• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

what about it? The mandarin as presented wasn't chinese at all.

it was the "oh, I'm just an actor, there is no mandarin" part where it went off the rails.

that being said, I thought that part was hilarious. IM3 still had terrible villains, but that particular reveal I don't have an issue with.

strobogo

Banned
There still is a "real" Mandarin yet to be introduced to the MCU. Based off the one shot with Trevor Slattery, I'd imagine the real one will show up after Avengers 2, maybe as a sort of replacement for Loki.

There still is a "real" Mandarin yet to be introduced to the MCU. Based off the one shot with Trevor Slattery, I'd imagine the real one will show up after Avengers 2, maybe as a sort of replacement for Loki.

can't really see the point there. The mandarin was always an iron man specific villain, and a C-list one at that.

We know after Avengers 2 that Marvel is going to be using Downey and Evans for Civil War- which from all rumors is going to be as much of an iron man film as it is a captain america film and won't need a villain per se. Hell, Iron man probably WILL be the villain in that, especially if he gets blamed for Age of Ultron.

Avengers 3 is going to hit at the end of phase 3, and That film is almost certainly going to be all Thanos.

I think the "mandarin" plot is pretty dead, personally.

DominoKid

10727414_390765874408558_1493232158_n.jpg

strobogo

Banned
can't really see the point there. The mandarin was always an iron man specific villain, and a C-list one at that.

We know after Avengers 2 that Marvel is going to be using Downey and Evans for Civil War- which from all rumors is going to be as much of an iron man film as it is a captain america film and won't need a villain per se. Hell, Iron man probably WILL be the villain in that, especially if he gets blamed for Age of Ultron.

Avengers 3 is going to hit at the end of phase 3, and That film is almost certainly going to be all Thanos.

I think the "mandarin" plot is pretty dead, personally.

I don't. Thanos was introduced in The Avengers and besides a brief appearance in GOTG, won't be a main character until The Avengers 3. I don't see why Mandarin can't get the same kind of time line. If he's not used in movies, I think he and the Ten Rings will eventually play a role on AOS. But I wouldn't know because even though it is apparently much better this season, after improving a ton at the end of last season, I have had zero interest in watch any episodes.

who in y'all opinion are some of the best marvel villains ?

Whenever I watch these marvel movies it always seems like the lame ass villains are reason these movies are lackluster imo.

Are most of the movie villains goat in the comics but just sub par on the big screen?

Magneto, who is portrayed great in the films.

Red Skull, who was good, but Hugo won't be back.

Loki - Legit

Ultron - looks good

Doom - sigh

Annihlus - not in yet

They're around, but most of the recent big shit actually deals with Thanos and Incursions, etc.

That would be a funny way to have the not JL and Avengers fight.

Slayven

who in y'all opinion are some of the best marvel villains ?

Whenever I watch these marvel movies it always seems like the lame ass villains are reason these movies are lackluster imo.

Are most of the movie villains goat in the comics but just sub par on the big screen?

They are better in comics, a lot better.

Malyse

Can any of you all help me with something regarding getting money to my Paypal account? I'd appreciate the help if you could.

Red Skull, Thanos, Dormammu, and though not a villain anymore I really liked Spiral.

PM me if you still need it.

Infinite

Roy got banned for being upset?

Some of Roy's posts come off as more aggressive than he intends. I think some of his questions and shit come off as rhetorical when he's in fact looking for some responses.

I think that's just his posting style. It does come off as combative at times but I know he means no harm. Surprised he got banned for that. Hopefully a mod plays monster reborn on him like they did me.

RedSwirl

Watched Alien for the first time.

Pretty good. Hard to ignore all the culture surrounding the franchise over the last 35 years though and watch it with a clear head. That includes what I saw in Promethius. Before this I'd only seen that movie and Resurrection. Hard to believe Resurrection was supposed to be part of the same franchise. Visually Alien is a very post-Star Wars film if you ask me though.

About to put in Aliens (also first time).

See, that's how you do it. All the mockery, none of the blackface, plus Slayven has found his Queen Crab, er Lobster.

It's like when Ellen Degeneres dressed as Nicki Minaj for her Halloween episode last year. No blackface, but you damn sure knew who she was dressing as.

Pretty good. Hard to ignore all the culture surrounding the franchise over the last 35 years though and watch it with a clear head. That includes what I saw in Promethius. Before this I'd only seen that movie and Resurrection. Hard to believe Resurrection was supposed to be part of the same franchise. Visually Alien is a very post-Star Wars film if you ask me though.

About to put in Aliens (also first time).

You've taken the first steps to becoming a better person.

About to put in Aliens (also first time)

Both amazing films in their own right. 2 different genres. I envy you. Enjoy fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom