelief that comes with all superhero movies, and even the most egregious examples can be forgiven if the movie itself is entertaining (re: Pacific Rim).

But Superman Returns throws all of it out the gotdamned window, and it is boring as FUCK on top of it. Same with Dark Knight Rises. I think Rises might actually be worse, since the movie is plain ugly on top of being bad and boring.

G-Fex

SR is likable.

I used to think the same that it was boring, but I took a few re-watches to confirm I do like it.

I don't think I'll ever like the Raimi SM movies, I think they're boring and just not the least bit likable.

Yeah yeah I know I'm wrong and crazy, etc etc.

SR is likable.

I used to think the same that it was boring, but I took a few re-watches to confirm I do like it.

I don't think I'll ever like the Raimi SM movies, I think they're boring and just not the least bit likable.

Yeah yeah I know I'm wrong and crazy, etc etc.

Nah, I can see how someone might not like 'em. The 2nd is still the best Spidey movie I've seen, but it's whatever at this point.

Routh's outing as Superman tanking is as bad as Garfield getting stuck with poorly-written films for his Spider-Man. Great casting, bad writing.

Well DKR was ass tier. I am biased and don't like batman so tale what you will.

Things I learne tonight:

1) 3 people can fit in my bed.
2) Stimulation will endure vomiting if done correctly.
3) I need a better shower head.

Its funny how Routh's Ray Palmer in Arrow has shades of Clark in him as well. Tell me you don't see it lol.

yeah routh is all good. Looked the part as clark too for sure

Loving him in arrow

It was bosworth that was one of the problems. People give spacey shit for his lex but he was really entertaining I thought

DKR>>>>avengers but both made 2012 an awful year for the big two companies imo. Still I'll defend the dark knight rises ending til I die. Movie is a YouTube classic since I don't want to ever watch the whole thing again but there are legit awesome clips (with glorious music) like the prison climb and end montage. Based zimmer

I'll agree to disagree. I can't stand Whedon and his writing's all over it, plus the movie ain't shit until they hit the ground as a team at the end imo. It really didn't hold up well at all when I rewatched it at home, less so than tdkr for me.

i own both these shitty movies on bluray tho
XLHwPXv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom