• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I just don't find Batman and the Joker that interesting.

And the Xmen movies jsut make me sad. Like Parallax when he sees his mint condition Trouble TPB sad.

houseslippers-304-304x304.jpg

Looking like his mom told him he can't go out tonight but his friends are already out front waiting in the car.

Look like he just bought a PS4 and Madden 16 and right when he about to open the box, his kids come in and say they have to work on a project for school thats due tomorrow that requires him to go back out to ATL at 5pm and go to that one store that you cant really get to even with no traffic.

I love all my fam but fuck Batman. He is WORSE then the cats he is battling. He is a goddamn sociopath and schizophrenic with serious masochistic issues and enables the most vile sack of shit to continue a killing spree upon his every escape. This motherfucker is as guilty the Joker for every person that has been killed. And dont get me started on child endangerment.

no

HELL no

not in any area of the multiverse, bruh

I'd slap Riovane across the face (RIP) before I'd ever fathom that DKR is in any way better than Avengers.

yep. RIP Riovane *snicker*

I just don't find Batman and the Joker that interesting.

And the Xmen movies jsut make me sad. Like Parallax when he sees his mint condition Trouble TPB sad.

thank you fellow comic enthusiast

So Black Ish actually is a good sitcom. Name made me expect corny bullshit and "black jokes," but it actually is a clever look at culture, family and race.

Dat spanking episode!

strobogo

Banned
The problem is that it just goes through those motions, none of it though is really notable, enjoyable, interesting, etc. It's just stretching and padding out another movie cause we need time before all this other shit comes out then Avengers.

Green Lantern is the saddest thing cause it's the biggest waste of potential.

Everything was bad from the start, that awful casting and costume.

GL is such garbage. Everything about it looks and feels like it is straight out of 1995.

i'll take superman returns' boring ass over like 50% of the mcu movies. only ones i can legitimately say are better are all 3 iron mans, cap 2, guardians and avengers (though the first two hours of this are pushing that)

So...You'll take Superman Returns over 50% of the MCU, but you like 6 out of the 9 MCU films more than SR? Now, I'm not very good at the maths, but something doesn't add up.

harSon

Banned
Neon icon was a pretty good album. But you don't even like young thugga. You gotta embrace the ignorance harson. Let it envelope you

I like Young Thug. Actually I like everything about his music except him. Beats are always fire, and his supporting cast is usually solid. Same way I felt with Neon Icon actually. YT just needs to take the gobstoppers out his mouth when he raps. Dude raps like that for no reason. I've heard him live and it doesn't sound like he's dropping bars while getting a root canal.

harSon

Banned
Thors are better than 2, Iron Man 3 had some really good stuff going for it.

The Iron Man series really suffers from mind numbingly awful villains. They could have had one with Mandarin but they fucked it up beyond belief. Yeah, it had some things going for it. But it was a cheesy bore fest. Straight up Norse shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The Iron Man series really suffers from mind numbingly awful villains. They could have had one with Mandarin but they fucked it up beyond belief. Yeah, it had some things going for it. But it was a cheesy bore fest. Straight up Norse shit.

I loved the Mandarin twist. It was hilarious.

Why did you except corny? I heard that statement too much.
The name screamed to me that it would be a series based on a series of black jokes and cooning. Plus they were pegging as "from the creators of Modern Family" instead of mentioning the black writers/creators involved.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
who in y'all opinion are some of the best marvel villains ?

Whenever I watch these marvel movies it always seems like the lame ass villains are reason these movies are lackluster imo.

Are most of the movie villains goat in the comics but just sub par on the big screen?

Infinite

I was on my way to the store and this dude in a car shouted out "lovely" me. I assumed he was talking about my hair so I waved and kept walking. He then said "yo!" and beckoned me to come over to his vehicle. I started power walking and took an alternate way home lol.

Silky

Banned
Can any of you all help me with something regarding getting money to my Paypal account? I'd appreciate the help if you could.

Red Skull, Thanos, Dormammu, and though not a villain anymore I really liked Spiral.

harSon

Banned

Whenever I watch these marvel movies it always seems like the lame ass villains are reason these movies are lackluster imo.

Are most of the movie villains goat in the comics but just sub par on the big screen?

To be fair, Marvel doesn't have film rights for some of its best/most iconic villains.

Kreed

The name screamed to me that it would be a series based on a series of black jokes and cooning. Plus they were pegging as "from the creators of Modern Family" instead of mentioning the black writers/creators involved.

The original previews from the pilot didn't help either (which is easily the "worst" episode in comparison to the others). After the first episode the show got really good, but I still prefer episode 2 (The Talk) and episode 4 (Crazy Mom) over all the others because they focus more on being funny and less on the "We're a black family, we need to make our kids do black things" dance followed by "Maybe it's ok if we don't force black things on our kids" by the end of the episode.

RedSwirl

China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom